Thursday, November 19, 2020

Co-Worker Scams Free Lunches Out Of People, Gets Called Out


Mooches are the worst. They plead and they whine and they often try to take advantage of other people's kindness. Then when they get caught up in their cheap little scams they cry out from their pity trains, and try to make the people that originally helped them out, to be the ones that are in the wrong. It's ridiculous, and a poor reflection of humanity. This particular choosing beggar co-worker got called out, and honestly it seems like it was a long time coming. 

1.

Text - 12 5 e 6 S 15 5 AITA for refusing to buy a coworker lunch Not the A-hole | (23M) have a coworker (25M) who is a mooch. If you get something for lunch, he wants you to get him something too, but expects you to buy it for him because since you mentioned it, he says you offered. At first I thought maybe he had money problem, but then overheard him laughing and bragging to someone in another department about how he was able to scam lunches out of his coworkers, and he's attempted to bully a f

2.

Text - So yesterday my girlfriend and I had lunch together. He overheard me confirming before I left and asked what I was bringing him and I said nothing. He said I brought it up, and I corrected him. No, I was confirming we were still good and he was eavesdropping on my conversation. He started complaining so I had if he gave me money for his food l'd bring him something but I wasn't going to buy him food. He started complaining about it again and I got irritated and said no money no food, and

3.

Text - When I got back my boss said my coworker complained I was being hostile. I told him what happened and how he's constantly trying to weasel free food out of people, even some of the people he knows are struggling. So my boss asked around and several others collaborated what I said. My coworker got dragged into the office and now he's pissed that I "narc'd" and how he was just kidding. Most of the office thinks he got what he deserved but a few think it wasn't worth getting him in trouble o

4.

Text - TimeandEntropy • 23h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [32] NTA People that are "just kidding" don't complain about hostility to the boss. He's just pissed his con stopped working so no, I wouldn't worry what he thinks. It's absolutely worth getting him in trouble over when he's trying to get you in trouble. Protecting yourself from the scammer isn't an AH thing to do at all. Q Reply 1 2.7k 3 ...

5.

Text - LizardManelli • 23h • Asshole Enthusiast [5] a 3 4 Awards Definitely NTA. He got what was long overdue. It's not like you went out of your way to narc on him - HE is the one who narced on himself by whining to your boss about you. Had he not brought up the issue and forced you defend your actions (what did he think was going to happen? That you were just going to roll over and let your boss bollock you for no reason?!), none of this would have happened. Good on you for standing up for you

6.

Text - _Julanna • 23h NTA. You didn't narc...he did. So if I understand correctly, some of your office thinks that it's fine for him to try to get you in trouble, but not fine for you to defend yourself with the truth. Guess you know who to avoid going forward. # Q Reply 3.9k ...

7.

Text - besupergood • 23h • Partassipant [3] NTA- He literally complained to the boss because you wouldn't buy him food, trying to get you in trouble. So you explained the truth to the boss. Not sure what he thought was gonna happen there. Reply 610 3 ...

8.

Text - emmany63 • 23h • Partassipant [1] 1 Award NTA. Moving forward, you'll want to take a step back and continue being the professional here rather than engaging with him. As Mark Twain said, "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." So the next time he tries to engage with you and your coworkers on this topic, simply remark, "I'm sorry you feel that way." He's a manipulative mooch, so don't give him room to maneuver, and don't give him r

9.

Text - [deleted] • 23h 100% NTA. He lost the ability to play the "I was just kidding" card after he A.) openly bragged about scamming his coworkers and B.) forced your hand by getting your boss involved. Q Reply 341 ...

10.

Text - Dauntless-One • 23h • Partassipant [3] NTA. But YWBTA if you ever buy him a free lunch again. Honestly, you and everyone else he's taken advantage of should start asking HIM to bring them food whenever he's having lunch if he persists with this and doesn't stop. Then, when he says no/gets defensive, just tell him "well I bought you food and you never paid me, so protocol is that you have to buy me lunch - so where's my food?" Reply 1 257 3 ...

11.

Text - Aggravating_Offer129 · 23h • Partassipant [3] NTA. It doesn't sound like he's actually friends with anyone in your workplace and is just extorting food from everyone. He likely expected you to back off because he chose to complain. But good for you for choosing to stand up for yourself and others! O Q Reply 4 63 ...

12.

Text - kekejaja • 23h NTA, it was he who involved the boss not you. This guy should be embarrassed. Reply 141 3 ...

13.

Text - dricysarcasm • 23h • Asshole Enthusiast [9] NTA. He's the one who started it by trying to get you in trouble for being "hostile" because you told him no. He got what he deserved. OQ Reply 48 3 ...

14.

Text - Sabaroo • 23h NTA. He went and complained first, got it turned on him cos he didn't really think that far ahead. Got what he deserved and well done for not caving. O Reply 15 + ...

15.

Text - aSeaPersonByNight • 23h • Partassipant [2] NTA. He's not entitled to your money, and omg how was he raised?! My mother would straight up squash me like a bug if I had dared to presume to invite myself - for free! - to someone else's lunch! He's learning that actions have consequences. Act like a weasel, be treated like a weasel. Reply 4 31 3 ...

16.

Text - FesteringNoseOlives • 23h • Partassipant [1] NTA "You won't do what I want I'm going to get you in trouble!" "What, you told the truth and now l'm in trouble?! But I was just kidding!" Reply 1 32 ...

17.

Text - Maestro_Primus • 23h • Certified Proctologist [26] NTA The guy was an asshole, then he went to the boss when you refused to be bullied. When the boss did due diligence, the asshole was found. Reply 15 3 ...

18.

Text - Allisonb93 · 23h NTA and what a pathetic individual. Reply ...

19.

Text - BrokeTomcat• 23h NTA - if he keeps this up and making these false accusations of alienation/exclusion then l'd suggest going to the HR department. Reply ...

20.

Text - singer96 • 22h NTA, he is at fault here not u, he was scamming ppl and got caught for it, that's on him not u. You were just clever enough to put your foot down Reply 3 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment