Sunday, May 31, 2020

AskReddit Thread: Clearest Signs The Universe Gave People


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the times that people asked for signs from the universe, and then received what seemed to be startlingly clear signs. Sometimes we find ourselves at various points in life, facing a crossroad, completely unsure of where to turn to next, and boom, some unexplainable sense of clarity, direction seems to shine through that muddled state of chaos. It can be awesome, and quite humbling. 

1.

Text - When my mom died, I was pretty destroyed. We were very close. I was feeling like I couldn't understand how to live in the world without her. One day I was driving home from work, depressed as hell, and I started thinking how much l'd love it if I could get a sign from her - surprising myself a bit, as l'm not at all religious, and am highly skeptical about things like signs from the universe. But I missed her so much that I mentally asked the universe for a sign. She really loved birds, s

2.

Text - And it hit me, that I had asked my mom / the universe for a sign, thinking maybe a drab little sparrow or a pigeon - and what I got was a bird that was ridiculously over the top, and it was exactly the kind of joke my mom would have loved. I'm still skeptical and not religious and don't believe in fairies and shit, but... that was weird, and also great.

3.

Text - 3 Awards My wife and I had been considering getting a second cat for some time without reaching any conclusion. Then, as I was walking back to the apartment one evening, a young feline popped up out of the drainage beside the sidewalk. Basically, he just looked at me and said, Let's cut to the chase. I'll be moving in with you now. You need a cat. I am a very cute, completely adorable kitten. The only problem I see here is that you might not be smart enough to recognize this opportunity.

4.

Text - Soggy-Job • 9h 3 1 Award I really don't like my job, and l've been daydreaming about what I could do. I just needed a place to be able to do it. The next day get offered to house sit for a couple years in this big Japanese house that has a storefront in the front. There's a perfect space to do what I would want to do. I would live rent free and be ple to save up to buy my own business visa here. I wouldn't need to work in this job any more. :>

5.

Text - 8Gly8 • 10h A 3 2 Awards I was in the depths of despair, I had lost my great job, had to travel 2hrs everyday with heavy tools each way to a temporary job I was doing. Sitting on the bus, thinking my world was over and it all kind of got to me all at once and I began to tear up, not wanting to ball my eyes out in public I held it in. So I asked for something anything that could show me that life wasn't worthless. A lady I didn't see must have how bad I was or maybe it was just coincidence

6.

Text - beth0210 • 7h 4 Awards Recently, all within the space of 2 weeks, I lost my job, my house, my (now ex) cheated on me and I'm across the other side of the world from my family. I had never been at rock bottom before but I was certain this was it - so I begged the universe to help me get out of this somehow. Yesterday I finally closed the chapter with my ex, completely got rid of his stuff and put it behind me. I also sent a message to all my friends and family back home telling them how mu

7.

Text - adorabletortuga • 9h I was walking. What would have been a 4 hour drive... And I was walking. I straight up begged for a car to stop and pick me up and literally seconds later a woman stopped who was traveling all the way to where I was heading. Same town. 4 hours away. What are those odds?

8.

Text - UninvitedVampire • 9h 2 Awards This wasn't really asking for a "sign," but I was going through a lot and in a really shitty and dark place, like the kind of place I honestly wasn't sure l'd survive. I was teetering on the edge of despair and genuinely going down the path towards doing something insanely drastic. I basically just asked the universe for help one day while in the middle of another crying episode and I had this strange, sunny feeling kind of leak into the darkness I was harbo

9.

Text - hiddencountry • 8h 3 3 Awards All my life, whenever I went to the beach I had wanted to find an intact sand dollar. I had found lots of pieces, but never a whole one. When I was in my mid 30s, I went with a group of friends to the coast. I was walking alone along the beach in the moonlight close to midnight. I was feeling very sorry for myself in the dark, and really lonely, even though I was with my friends that weekend. I had just started thinking the thought, "Wouldn't it be a great si

10.

Text - imafrigginidiot• 9h 1 Award I got home from my best friends funeral... The whole time sitting in the funeral home asking him or god for a sign. When I got home I turned on the T.V. and his favourite song was playing on much music.

11.

Text - grassisblue22 11h I had gotten a job at a retail store and went in for the orientation and to do training. The vibe was kind of off in the store but I ignored it. I got to the back where the computers were but couldn't shake the feeling of being uncomfortable. In my head I said, "alright universe. If I'm not meant to work here, show me some kind of sign. Make them send me home for the day or something." About an hour later, a huge storm rolled in and shut off the power in the store. The m

12.

Text - wigglewalker • 7h I'm not superstitious at all, but my uncle is. When my Nan passed he went to see a fortune teller who told him that anytime our family sees white feathers around, that's Nans way of showing us that she's there. I thought it was a load of bullshit and forgot about it. A few years later I was at a music festival. Everything was coated in dirt and dust being churned up by thousands of people's feet. Even the air was so thick with dust it was making it hard to see and breath

13.

Text - sweet_savage_42 • 10h 1 Award Lottery tickets. I was always curious about lottery tickets but never wanted to indulge in it. One day in a grocery store, I told the universe, "I am going to buy a lotto ticket now (not the grand bumper ones, just a simple scratch one) for the first time in life. If I win a prize, l'll take it as a sign from you and never buy it again." I bought a ticket for $3, scratched it and won $500. I smiled and donated $250 of the amount. Enjoyed some good food multip

14.

Text - Wha_sup1227 • 10h 3 1 Award Had to choose between McDs and Taco Bell. I flipped a coin and chose McDs. Friend got TB and had food poisoning.

15.

Text - RIPEOTCDXVI • 10h O 2 Awards My (then) girlfriend was having a really awful week. I felt terrible for her, which made me realize how serious our relationship was because empathy is... not a strong suit of mine. She wanted to take a trip to the Grand Tetons to clear her head. She wanted to see a moose on this trip, but it was August so relatively unlikely since they tend to move to higher elevations that time of year... I had never seen a moose in the wild. Before we left, i thought "if we

16.

Text - shadybuddha_• 11h 4 Awards I had asked the universe for a sign of good and friendly people really existing out in this world. I know, it's kinda stupid but I have struggled with making friends that weren't toxic, and I felt like I just wasn't destined to have great friends. About two days after I had asked for a sign, went to my local park to do my daily routine of sitting down, smoking my cigarettes and reading and for some strange reason, a pair of strangers came up to me and introduced

17.

Text - theLocalPimp • 11h Coming out for the very first time, I was really (unnecessarily) nervous, it was to a good friend of mine and I saw him walking around with rainbow socks, then I knew I would be fine, so after 5 minutes of akward stumbling I said that I'm bi and he just replied with a smooth "oh me too lol"

18.

Text - yetigirl00 • 8h I was looking up at the night sky and said "Dad show me a shooting star" and one shot across the sky. He had passed a few years earlier, and it was purely coincidental but I really needed it at the time.

19.

Text - Status_Button • 8h So a pretty materialistic one but okay: Huge Borderlands fan. Wanted Borderlands 3 so bad but had to wait for it to go to Steam, still expensive as hell. Was discussing with my mate and literally said... I need the universe to give me a sign to treat myself. Ten minutes later got the email that the game is 50% off.

20.

Text - angelofchaos9800 • 8h I was feeling depressed and lonely after a rough break up on top of problems at home. I just asked the universe if there was anyone out there who could actually love a messed up person like me. A few days later, I met my now fiancĂ© because he wanted to know what I was sketching. We now live together and are still as dorky as the day we met.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment