Saturday, December 19, 2020

Entitled Customer Expects Restaurant To Stay Open Late, Can't Handle Rejection


Anyone who has ever muddled through a difficult existence in the service industry knows that there are many days filled with irrational, entitled, generally insufferable customers that refuse to treat their fellow human beings with anything remotely close to decent behavior. Well, this guy certainly got just the kind of clap back that he was rudely asking for, after having an emotional implosion when the restaurant wouldn't serve him past closing hours. Check out another glorious tale of malicious compliance with this call center employee who wasn't given their rightful raise, and what they did as a response

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance + Join u/luridfox • 15h 5 2 2 2 S 7 At closing time I am still the manager M So I was 19 at the time and a shift supervisor at a local sub shop (Planet Sub). This was my first supervisory/ managerial position and for how shy and generally insecure I was at the time, I am amazed I had the gall to do this. To be fair it had been a LONG day, and I had a second job that would give me more hours if I wanted.

2.

Text - I was in charge of closing the store and I had had a couple of staff call in, leaving me and two workers to deal with a busy night of sandwiches, pissy and entitled customers, and no breaks save for quick restroom ones. The store closed at 10, and we were for sure going to be shutting things down at 10:00.01, clean as fast as we could, and be free. All of us had school/ classes the next day early. Around 9:30 I answered the phone to a terse gentleman demanding to know when we close becaus

3.

Text - Once 10pm hit we got going on what we needed to finish, food covered, stored in the walk-in, counters cleared etc. There were a few people finishing up eating in the lobby, but they looked almost done. At 10:15 an irritated voice called into the kitchen asking "is there anybody working here, I would like to place my order". I walked out, and behind the counter told him that we closed 15 minutes ago and the kitchen was shut down. "I called half an hour ago and I was told I could come get f

4.

Text - At this moment folks, I had a moment of clarity, that I did not want to take this in the slightest, and I wanted to be a sarcastic and immature prick. I did not get paid enough for this, and I was fed up with the day. "One moment, I will get him" I said politely with a genuine smile. I then turned around, removed my hat and apron, hung them on a hood, and turning back to face him stated "Hi, I'm Jeff, I am the manager tonight."

5.

Text - I heard cackles of laughter from the other employees in the back, who had been listening to all of it. "I am calling tomorrow for the store manager, and you will all be fired" he stated, as he stormed out. "His name is Shaun. Have a good night" I shouted after him, “he should be here by 7." He turned around at the door, "you just lost a very valuable customer, this is the last time I am coming here. "Thank god for that!" I said as he stepped out, turning around to flip me off on his way o

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment