Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Tumblr Story: Kids Go Full Chaotic Good To Help Barista


Every now and again the wonderful beings of the Tumblr world deliver a quick, impactful, wholesome story that hits us right in the feels-plex. In this case, we hear about a barista who worked in a rough part of town, but ended up being helped out by some kids that went full "chaotic good" mode. Seriously, picking a lock to help take the trash out is about as chaotic good as it comes. 

For another Tumblr thread about the world of coffee serving, check out this thread about customers' mythically powerful coffee orders.

1.

Text - undercover-underdog For those of you who don't know, I work at an anarchist co-op coffee shop. Apparently, all the Chicano/Cholo boys in my neighborhood have caught on the the fact that I sneak food and stuff to all the little punk kids and homeless kids at the coffee shop. There are three in particular who call me Mom. Not Mami, not Ma, Mom. The rest refer to me as "Miss".

2.

Text - They've decided to always have one of the three of them there with me on my night shifts. (Especially after they witnessed the last bad shift where I had to kick a bunch of tweakers out. Said tweakers lit my fucking bulletin board on fire.) Tonight, one of the boys actually charged up a crackhead who wouldn't get out when I told him to leave. About an hour later, I was emptying bus tubs when that same lovely boy walked in and wetted a wash rag. I asked what he was doing and he told me not

3.

Text - I'd left a broom in the smoking room and a fresh trash bag in the bathroom for once I was done with the dishes. When I walked out, everything was spotless and the trash had been replaced. He'd wiped all my tables, swept, mopped, and emptied all the ash trays. He'd also picked the lock on the bathroom so his friend could take out the trash for me. (Which I'm not sure whether I should scold him for. Haha)

4.

Text - They snuck around and did my closing shift duties to thank me for keeping them warm and fed. I'm fucking crying. spaffy-jimble Kindness begets kindness. orc-lady-unabi Picking a lock so you can take out trash for someone who's nice to you is the most chaotic good thing i've ever heard. <3

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment