Thursday, November 19, 2020

Funniest Things People Have Seen At Weddings


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the funniest things that people have ever witnessed at weddings. Weddings are a magnet for people acting out in all kinds of hysterical, inappropriate, and entirely unexpected ways. It could be all the nervous energy that pours into the big day, or the fact that you end up bringing together various family members that should otherwise never find themselves in the same room with each other. 

1.

Text - Back2Bach • 1d The bride's long train went out the front doors and part-way down the steps as she awaited the processional to begin. Unknown to her, a little dog from the neighborhood went to sleep on her train and "came along for the ride" as she approached the altar for the ceremony to begin. Q Reply 1 181

2.

Text - markuslinnmanuel • 1d I went to a friend's wedding about 15 years ago. He and his now-wife had been sweethearts since like the 3rd grade or something ridiculous like that, so both families knew each other really well and got along great with each other. The reception was at this nice country club, with a big open courtyard in the back with a pool. The highlight of the evening was near the end of the party, when the mother-of-the-groom was making her rounds to say goodbye. She very explici

3.

Text - cryptic_slays • 1d so I was at this one wedding, and it was my birthday on the same day (the groom was my mom's brother) and they brought a cake for me on stage... a lot of people thought that the couple had a child before they were married (which was a very big taboo at the time) and people (especially ones on the bride's side who didn't know who I was) lashed out, and the groom had to explain that I was his sisters son... Reply 1 89 <

4.

Text - ExtraMediumGonzo • 1d My former boss's wedding was probably one of the best wedding experiences. Ever. I still rank her as one of the best bosses l've ever head, even seven years later. Her second in command--a kind-hearted, if quiet individual--and I were having a drunken heart to heart. Just an all-around lovely conversation. I'll never forget the almost sleeper-cell-activated-type switch of expressions when her favorite song (Girl Crush by Little Big Town) started over the speakers. Sh

5.

Text - retrobread_ • 1d My uncles wedding had a funny inconvenience in it. I was 8 years old at the time and it's the part where the party begins and a random 45 year old looking man walks in all suited up so the DJ stops the music while my uncle gets the microphone and asks "excuse me to the man that just walked in, who are you? Do I know you?" Whilst everyone's silent the man just goes "do you need to?" Turns out he just heard the wedding, went home, got suited up and walked right in. My uncle

6.

Text - Uhhlaneuh • 1d My cousin farted and it was so bad everyone evacuated the dance floor. Reply 52

7.

Text - Phranquelyhnne • 20h The wedding I DJ'd last week had like four flower girls. I think they were all nieces or something, but the last was the youngest. She was maybe three. She was picking up all the petals the others had thrown down and putting them in her basket. She wouldn't walk down the aisle, she was doing that little kid "I'm Cleaning!" slow one at a time pick up stuff. I was dying. Someone eventually picked her up and carried her to the altar. Reply 1 10 3 ...

8.

Text - Hoorayforkate128 • 1d I was at a co worker's wedding and was literally the only single person there. She still tried to do a bouquet toss. I asked her to just hand me the stupid thing. Reply ...

9.

Text - GrimbleNimp • 22h The wedding planner. He was present for the entire day of the wedding and every time I saw him he was getting himself into some sort of mess. Bumping into people, spilling drinks, knocking things over, repeatedly getting names wrong. At one point, while using his phone to take a picture of the reception room from the patio outside, he walked backwards straight off of a low ledge and fell butt-first into a flowerbed. His English wasn't perfect and his accent was hard to p

10.

Text - This_old_username • 20h Not me but after I gave a best man's speech at a wedding one of the bridesmaids congratulated me on the speech. I gave some, "Oh, I'm sure it was ok" humble bullshit and she was like, "No, you have no idea. When his brother gave he speech at our wedding he started with "when hisName told me he was banging herName, I was like, Whaaaaaaaat?"" Reply 4 3

11.

Text - 2ndbreakfastfan • 23h I saw my elderly Aunt hip check the wedding photographer out of the way to get the photo he'd set up. Reply 4 3 ...

12.

Text - Jexus117 • 18h A child dressed in a giant dinosaur costume Reply ...

13.

Text - Then_Quiet4066 • 1d my brother got a fart gun for his birthday in february. fast forward to december, my moms cousin was getting married. she made it clear that if my brother tooted his fart gun, she would never talk to us agin. so, the day before, my mom hid it in the trash. my brother found it. at the reception, the bride was taking so long to take her pics, so my brother entertained us with his fart gun. luckily the groom was good natured, so we still talk to them and their beautiful l

14.

Text - ValuableMine9• 22h 1. My little cousin decided the speeches were too long and boring, so he stole the microphone and started telling knock knock jokes. He has never lived it down. 2. The groom lived in England since he was really young, none of his friends believed he was Scottish until they were at the wedding in a Scottish castle wearing kilts. Best man said that true scotsman shouldn't wear anything under their kilts. The whole wedding got to watch him chase the groom around the garden

15.

Text - LadyLovesRoses • 20h The bride and groom dressed in full Renaissance Faire garments - the groom even had a sword. The wedding was at the Venetian hotel in Las Vegas. They held their "reception" in their hotel room. They sent someone out for beer - and that's when my husband and I bailed out. The groom was someone my husband worked with. Reply 2 3 ...

16.

Text - XXDEATHGR1PXX • 21h I've only been to one wedding, my aunt and cousins bf dressed up like Carole Baskin, and the tiger king, thats about all I have to say. Reply 1 Vote ...

17.

Text - SacksonvilleShaguar • 16h Went to my uncles wedding when i was a kid. My cousin had so much gel in his hair, it was like a ken doll. And the best man, other uncle, bepper went off during the vows. Every one cracked up laughing. Reply 1 Vote ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment