Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Employee Pranks Boss, Boss Pulls The Reverse UNO Card


What began as a silly spider prank, evolved into a rollercoaster of unforeseen circumstances. Just picturing a prank backfiring to such an extent that you're literally staring at your boss who looks like he's having a heart attack, is enough to give anyone with a decent head on their shoulders, the fear. As it turns out though, this boss was merely taking the prank to the next level, and pulling the iconic reverse UNO card. Did the boss take it too far, by letting things play out for as long as he did? Maybe so. At least we got this story out of the experience. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + Join u/prankeyprank • 1d TIFU by putting my boss in the hospital M I'm typing this from home as my work unexpectedly received a half-day for my antics. So my boss and I have been having a little prank war. Nothing extravagant nothing harmful: just fun little office pranks to keep spirits up. I work in corporate insurance so most of my day is spent behind a desk and it gets very boring at times.

2.

Text - Well my boss pranked me good last week with the help of an IT guy that sent an email which the font size in the email slowly decreased and then all the sudden a picture of a baboons ass popped up with a farting noise (which my boss made sure the sound was all the way up on my little desk speakers). Scared the crap out of me and made my coworkers laugh. Anyway, I'm thinking I gotta get him back. My buddy works on the same floor but has permission to come in a little earlier as he is in man

3.

Text - I waited until after lunch to spring my trap. I walked into his office "what's up boss Blah Blah blah." Hes sitting at his desk, prime position for a spider drop down. Sol go to tie my shoe and unhook the fishing line that I taped to the leg of his desk. I started lowering the spider. Eventually the spider comes down and touches his nose. He starts freaking out and falls out of his chair clutching his chest gasping for air. I just kinda stood there in shock like "SHIT!" Anyway, paramedics

4.

Text - TIFUPDATE putting my boss in the hospital M So l'll begin where I left off yesterday. original post if you haven't seen it Paramedics loaded my boss onto a wheeled stretcher (or whatever they call them) and put him in the back of an ambulance to go off to the hospital. I seriously thought that he was in big trouble because the paramedics were treating him like he was having a severe heart attack. He looked like he was on the verge of dying as they loaded him up.

5.

Text - Anyway, afterwards my other manager tells us all to go home. It was Labor Day so there weren't that many people working. I go home and am freaking out, nervous as hell until my manager called me and told me my boss was stable but it was close. "Come in tomorrow for work at 10am we need to have a discussion" At this point l'm double freaking out because l'm thinking "shit l'm going to get fired over a stupid ass spider prank." I get into work at about 950 and I make the dreaded trip up to

6.

Text - He takes me to my bosses office. Which I thought he was going to ask what the spider on the fishing line was doing there and then, after I answered, fire me. Door was already open and after I walk in my manager tells me to take a seat and then he closes the door after I step in (he stayed out). I sat down, pretty much sweating out of my clothes and all the sudden, to add insult to injury, my boss sneaks up behind me and yells "THOUGHT I WAS DEAD HUH!!!" Well at that point I basically shit

7.

Text - At this point I'm both relieved, terrified, and just generally shook. And he sits down and tells me how he did it. Apparently the manager (my buddy from last post) that let me in early on Labor Day told him about my entire plan. My boss knew about the spider and pretty much planned around my move The fucker literally let a bunch of workers have a half day to foil my prank and got his EMT buddy to make a quick stop by to "treat his heart attack." I'm never pranking my boss again. On a good

Submitted by:

Tagged: boss , employee , FAIL , prank , tifu , Reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment