Wednesday, September 9, 2020

People's Trippiest Glitch In The Matrix Moments


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about people's most trippy, "glitch in the matrix" moments. Apparently, Neil deGrasse Tyson suggests that there's more than 50/50 odds that we're living in some kind of simulation. Even if that's true, there isn't much of anything to be done about it. This simulation still has its rules. That being said, some of these stories are chilling. Like, the dude who went for the bike ride that never happened, but it actually did. 

1.

Text - nitrOzeus133 • 15h I have this weird thing where l'll be out somewhere, at a mall for example, and I see someone I know, but upon closer inspection it's not the person I was thinking of. It's just someone who looks like them. Then later on during the day l'll actually end up seeing the very person I thought I saw earlier. It's fucking weird and happens all the time. And it's not usually people I see on the regular. Often it's people I haven't seen in years. It sometimes happens with other

2.

Text - 37bagsofdragonass • 20h 適1Award I don't think l've ever actually told anyone this before, but here it goes. About a decade ago I was dating a girl who lived out of town. It was Friday, she got out of classes early, so she was going to come and visit me for the weekend. It was one of the first really warm evenings of Spring so decided that I would have enough time to do a quick bike ride and then clean up before she got to my apartment. The plan was to bike out on this dirt road up in the

3.

Text - The last thing that I remember was turning around at the 45 minute mark and seeing a path that went more or less straight up a mountain into the dense forest. It looked like a game trail. I couldn't bike it so i left the bike beside the road and curiosity got the best of me and i just started walking up the path even though i knew i was on a tight schedule and I didn't have any time to spare. Next thing I know I'm back in front of my apartment. Just laying in the grass staring up at the c

4.

Text - The mind is a funny thing. When presented with a solution to missing memories or any other type of glitch in the matrix, the brain will quickly adapt and suddenly you're like "I guess that makes sense." But something in the back of my mind kept whispering to me that something wasn't quite right. Goosebumps on my arm, but I didn't know why they were there. Through the entirety of the shower and cleaning up I was telling my girlfriend that, yes I went for a bike ride, yes, i guess it wiped

5.

Text - We drove out there and as we came to the game trail suddenly chills all down my body and my mind caught up with my subconscious and asked the question that I was avoiding: WHERE THE HELL IS MY BIKE? Because I saw it. It was where I left it. On the side of the road. How the fuck did I end up back at my place in time for my girlfriend to be there if I walked back when it took me 45 minutes to bike out there (not include time it took to walk up the path)? Why the fuck did I decide to leave m

6.

Text - -AboveAverageJoe • 21h I was home alone one weekend, and decided to make myself scrambled eggs for breakfast. Took a full carton out of the fridge. Grabbed an egg, cracked it. Went to a grab a second egg, only to notice the carton was...full. Again. I stood there and stared at the full carton for a few minutes (expecting one to disappear maybe? Idk), then I just threw them all out. Wasn't gonna fuck around with phantom eggs. There is probably a rational explanation but I know what I saw.

7.

Text - SnooMaps3695 • 18h My friend still to this day after 25 years swears he saw me at the shopping centre we went and had lunch at the food hall. He said I seemed distant. I was 200km away visiting my sister at the time. Reply 231

8.

Text - Labunadium • 21h I feel déjà vu too much. Sometimes something happens, and i remember it from years ago. And it's not once or twice. It happened a lot. Reply 539 ...

9.

Text - valiantAcquaintance • 13h I swear to God there's a glitch that turns socks into Tupperware lids that has yet to be patched. I have like, 30 Tupperware lids and maybe 5 of the actual tubs. Meanwhile I can't find a matching pair of socks for the life of me. Reply 55 ...

10.

Text - PepeTheFRQG• 20h I've told this story a few times, my mum came back from grocery shopping with this huge ass rockmelon, and we planned to eat it that night. Fast forward two hours or so, we open the fridge and the rockmelon's nowhere to be found. We check everywhere but still don't find it. How can something that big go missing?? Reply ↑ 55 ...

11.

Text - notetaking83 • 16h So I borrowed a history book on a very niche topic through an inter library loan program. This was for a senior thesis in 2008 in my final year of college. I underlined certain passages in pencil and made notes, and was too lazy to erase everything before returning the item. Cut to 5 years later, I'm visiting a friend in a large city. I had time to kill, so I walk around the city and happen upon a seemingly random university campus. It's a nice urban campus, and I remin

12.

Text - Avicii_DrWho • 21h Once I couldn't find the tv remote. I gave up and just watched the YouTube vids that were autoplaying. Maybe 30 minutes later it appeared right next to me while I was sitting, too obvious to have been missed. Reply 82 ...

13.

Text - uhthatsdebateable • 18h When I was a kid it was the middle of a weekend, my parents were out on the porch talking to our neighbors, and I was playing on my Xbox 360 I had gotten as a gift in the living room. I went into the kitchen to grab a drink and I walk back in. My Xbox is off, and my parents and sister are inside eating dinner. It was like right after lunch when I went to get a drink. I always wonder where those six hours of my life went. Creeped me out. Reply 65 ...

14.

Text - Rhinocerous-rear-end • 18h I passed the scene of an accident involving a silver suzuki 4x4. About 3 seconds later I drove past another silver suzuki 4x4, looked in the mirror, and saw that the accident was gone and that the SUV was driving casually over the horizon. Reply 1 32 ...

15.

Text - It was a very odd situation, and perhaps the largest "glitch in the matrix" scenario of my life. I went into the locker room of my gym after my workout to change into my regular clothes, get my stuff, and leave. I forgot exactly which locker was mine, but knew the general area it was in, so I decided to just open up each locker (many lockers locked with 3-digit- combination padlock Masterlocks in that section) until I found mine. So, I kept putting in my combination to every new lock, but

16.

Text - Naturally, I started freaking out. My clothes, phone, wallet, and metrocard were in my locker, and I just started walking in circles, thinking what to do. I thought that the devil who stole from me must have picked my lock, got all of the stuff out, and then closed the lock to not arouse suspicion before he went on his merry way. Just as I was about to walk out of the lockeroom, I had a strong urge to try to open the lock on the locker right next to the one I just opened. So, I attempted

17.

Text - That locker was mine, and the lock RIGHT next to mine opened to the SAME, EXACT COMBINATION. The padlock has 40 numbers, and each number of the 3- number combo can be any of those 40. Can you believe how unbelievably small the odds are to have two locks open to the same combination, side-by-side??? Even engraved factory number on the back of the locks were one digit apart! Well, I decided that it would be absolutely amazing to have 2 locks with the same combo, so I relocked the lock that

18.

Text - Welp, it didn't last for long, as the matrix had to rectify itself. A couple of months later, I came to the lockerroom after my workout to change, with the same story: didn't remember which lock was mine, but I would just try my combo out until I found it. I tried ALL of the locks in the locker room multiple times, and none of them opened to my combo. Again, I started freaking out, believing I had been robbed. Welp, I got another strange urge to open an empty locker right before I left th

19.

Text - The catch? The lock that was clipped was the same lock that I took home months prior. EDIT: Here are the pics of the locks with a stamped code differing by 1 digit, and the clipped lock, the note, and the $5 (not $10) surprise I received a couple of months later. Reply 107 ...

20.

Text - creep-in-the-corner • 21h went to get sheets for my bed and there were 2 neatly folded sheets right were i was just sitting. Reply 48 ...

21.

Text - SliceofVie • 21h I don't turn on the lights in my room, I just have natural light or fairy lights but I swear to god sometimes it's just dark, not like blinking but just for a second it is completely dark in the middle of the day before going back to normal Reply 93 ...

22.

Text - blobster110 • 17h I felt like i lived a day 3 times. Everything was the same. But people wore different clothes. But the conversations I had were the exact same. Weird asf. Reply 16 ...

23.

Text - OshikuruDemon • 17h One time, I made myself some brownies. I ate two over the course of a day, and when I went back to the tray the next day it was only missing one. I experience deja vu very consistently, and it can be triggered by the same event happening a second time. I woke up one morning and it was dark outside. I stared at my window for a second and it suddenly became bright, as if someone took the light slider and set it to max. This was accompanied by a strange .. moan? Screech?

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment