Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Twitter Thread: Student Finds Life Changing Teacher On Twitter


Positive teachers that genuinely care about the well being of their students, as well as cultivating in them a legitimate passion for learning, are some of the most cherished human beings on the planet. As can be expected, a fair number of kids resist the idea of school, hitting the books, and keeping up with all that homework. Put the right teacher in front of them that can get them excited about the whole academic process, and you might actually end up with more stories like this wholesome gem from Raifa Rafiq.

1.

Text - Raifa Rafiq @RaifaRafiq OMFG! Guys. There was literally a teacher at school who I loved so dearly (English teacher - she left when I was in year 10) and I don't even know why but randomly decided to do internet stalkies because l've always wanted to find her and thank her because gosh l love her.

2.

Text - Raifa Rafiq @RaifaRafiq Anyways, successfully found her twitter (didn't know her first name until I remembered a teacher calling her Jenny one day -I searched my memory hard). It's been 10 years and she looks so different and l've only just confirmed it's her because she went to Clares College...

3.

Text - Raifa Rafiq @RaifaRafiq And I was obsessed with Clares College Cambridge because of her. And I don't know why but I got teary seeing her picture and so proud of her she's a head teacher - I want to message her like hey I love you, and you changed the course of my life - but don't want to sound stupid.

4.

Text - Raifa Rafiq @RaifaRafiq Also if she doesn't remember be l'll be mad (LOL - I like to think I made her teaching experience brilliant too). Omg. I'm just going to reach out and dm her. wish me luck

5.

Text - Raifa Rafiq @RaifaRafiq I don't know why I want to cry 6:20 am · 8/9/20 · Twitter for iPhone 6 Retweets 286 Likes Raifa Rafiq @RaifaRafiq · 19h Replying to @RaifaRafiq Gosh l'm so nervous my legs are jelly. So this is what it must feel like to move to a man <]

6.

Text - Jenny Thompson @DTA_JThompson Replying to @RaifaRafiq @RaifaRafiq let me message you first to say I loved you way more than you could ever have loved me - you changed MY life. I am so proud of who you are but it is also no surprise to me - you were born to change the game

7.

Text - Raifa Rafiq @RaifaRafiq Replying to @DTA_JThompson OMG Miss Thompson HI V I've wanted to say so many things to you over the years but all in all, I'm so grateful you were put in my path because I needed you exactly when you arrived and I'm grateful to you, you made me fall in love with learning, expanded my world and my future.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment