Thursday, November 19, 2020

"That's It, I'm Never Helping Anyone Again" Moments People Had


It's not like anyone does anyone a favor just so they can get something in return, but holy crap, maybe a thanks or at least some acknowledgement of appreciation would be nice? Sometimes it just so happens you try to do the right thing and you get burned. It makes it real hard to want to do anything for other people. At the end of the day all you can do is hope whoever you were trying to help was just an entitled person making laughable demands. For some more amazing rudeness, here are some rude and annoying things done by houseguests.

1.

Text - badass_panda 36.1k points · 22 hours ago 5 6 3 & 8 More Had a friend years ago who was a bit self centered & prone to stretching the truth, but he was a nice enough guy with a rough backstory and my friend group liked him, so I cut him a lot of slack. I like to host and I have friends staying over pretty regularly -- back then, I usually had one or two people spending the night on any given day. Anyhow, over the span of a couple of years this guy starts abusing that -- staying over for da

2.

Text - Bigfatsmelly 32.8k points · 22 hours ago 3 55 33 E 3 When a "good" friend of mine that I worked under had cancer and wasn't able to pay some bills I loaned her $200 just to help. I was only 18 at the time and felt bad because she had kids, it was right around the holidays and was I just wanted to help however I could and be a good person in life. She promised to pay me back when she could. Turns out she lied about having cancer, was stealing from the company I worked at, scammed my other

3.

Text - FireandIceT 28.5k points · 21 hours ago E 2 3 e 3 & 2 More Had a newish neighbor ask if he could borrow our lawn mower...sure. Well more or less every week he would come and get it out of our garage, use it to cut his grass, put it away without cleaning it or adding gas. In the fall we "mentioned" it was a good time to get deals on a new mower. He never talked to us again.

4.

Text - mynameissarah 24.9k points · 22 hours ago 3 3 7 I'm a teacher. A parent of a former student contacted me in an emergency situation, couldn't afford to pay bills, and needed help. She was super helpful to me in my first year teaching, so I asked friends and family to help out and raised her about $2,000. Never again. She has contacted me every few weeks since then, always with a new reason why she needs more money (and when I offer food and clothing resources, she refuses it). It has place

5.

Text - ScammerC 24.2k points · 22 hours ago O 4 O 2 & 14 More My mother and her new husband had moved into a new place and invited all the "kids" over for Christmas. In previous years we would buy a whole turkey dinner from somewhere so no one (me) had to cook, so imagine my surprise when my husband and I walk in, my mother walks out of the kitchen, hands me a spoon and says, "Good, you're finally here", and goes to sit down in the living room. After a quick and awkward conversation, it was dete

6.

Text - So I did, and not knowing the family dynamics, my new step siblings were very thankful and appreciative of all my efforts, which caused a meltdown from my mother about how we all should be thanking HER. That was the first time I used a phrase that has come in handy for these situations, "I'm so sorry, it will never happen again. And it never did. They weren't happy when they finally realized what that meant.

7.

Text - iBelieveInSpace 21.8k points · 1 day ago a When I had a truck during college. EVERYONE suddenly wanted me to help move them. Most were cool and gave me money or ordered pizza (unprompted btw). One time however some dude I barely knew needed some help. I show up, and nothing is packed in his apartment. He had a giant fish tank and lived on the 3rd floor with no elevator. It was a fucking nightmare and I never got a dime nor food or even some beers. I never talked to him after that.

8.

Text - throwaway901284241 2.3k points · 22 hours ago - edited 18 hours ago Last 2 times I've helped push someone out of mud/snow in the winter they've slammed the gas pedal down, coated me in mud, and as soon as they were free of the mud just kept driving without so much as a thank you. I've stopped helping people stuck in the mud/snow.

9.

Text - KairiZero 15.8k points · 1 day ago 2 2 S After working free of charge as a freelance graphics guy to build my portfolio up, and having a client basically make the most minor of adjustments, and constant revisions - four posters which should have taken me a day tops really....ended up taking 3 months. And when they wanted poster x4, I wanted money - ghosted. Lesson. Learnt.

10.

Text - hideout78 14.0k points - 23 hours ago We were asleep one night with window open. We wake up bc there is a couple walking down the road arguing. The girl is closer than the guy. Next thing we know the girl is banging on door begging to come in. We call police. They get there and couple gone. They tell us that's a common ruse being used in area to get you to open door so they can rob you.

11.

Text - red_eye_rob 12.5k points · 22 hours ago · edited 2 hours ago We have helped out my sister n law a few times with money/bills. Never a lot, $50 here, $100 there. Usually for some bill to avoid services being cut off. I'm usually the more heartfelt one in my marriage, but I ended up being the one to put my foot down. Went over to her apartment once. She had two big flat screen TVs, new couch, new fridge, kids on PlayStation or whatever console she got them. It was all Rent-a-Center stuff, b

12.

Text - I_Liked_WaterWorld 8.7k points · 23 hours ago S Somebody put one one of those "free items" sites on Facebook that she needed an outdoor playscape thing for her kids who were going crazy during quarantine. My kids are now older, but we had this cool plastic Little Tykes "fort" that was in great shape (those things are beasts). It had a slide and a little play area. Perfect for the age her kids were. I drive a pickup so even offered to deliver it. She went full r/choosingbeggars on me and s

13.

Text - Kooky-Management-785 5.9k points · 22 hours ago 2 When I rushed to another state about 2,000 miles away to help my sister because of a medical issue, and for whatever reason she decided to have her neighbor help her instead, without letting me know. It was 3 months ago and she is fine but still has not contacted me. That was the end for me

14.

Text - LifeIsSweetSoAmI 5.6k points · 21 hours ago A 2 Was donating baby/toddler clothes to a mom in need through one of those Facebook donating pages. She didn't have a car, I did so I drove 30 minutes away to 32 E 2 deliver the stuff all for free. Got in a bad accident less than 5 blocks from her house. So I texted her to see if she could come get what she was able to because my car was totaled. She wouldn't walk the 4 blocks then reported me to the group and got me kicked out for "not followi

15.

Text - StealIris 3.6k points · 21 hours ago Two stories 1. I offered a homeless guy a banana and he straight said "I don't eat that shit" 2. I offered a different homeless guy a banana and his eye lit up and he immediately blurted out, unable to contain himself, "Fuck yeah! I love bananas!"

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment