Monday, April 6, 2020

Husband's Spouse Introduces Points System For Chores, He Plays It


This husband knew just what to do when it came to beating the newly instituted points system. The dog must've been stoked about all those walks too. 

1.

Text - TIFU by instituting a "point system" for my spouse to try to get housework done Mandatory the FU happened yesterday but I'm suffering the consequences today. Some background, my husband is a very active, go- nonstop kinda person so this whole staying home on the weekends thing is really tough for him. He's considered essential and is working long hours M-F and is thankful for that, but gets pretty depressed being inside all day Sat and Sun.

2.

Text - Yesterday I had this brilliant idea to make a list of activities he could do to keep busy that would earn him "points" and a list of rewards he could redeem the points for. The things to earn points consisted of a blend of fun things like "Invent a new dish using items we have in the pantry", "Walk the dog" and "find your new favorite TV show". These were combined with more practical things like "Do a batch of laundry" or "Clean out your dresser". On the rewards part I put some small thin

3.

Text - The problem is there's only so much I could put on there that would be a reward for him that also allowed us to stay in the house and I needed more items. So, last minute, and this is where I effed up, I decided that one of the rewards is that he could have me do anything on the activities list if he redeemed double the points value. I made this little game in less than 15 minutes when he was taking a shower and didn't really put much thought into how it might be exploited. He gets the li

4.

Text - That brings us to today. I wake up and he immediately starts redeeming his points to have me do all the hard stuff. It's been six hours and Il've already cleaned out his dresser, done all the laundry, and walked the dog in the rain...twice. I've just now taken a break to write this. He still hasn't used all his points. TL;DR: I instituted a points system with rewards to keep my husband busy while also getting housework done. One of the rewards was to have me do anything on the list and I

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment