Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Karen Threatens Employee With Write-Up, Gets Lesson In Management


Sometimes the manager needs to receive a harsh lesson on proper management. In this case, Karen was way out of line when it came to the reasoning behind writing an employee up. Literally, the employee did exactly what any helpful human being would do when faced with a scenario where the office runs out of paper--they got more paper! But no, Karen insisted on staging a whole meltdown. Fortunately, someone else was around and ready to give Karen the management education she sorely needed. 

1.

Text - r/TalesFromTheFrontDesk u/Ancient_Ice • 1y + Join Front Desk Manager Threatens me with a write-up, and she gets a lesson in management. Long Backstory: I was working as a night auditor at the front desk, now for those that don't know the night auditor is like an accounting job we balance all the paperwork before accounting gets it. We balance every department Restaurant, Bar, Dance Club, conference center, etc. So, our job was critical to be done correctly every night. Vivian was a women-

2.

Text - chewed out by corporate, you better believe she would make sure the storm would roll downhill and hit you 10 X harder. I never had an issue with Vivian because well, I did my job, which made her job a lot less stressful. I caught several mistakes; I was to document the mistakes so management could speak to the person to make sure they knew the proper procedure. This place loved printing EVERYTHING out we would go through at least a ream of paper (500 sheets) per night. When I completed an

3.

Text - Sue – Co-worker evening shift Vivian – Head Accountant Ме- ОP | On to the story: One day I am about to go home, and I noticed we only had one ream of paper left, so I left my Karen a note explaining we needed paper to do an audit that night. I come in and look around there is no paper. I ask Sue, "Where the paper is that I asked Karen for," Sue responds, "Karen said we had enough and didn't need to get any." I was like WTF; I look at the printer tray it has maybe 30 sheets in it. Of cours

4.

Text - The next night Karen is there steaming mad demanding to know "What was I thinking and how dare I go get paper. I do not have the authority to buy anything." I told Karen, "I left you a note saying we didn't have enough paper, you didn't get any, so I had to get the paper to get the audit done." Truly this woman never did the audit and had no clue how much paper we used at night. Karen said, "I am writing you up, and you are going to sign it." To which my reply "No I won't sign it, and you

5.

Text - That night I was pissed so was Randy who worked the audit with me. About 6 AM Vivian comes in, as usual, she was always there between 6-7AM every morning. Now usually both Randy and I are picking on her just giving her a hard time for fun. We loved to have fun with her first thing in the morning because she was not a morning person. Vivian looked at me and asked, "What's wrong? It is written all over your face, something bad happened." I told her everything; I just needed to vent at that

6.

Text - I looked at Randy and asked, "What am I supposed to do, I have a dotted line to her, but Vivian is not our boss." Randy says, "I have no clue we will just have to play this by ear." Aftermath: The next night I walk in, and Karen is there. I truly wanted to avoid her, but Karen looked horrible. To say she got ran over by a freight train a dozen times won't even come close to how bad she looked. With her tail between her legs, Karen apologized for yelling at me and had no right to do so. Wh

7.

Text - Crystal said she saw Vivian go in and she heard Vivian yell at Karen for over 30 minutes that morning. The entire front desk could hear through a closed door and the wall dividing the back from the front area. Crystal couldn't quite make out what was said, but no one went behind that wall the entire time because they were all too terrified. Vivian had to have her reports done by 10 AM and if I would have waited for the first manager to get in, which was Vivian. My audit would not have bee

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment