Saturday, June 6, 2020

Jerk Student Has To Redo Entire School Year


Wow, as far as academic revenges go, this one takes the cake. The revenge is brutal, and entirely effective. We love to see it. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/Kevinvl123 · 6d 1 1 Made an asshole redo an entire schoolyear During the final trimester of my last year in highschool, we had to do a group project that needed to be finished by the end of the trimester and was evaluated and graded in front of a jury of teachers, instead of an exam. I was paired with the biggest douchebag in class. Imagine a really entitled, arrogant asshole. Everytime we were supposed to work on the project, he would have some excuse to not show up

2.

Text - the teacher, but she would just say "Make it work, it's your project". After a while, I stopped planning work meetings alltogether. He would call me to ask how the project was going and I would say something like "Yeah, it's going well", "I think it's almost finished" or "I'll send you the presentation to prepare for the jury". Little did he know, I had a trump card in my hand... The project counted for 40% of the final grade. Me, doing well in the class, already got about 55 of the other

3.

Text - After it became clear he was just going to use my work to pass the class and the teacher didn't care, I decided to throw out all work for the project and keep the asshole in the dark. That last bit went a lot easier than I expected, as he was happy with me telling him that everything was on track. In the last week before the jury presentation, things became harder. The asshole wanted me to send the presentation, so he knew which part he had to present. I managed to stall a few days with e

4.

Text - Text - finally sent him an email with the powerpoint, which was actually an mp3 file with a changed file extention. The next day, I switched of my phone. In the evening, I called him back with the excuse my phone had issues and he was panicking that there was something wrong with the powerpoint. I told him not to worry, I will check it out tonight and have a working powerpoint for tomorrow. I would come to the school at 8AM, so he could practice his part of the presentation before the jur

5.

Text - Text - The next morning, I arrived at school a little before 9AM, having switched off my phone again. When he saw me, he approached me with a mix of panic and anger, but before I could explain anything, we were called into the room with the jury for our presentation. I just told the asshole to not worry and let me do the talking. We greeted the jury and I started the introduction: "The original idea of today was for us to present our project xyz. But, since I already have enough points to

6.

Text - Text - I just walked out on 4 confused teachers and 1 asshole with a mouth opened so wide, it looked like he was trying to eat a club sandwich vertically. Naturally, there was some backlash in the days after that. Teacher called for an explanation, but in the end recognized I was a good student and I indeed already passed the class without the project. Asshole was angry that he had to study over the summer for a re-exam. All in all, I was happy to have graduated and looked forward to goin

7.

Text - Text - failed his re-exam and that that, combined with other bad grades, caused him to have to redo his last year. Karma is a bitch. Edit: I see some comments about the teacher, so I think I'm misrepresenting her here. I didn't have the feeling she was a bad teacher, I think she just wanted to give us the chance to work out this problem ourselves. Experience is the best teacher after all. I'm also assuming she thought we worked something out after I stopped complaining when I had my plan.

8.

Text - Edit2: To resolve confusion about the grading system. This was in Belgium in my 6th and last year of "middelbaar", where your typically 17-18 years old. The school works with subjects (I misused the word "class" for "subject") like math, economics, english, etc... in this case, the subject was mechanics. Each subjects needs to be passed with 50% or more for you to pass your year. If you get a 45-50% on a lesser subject, but passed all others with good grades, the teacher could allow you t

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment