Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Student Exploits Every Loophole In School Dress Code


Sometimes school staff doesn't exactly have a consistent policy, like the time staff made a student patiently wait to report a fire. After some absolute BS rule nitpicking by the staff, this person decided to read up on the rules and dress with extreme panache. Sometimes students get the best of their teachers, like this student who made a mockery of a robotics competition with a dry ice loophole.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/TandyAngie 12 hours ago 2 A W 2 6 4 384 O 8 4 & Nitpick the dress code? I can do that too. oC L Our junior high dress code was a pain. Most teachers didn't care so long as kids weren't distracting. The principal of the junior high, however, insisted on enforcing every single rule. A friend of mine wore a long sleeve shirt under a tank top. The principal insisted she couldn't wear the tank top because tank tops were against the dress code. But she couldn

2.

Text - I decided this wouldn't stand. I studied every rule in the dress code to prove how stupid it was. I started off small and worked my way up. No open toed sandals. - This one was easy. I wore open toed high heels. Nothing in the rules against high heels, and the open toed rule only applied to sandals the way it was written. Shirts must be tucked in to pants. Belts must be worn through belt loops. - Knocked out two here by wearing a skirt. Skirts, or at least the one I wore, had no belt loop

3.

Text - Backpacks must be plain colored with no pins/excessive accessories. - I picked up a briefcase from a resale shop and slapped it with every sticker I could find. Any random logo or inspirational sticker I had laying around got slapped on it. Technically, a briefcase isn't a backpack. No costumes allowed. (I verified this, my school considered a costume to be anything only worn for a certain period of time or for a certain reason. If you wore it all day, it was an outfit, not a costume.) -

4.

Text - No crazy hairstyles. - Kept my hair natural colors, and kept the styles as something that was at least popular at one point. Beehive took forever but was the most satisfying. Bonus points if I could find pictures of adults who were still wearing their hair like that currently. Shirts are not allowed to have logos or print, only patterns and consistent designs. - Consistent designs was my loophole here. No print, fine, but consistent print made specifically to look like a design? At this p

5.

Text - Gym shorts must teach students knees or as long as their fingertips. - Guess who's finger tips reach about three below her butt? Me! I went from wearing a shirt that said bite me all over it, to an outfit that included short shorts. But my shorts were still longer than my fingers. I even offered to change back into my other clothes. At this point in the year, we were almost done with school. Other kids were following my lead, and we were driving the principal mad. I decided to kick it up

6.

Text - No tank tops. - I wore a dress with spaghetti straps. It wasn't a shirt, so I wasn't breaking a rule. Belts must be plain with no dangerous materials. - Plain it must be, so plain I went. I wore a shoe string as a belt. I wore a braided yarn string as a belt. I even wore a spandex band sewn to my pants as a belt. No crocs. - Crocs are not the only rubber shoe my friends. I found every off brand croc I could get a hold of. Finally, at the end of the year, I wore one of my most outrageous o

7.

Text - Kids paused to see what would happen. I waited to see what she would say. We'd had this conversation all year. She would point out the rule I 'broke' and I would prove how I didn't. She sighed. Principal- Fine, but if even one teacher says you're distracting to the class, you change clothes. We shook on it. Only thing I had to ditch was most of the bangles. They kept clanging while I wrote. In the end, I ended up getting the dress code rewritten and amended and the principal implemented a

Submitted by:

Tagged: school , loophole , lol , clothes , dress , funny

No comments:

Post a Comment