Sunday, July 19, 2020

Karen asks Grown Man to Mow Her Lawn for $10


Apparently you don't even have to be in a store for a Karen to look down on you. Seems like Karen saw this dude mowing his lawn, decided he was a kid working for a lawn mowing service and went from there. For some more Karen stories, here's one about a Canadian giant humbling a grocery store Karen as well as a Karen customer who got defeated with kindness.

1.

Text - r/IDontWorkHereLady · Posted by u/Alyksandur 6 days ago I'm not a lawn mowing service. XL (First time poster and I usually listen to these on YouTube. I don't have a clue how formatting works. Also, this may not be the perfect sub for this story, but it still has the right kind of vibe.) This one actually happened last year, but it was short enough that I still remember it pretty clearly. I live in a very small town where everybody can more or less recognize everybody else by sight if not

2.

Text - I was out mowing my lawn, headphones on and music up loud enough to hear over the engine. Note that a set of double railroad tracks runs right through the middle of the city. It's not unusual for both streets that cross it to be blocked for a few hours by a parked train (as was the case on the day in question), but there's an overpass less than a quarter mile up the road. I realize after a couple of mowing passes that there's been a Mustang stopped at the stop sign by the house for probab

3.

Text - (I suck with names, so I'm just going to stick with the basics: Me and Her.) Me: Need something? Her: I was wondering, if you're mowing lawns, would you be willing to do mine once a week for ten bucks? (...Not what I was expecting, but hey, I've heard worse offers; I use mowing for both exercise and time to hide in my own thoughts for a while. I decide to at least poke at it a bit.) Me: I'm mowing my lawn, I live here, but maybe. Depends on the yard and how local you are. Her: Oh, I'm jus

4.

Text - (At this point I recognize her car, so I know roughly where she lives. Her lawn is probably two acres and made of hills. I don't need that much exercise or me time.) Me: Sorry, but no. That's... Her: [Interrupting and huffing] What, is ten dollars not enough? Kids these days, honestly. When I was in high school, I would have been happy to earn an extra ten dollars a week! (I'm not a kid. I'm six-foot-three, and while I do look young for my age, I was in my mid-forties at the time. Sure, I

5.

Text - Me: [After looking at her for a moment] ...Pardon me, but how old are you? Her: [Sneering] I don't see what that has to do with anything, but I'm twenty-six. Me: [Sighs and eyerolls] Kid, I was out of high school before your parents ever fucked! (I still kinda feel bad about being the one to initiate cursing, but it definitely got her attention. Yay for precision F-strikes, I guess.) And with that, I put my headphones back on and started the mower while she was just inarticulately sputter

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment