Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Tattoo Choices That Had People Asking Questions


When a customer comes in slurring and demanding a chest tattoo of Mario and Luigi using the same toilet, any semi-responsible tattoo artist is going to ask them if they're sure about it. Some people here had an artist take pity on them and just said no, while others insisted. Here are some stories of dumb tattoo translations and some straight up strange and troubling tattoos.

1.

Text - PoisonAlii 566 points · 18 hours ago Not a tattoo artist but I am an idiot. I was 19 and super into piercings and tattoos. I'd had both my nipples double pierced, a + one side and a x the other. Decided the finishing touch would be to get the Punisher skull tattooed above the diagonal piercings, skull and crossbones, so cool. Told the guy what I wanted and he flat out said "no way in hell am I doing that shit" I was mad but wanted a tattoo so instead got the skull on my calf. 19yo me was

2.

Text - cklamath 10.7k points · 20 hours ago This isnt my story, but a story I was told at a bar. I was talking to a guy while smoking and he was a tattoo artist. He told me he had a female client who wanted a neck tattoo that said "Fuck ya'll bitches, your man chose me". He said that he delicately, as politely as humanly possible, got her to agree to just the words "He chose me". He said the kicker was telling the woman that the tattoo would be meaningful in different social situations. Such as

3.

Text - CoolHandRK1 6.2k points · 21 hours ago Opposite end of this spectrum. I was 19 and my buddy from the dorms in college decides he wants a tattoo on his stomach of his initials. Think Tupac "Thug Life" tattoo but like gothic lettering initial or something. Sounded stupid to me but whatever, I am not a tattoo guy. But, we go into this tattoo shop that was pretty popular at the beach near us and he tells the guy what he wants and is looking at pricing and fonts etc. But, the tattoo guy starts

4.

Text - ReverendAISharkton 5.9k points · 20 hours ago I was getting work done and the receptionist came in to speak with the artist. She had someone at the front desk looking for a quote on "Barbed wire starting around his wrist and wrapping around his arm all the way up to the shoulder," "How about nothing, because that's stupid and I won't do it." "Oh, uh, okay, I'll tell him." He looked at me and said, "Sometimes you have to be the good taste police. I did a Nike Swoosh once when I was broke a

5.

Text - urbanlulu 3.6k points · 21 hours ago not me, but one of my artists. he said a couple came in and the guy wanted his girlfriends name tattooed on his chest, like in big writing all across the top of his chest. him and the owner of the shop flat out said no. he told me they said no because he found out they had been dating for three months and the font/design he was wanting would've made a hard coverup. so they decided they didn't want to the tattoo since they knew it screamed "coming back

6.

Text - TrashApocalypse 3.6k points · 18 hours ago · edited 15 hours ago 2 This was actually a post tattoo proclamation. Woman came in with her boyfriend wanting his name with a crown over It on her wrist. I tried to talk her out of it but she insisted so, my general policy is to do the tattoo well, maybe with a thinner line weight so it's easier to cover later, but at least it'll be a good tattoo. So, fast forward to after the tattoo, she's all wrapped up, ready to go, and she asks me to look at

7.

Text - victoriamour 3.4k points · 1 day ago Whenever someone between the ages of 18 and 25 comes in, we always give them a quick once-over to make sure they're sober and then ask them if they're 100% sure.

8.

Text - moonbeanie 3.3k points · 21 hours ago I was out on a bike ride one day and an old pickup with a canopy on it drove by. On the canopy was a business logo and the business name was "You Want What Where? Mobile Tattoo Service". I can't even begin to imagine what they've seen.

9.

Text - ipunchcats22 3.1k points · 18 hours ago I witnessed a tattoo artist attempt to talk a guy out of a tattoo while getting one. This guy who was maybe early 30s came in, he was super awkward and had a few other people with him. They where obviously drunk. He explained to the artist he wanted a hello kitty tramp stamp the size of a cd. His friends all laughed and started to record this guy. The artist asked him why and he said his friends thought it was funny. The artist tried to talk him out

10.

Text - meatloafchicken 2.5k points · 15 hours ago The first tattoo I ever got to do in a shop was a cover-up of a woman's name, let's say "Amy", on this guy's chest. The man explained to me that she cheated on him with some guy named "Keith". I lived in a somewhat small town, and the very next day this couple comes in wanting the woman's named tattooed on the guys butt. The guy who owned the shop was gonna let me do this as my second tattoo seeing as he was pleased with the one from the day befo

11.

Text - DKETwitch 2.2k points · 17 hours ago Not an artist but, a friend in college wanted to get "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light." on her back since she loved the poem by Dylan Thomas. Problem was it was too long so she was going to shorten it to "Do not go gentle". I had to convince her that was probably not a great idea.

12. https://ift.tt/2TxcwJx

Text - professorlowcash 2.0k points · 18 hours ago I get to tell this one all the time! Several years ago I tattooed the words "Jeffrey Dahmer" in shitty scratchy writing on a girl's neck for her 18th birthday. She had been coming into the shop a lot with her friends as they got tattooed and talking about it. She had the letters drawn up exactly as she wanted them and everything. The answer was always the same. "No fucking way". When she finally turned 18 she came in with a few friends and asked

13.

Text - Upstairs-Chef 1.5k points · 19 hours ago Definitely the Pillsbury doughboy holding money bags, accompanied with the gentleman's street name which I can no longer remember. Runner up is 'evil bitch' on the girls thighs

14.

Text - Th3C1ph3r3r 1.3k points · 1 day ago · edited 8 hours ago not mine but our tattoo artist's friend, he was indecisive of his first tattoo, so what he did was to take a marker, did some quick scribble on his arm and said "this one", the artist and even his friends went "wtf is wrong with you are you sure" and he indeed was sure. since then, it has become the symbol of his indecisiveness

15.

Text - Rowanrobot 1.1k points · 20 hours ago I know a guy with a "left shark" tramp stamp. It was apparently a meme about a bad backup dancer at Katy Perry's halftime show performance? To me, it just looks like a janky cartoon shark welcoming you into this poor guys ass.

16.

Text - mt995 790 points · 18 hours ago · edited 17 hours ago Back when I was an apprentice, I tattooed matching pieces for a young couple. It was Arabic text, running from the nape of the neck right down the spine to the coccyx. They initially wouldn't tell me what I said, but after I refused to tattoo it without knowing, they told me. Hers said "you are the jelly to my peanut butter" and his said the reverse. They'd been together for two months... I don't do couple/relationship tattoos anymore.

17.

Text - longshot338 771 points · 18 hours ago oh, boy...I was traveling through Germany in my late teens and had a few too many liters of beer, when I stumbled into a tattoo shop demanding a flaming pentagram, held by a demon's hand, with a banner of my name under it. I'd been carrying a sketch for MONTHS...the shop owner asked me,"Bist du dir SEHR sicher?"and I kinda had a moment there...I said...sorta tentatively, yes, and he turned me away immediately..too drunk to consent. saved my life!

18.

Text - BusinessWarthog6 678 points · 21 hours ago Not an artist but when I was getting my first tattoo I was sitting in the waiting area and this girl probably 18-20 was with her mom and they were talking with the artist. The girl wanted some Arabic script on her arm and the artist asked them if they knew what it meant at least 2 times and they said no but insisted on getting it. She did end up getting it.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment