Monday, April 6, 2020

Things That Really Make People Cringe


Cringe to oblivion and beyond. Yes, people are sharing those things that just really make them cringe, in a recent AskReddit thread. Things like telling your "friends" that you have an imaginary significant other, or being an obnoxious flirt that has no sense of people's boundaries, are just the kinds of cringey things that fill up this unsettling thread. 

1.

Text - hairnetcouture • 15h My brother in law. The way he tries to flirt with anything with a pair of boobs and is 2 decades younger than he is.- mostly female servers at restaurants. He treats male servers like shit. He tries to touch their hair or their shoulders without permission and makes the lamest jokes that no one ever laughs at except for him. The man hasn't shaved in years and from the smell of it probably doesn't bathe as often as he should either. He smells like dog and burritos. I m

2.

Text - FrankyStankbone • 19h 3 2 Awards Extreme self delusion. Usually it's funny enough to make up for it, but sometimes it's just so sad to see somebody who can't accept reality

3.

Text - greatplains35 • 18h F2 Awards When I remember my high school interactions in general.

4.

Text - weirdirishpotato • 15h When people make a joke but nobody laughs and it's just quiet

5.

Text - Rabidwalnut • 16h S 3 Awards Self diagnosed psychopaths

6.

Text - Obsessed-but-blessed • 18h When I remember that I did the "I do have a boyfriend, he just goes to another school" thing

7.

Text - DeathSpiral321 • 17h YouTube comment threads that are essentially an endless string of "Who else is listening in 2020?!"

8.

Text - Jett728 • 19h When people get that mentality of "I am one bad bitch" because they are really just one annoying bitch

9.

Text - DeathSpiral321 • 16h People who post vague status updates on social media, such as "The most horrible thing just happened to me", without providing any context. It's a cheap way for people to fish for attention, and it creates unnecessary worry for the people who care about them.

10.

Text - Alexander0232 • 18h Seeing an adult complaint like a child to waiters, cashiers, etc.

11.

Text - loopdah • 15h Saying something in a group and getting dead silence afterwards. Also thinking about the stupid things l've done in past social situations. Also waving back at someone who wasn't waving at you. Also my voice Also having an idea of what to say in my head but when I speak It just sounds a mess.

12.

Text - The_Pink_Knife • 18h 4 Awards Second hand embarrassment. It makes me physically ill. Someone obviously showing off at doing something when they're not that good at it really gets to me. The worst is when someone is singing along to a song, but instead of just vibing and singing for their own pleasure, they're looking around to make sure that OTHER people are watching them sing. Its the worst. Just to be clear - doing something badly just because you enjoy it is encouraged, and celebrated.

13.

Text - VeryMeaningfulIName • 15h 1 Award When people film themselves doing something really "generous" and "heartfelt" for someone in dire need (e.g. a homeless person). Mate. Give them the money or the food or whatever, and get on with your life. I CRINGE at how that person must feel to have a camera or phone shoved in their face while they're accepting someone's shallow charity. I'm glad the person in need benefits but I can't bear to watch them.

14.

Text - thelivingomelette • 19h When someone is obviously lying.

15.

Text - drlqnr • 19h early teen me. so many cringy stuff i did. i hope all of my old friends have forgotten about me

16.

Text - vvdb_industries • 19h 2 3 S 6 Awards Recordings of my own voice.

17.

Text - AssMaster6000 • 13h When people post selfies of them crying. No joke, my friend's sister posted crying selfies of her and her kids when they had their dog put to sleep. With the dead dog. Like, umm... that's a private moment of grief not a selfie opportunity??

18.

Text - MockingCat • 16h 1 Award Guys being overly aggressive at women who are plainly uninterested.

19.

Text - Herogamer555• 18h When l'm getting my hair cut and the clippers get near my right ear. The entire right side of my head gets extremely tingly and my back reflexively cringes away. It's like ASMR on super-steroids.

20.

Text - maddante • 16h People shooting down ideas when they've asked for help. It angers me but it also just, really makes me uncomfortable

21.

Text - pajamakitten • 17h When the super rich try to relate to ordinary people. It just comes across as so fake.

22.

Text - Brutusismyhomeboy • 17h American office culture. "Let's circle back" "Bubble up any concerns you might have" Forced camaraderie and laughter at Steve who's a damn dweeb and his unfunny joke that's been honed over many a cup of shitty coffee in the breakroom because it's just another Monday.

23.

Text - Lit-ketameme • 17h People pretending to act dumb to be attractive

24.

Text - Topgun157 • 17h 1 Award "Thanks for the gold kind stranger" Just send a private pm to the gilder and stop ruining good posts.

25.

Text - IccyOrange • 17h 3 1 Award The time I was talking too loud at a wedding when I wasn't supposed to and everyone at the wedding turned around to see what asshole wouldn't shut up.

26.

Text - the-tall-leprechaun • 19h Videos of people getting caught in lies.

27.

Text - Kaolotomut • 18h Folks who read motivational literature and then brag about what outstanding knowledge it contains.

28.

Text - Yovid-19 • 19h 3 Awards when people guild themselves

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment