Saturday, September 12, 2020

Guy Tricks Noisy Neighbor into Smashing His Own TV


Having a noisy neighbor who keeps you from sleeping can feel like literal torture. After it kept getting worse, this dude took matters, and aux cords, into his own hands. Here's a similar story of a guy who got cunning revenge on his noisy neighbors.

1.

Text - O r/pettyrevenge · Posted by u/parkesc 1 hour ago Loud Neighbor Gets Silenced When I started my sophomore year in college (over 2 decades ago), the guy who moved into the dorm next to me was just a stereotypical meathead jock who was kind of overweight. And it turns out, he was a shitty neighbor. Two things about these dorm rooms: 1. The walls were rather thin. Not only did I hear every decibel of his loud music and TV, but one night he brought some girl home with him for some fun (the wh

2.

Text - 2. The rooms had drop ceilings, like offices with cubicles built by the lowest bidder. This will come into play later. Anyway, a few days into fall semester that year, I discovered this guy had a habit of blasting his TV at full volume, from 11pm to 1am. Since I had to be up before 7am, 4 times a week, this was not ok by me. Despite my complaints to the ineffectual RA, nothing happened. At first, I decided to counter this by putting a couple large speakers against the bedroom wall and bla

3.

Text - One afternoon I decided to investigate what was above the drop ceiling in my bedroom. After moving a few tiles I saw the coax cables for every dorm on this floor. And they were labeled with the room numbers on little tabs every 4 feet. Jackpot. Also, I'd like to note that I had a part time job at RadioShack at this time (pretty sweet gig for a few reasons) so I finagled a couple tools - a coax cable stripper and crimping tool - and got a couple cable connectors and a female to female adap

4.

Text - Then ..I waited until later that night. Like clockwork, the TV was on at full volume. I stood up on my bed, and SL OWLY unscrewed one of the connectors, just enough to cut off the signal to his room. The sound of loud static became the most satisfying thing I ever heard. It was then followed by "WHAT THE FUCK?!" on the other side of the wall, and then a lot of shouting, swearing, and banging on the innocent TV set. 30 seconds later I screw the connector back in. "BOUT TIME! PIECE Oʻ SHIT!

5.

Text - The shouting and banging continued and I just let it escalate for a couple minutes, to the point where he was just bellowing in impotent rage. He honestly sounded like a humiliated water buffalo that was somehow capable of making vaguely human speech-like vocalizations. He finally gave up and shut the TV off. 11:13pm. I screwed the connector back in and finally got a good night's sleep. FYI, this went on for 4 more days. On the 5th day, which also happened to be trash day (we set our plas

6.

Text - I chuckled, then I stood over the TV and bowed my head in a moment of solemn reflection. Farewell Emerson TV, you had to be sacrificed in the name of sanity, and peace and quiet. Wherever you end up, I hope you'll be in a better place.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment