Sunday, July 19, 2020

Man Requests Day Off For Concert, Boss Fires Him, Man Takes Boss To Court


Oh boy, this sounds like a nasty Karen of a boss indeed. This guy put in a very reasonable request for a day off to attend a Slayer concert, and the request proceeded to set off a chain reaction of highly unanticipated toxicity. Fortunately, the guy was able to pull off a satisfying victory in small claims court. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/Vicodingh • 1d + Join 1 I sued my boss because he fired me for wanting to attend a concert. Good afternoon everybody that stumbled on this post! First up, some backstory, During my gap year between studies I decided to work for Company N. Company N was run by a husband

2.

Text - (Dave) and wife (Karen) with their son and basically treated their staff like a small familiy. All was well for about 2 months, until I realized I had to ask for a day off since I wanted to attend the last Slayer concert the band would give in my country. There was about a month to go, so I sent an Email asking for the day off and explaining why. This is where everything started to go downhill. I got a reply from the Karen and her reply was... weird. She stated thats not how asking for a

3.

Text - The next workday rolls around. I arrived, lock up my bike and headed inside ready for work. I immediately started looking for Dave to ask for answers. Before I could even open my mouth he asked me: "Do you still want to go to that concert?" | didnt expect him to ask this so quickly answered: "Yes". The only thing he said back was: "Okay, take off your vest and you can go home." I was stunned, And while the words started to sink in I looked at my colleagues which were just preparing for op

4.

Text - When I got back home I told my mother what happened. We started sending Emails for extra information and got very karen-like emails back. After a couple emails which went basically nowhere, I looked up the laws for immediate dismissal. After reading up about it I learned that (in my country) somebody can only be immediately fired when: caught stealing, frauding, the person isn't able to do the work or refusal to do the work. I did neither of these.

5.

Text - A day or two later I met with my attorney and began the steps to sue Company N. I told my lawyer what happened in detail and he was very confident I was in my right and she was not. So after trading even more emails between the three of us we went to small claims. I came prepared in a suit with my attorney in tow. And Karen showed up... alone. I guess she assumed she won because she thought she was in her right. The trial began and I was as professional and objective as I could be, Karen

6.

Text - As per usual I had to wait a month before I got the verdict black on white in the mail, but I won! It may have taken about 6 months from the moment I was told to go home to the point those 6 months of pay were transferred to my bank account. But it was 100% worth it! In the end I went to the concert, It was the most awesome and most profitable concert I have ever been too in my life! TL;DR: Got fired without valid reason and sued the company for it. And I won! :D

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment