Sunday, November 8, 2020

Worker Deploys Petty Revenge on Elevator Rule Stickler


Most of us would agree that safety rules are important to follow. But when rules are enforced not on their utility but on the satisfactions of the people getting to abuse them, that's where people get petty. For another story of pettiness, here's a coworker who complained too much about free pizza and encouraged a petty feast.

1.

Text - O r/pettyrevenge · Posted by u/-BigBadBeef- 11 hours ago O 2 e2 S 6 E 8 2 Petty revenge against petty shipyard security I work in a shipyard. COVID has seen to some pretty harsh measures which I actually endorse, since the shipyard attracts workers from all over the world. One of these measures lists the maximum amount of people that can occupy the elevator at once. Only 3 can use the elevator at any given time, but only one if you transport materials alongside.

2.

Text - Cue the petty fireman. We (me and my coworkers) were going up the elevator. We had a metal bar with us, that does technically constitute as material transport but that bar is barely 40mm in diameter and 1.5m long. Not a problem for creating a covid risk situation. As soon as we reach our floor of choice, a fireman was standing outside and gave us a write up for violating covid safety measures. That basically means that our next offense will result in a temporary ban from the yard.

3.

Text - I was very angry, and I go into full blown petty revenge mode. I grab a size 20 long bolt and carry it with me for the rest of the work, waiting for an opportunity to stick it to the fireman. Just as my shift has ended, and wait for my elevator, the very same fireman queues up behind me. The elevator opens, I enter, the fireman tries to follow. A grin comes into me face as I stop him and show him the bolt. He looks like an idiot as I tell him: "Material transport! YOUR rules! Now get out

4.

Text - EDIT: I can understand why it might be confusing for someone who endorses the rules to take revenge on someone else for enforcing them. The problem is that those rules are lossely written and open to interpretation that can be used as a hammer for disrespectful, grumpy security to abuse and beat down on unsuspecting workers as a means of venting their frustrations.

5.

Text - I endorse the rules because they provide work viral security to which is otherwise a germ spreading environment. I feel no remorse, and would even shove that bolt right up his a*** and tighten it with a wrench if it hadn't gotten me into jail.

Submitted by:

Tagged: rules , elevator , petty , lol , silly , story , dumb , funny

No comments:

Post a Comment