Sunday, September 13, 2020

Lessons People Learned Too Late In Life


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the lessons that people learned too late in life. Let's read up on these, and not muddle through life not knowing things that we can learn from others that have already been there. 

1.

Text - nunchucknuts722 • 23h Not everyone is down for you like they say they are Reply 1 6.7k ...

2.

Text - phantom_avenger • 22h You have to take chances sometimes, and although it can be scary and outside your comfort zone you'll never know what could've been unless you go for it. Reply 3.4k ...

3.

Text - ambermage • 20h Never trust your boss or coworkers to not stab you in the back for their benefit. Reply 5.7k

4.

Text - JuracekPark34 • 20h That attention and actual interest are two way different things ETA: Wow. Ok! Had no idea this would be so popular. For those asking for elaboration, I guess I was looking at it more from a relationship/love interest context... there are many men (women too. Just going off my experience) who might give you attention, flirt, etc, but that attention does not actually mean they want to pursue anything. I've had it apply to friendships too, where the person just wants some

5.

Text - evilergarfie • 21h You don't need a million friends. Maybe less than 10, maybe 5, good friends. Put a LOT of effort into those relationships instead of spreading yourself too thin. Reply 1 19.1k ...

6.

Text - thelaughingpear a• 22h Don't kill yourself working at a job that would replace you without a second thought. Reply 20.0k

7.

Text - Paradigmical • 20h Sometimes you just have to let stupid people be stupid. Reply 5.3k ...

8.

Text - LuckyShoe123• 21h I can do it myself. Now that we're in the digital age, I learned how to change my windshield wipers, trim my rabbit's nails, repair screen windows, replace my sub pump, ect. I always felt like I missed out learning hands-on thing because my dad checked out early. N'ah, girl, you can do that shit on your own! Reply 6.5k ...

9.

Text - BJntheRV • 22h That the disappointment of your parents will be far shorter lived than the unhappiness you'll endure by trying to make your life fit their perfect picture. Reply 1 24.7k ...

10.

Text - jakerhamster • 23h People who can frame everything to make themselves the victim are actually pretty toxic and most likely are the actual problem Reply 2.6k ...

11.

Text - Zedfourkay • 23h Some people just won't admit they're wrong. Don't waste time trying to get them to accept it. Wasted too much of mine own time trying to correct people. Reply 1 26.4k ...

12.

Text - Some_Asshole_Said • 22h You can't really help people who don't truly want to help themselves. Unless a person realizes, admits, and is receptive to being helped and helping him/her/itself, you're just wasting your energy and probably adding to your own stress. Reply 19.4k ...

13.

Text - Instar5 • 23h The kind of romantic love I had hoped for was a fantasy in my head and not how most normal relationships work.

14.

Text - -EDGAR- • 23h The importance of dental health. I didn't take care of my teeth in my youth and now that I'm older I very much regret it. Reply 15.7k

15.

Text - cocoabiscuits • 23h people aren't as smart as they think. Reply 24.2k ...

16.

Text - SexualMastery • 23h That I am capable of success. spent so long doubting myself and not doing things because I didn't think I could. Reply 1 30.6k ...

17.

Text - Luwe95 • 23h It is important to talk about your feelings and it is okay to get help if needed Reply 7.6k ...

18.

Text - TheRtHonLaqueesha • 22h If you wait 'til you're ready, you'lIl be waiting forever. Reply 10.3k ...

19.

Text - Viperbunny • 20h It is okay to walk away from toxic family. I am not the monster they paint me as. I can't fix or save them. I can only protect my kids. Reply 2.1k ...

20.

Text - taylornicolaa • 20h It's not selfish to look after yourself and your happiness.

21.

Text - Theodore_Imms • 20h "You don't need to set yourself on fire to keep others warm". Reply 1 701 ...

22.

Text - Thebiginfinity • 21h Don't forsake progress in pursuit of perfection. Reply 141 ...

23.

Text - dnirtyone • 20h Don't be the broken wing mender guy I ended up doing that too many times. You end up attracting crazy instead of stable. Reply 638 ...

24.

Text - MajesticElk900 • 22h Spending a few extra seconds to be kind to someone else. Person checking you out the grocery store? Tell them "thanks I hope you have a good day" or asking "how's your day going". Going through a drive thru? Say please and thank you after ordering. I worked drive thru for years and people are so rude but a little politeness goes a long way. Specially in times of covid. People have bad days and it bleeds into other aspects if their life. Show compassion and you could c

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment