Friday, April 10, 2020

People's Really Nice Or Horrible Celeb Encounters


Celebrity encounters can be a magical time where people cross paths with their heroes, and those heroes actually kind of live up to the hype. Other times though, it's a moment when one realizes that celebrities (even the "heroic ones") are just like any other human being. Often full of emotions, complications, thoughts, etc. If anything, some of those celebs might just be hurting for an opportunity to bond with another human being on a basic human being level, with no society enforced roles being played. 

1.

Text - MarcusChapmanHere • 14h Jamie Lee Curtis I worked with special needs young adults and was with a client at Gamestop. A woman walked in with a teenager and they were shopping around. We were the only customers there and when she asked for help from an associate I loved the way she spoke. I went to ask her where she was from and stopped before blurting out "Wow. Has anyone told you that you look exactly like Jamie Lee Curtis?" to which she smiled and replied "That's because I am her." I apo

2.

Text - tweako • 14h I met miss Dolly Parton when I was just a wee kid in Illinois. I've described it as being like meeting the sun. She was just so happy and warm and wonderful, and she was the first person l'd met in real life with a southern accent.

3.

Text - xxtraspicyy • 17h Flava Flav ate at the restaurant I work at once, he made a huge deal about having to sit somewhere private because he didn't want any attention. When it came to pay his bill? He tried to pay with a pre paid visa that did not have enough money on it...

4.

Text - weekendbrainsurgeon • 18h I met Vin Diesel at a truck stop diner when I was a kid. It was like 4 in the morning and me, my grandpa and vin and his friend were the only ones in the diner, and we ended up getting sat at the table next to them. Vin and a friend were getting ready to go on some fishing trip which was made obvious by the clothes they were wearing. My grandpa struck up a conversation about fishing with him, completely oblivious to who he was. He was a really nice guy and appare

5.

Text - eggsmashumactually • 15h 3 1 Award I served Daniel Radcliffe his dessert at an event, and tripped and spilled some of it on him, probably due to seeing that I was serving Daniel Radcliffe, and he stood up and started apologising profusely to ME. Was very sweet and asking if I was ok.

6.

Text - nstb21 • 17h 1 Award Met Dave Chappelle a few years back. Long story short, a friend of a friend got me and two friends into an after party. We were sitting at the bar when his manager offered us some shots. We talked with his manager for a while. Then Dave sat down near us. Dave was kind of sitting by himself and he looks over at us and goes "What's going on fellas?" And we talk to him for about an hour. We thanked him for coming to our town, talked about music, sports, all kinds of stuf

7.

Text - rain-dog2 • 20h When I was a teenager, I met Neil Armstrong at a retirement ceremony that my dad brought me to. It was at a museum and it was a private event. There was time for everyone to wander the museum, and my dad saw Mr. Armstrong looking at one of the planes that my dad helped design. Nobody else around. They struck up a conversation and Neil asked me questions about what I was studying and how I felt about the work my dad did (my dad worked on classified planes when I was much yo

8.

Text - Janisneptunus • 19h My husband and I were wandering around Philly a few years ago and Don Cheadle was walking toward us. We both stopped and turned as we watched him go by. After he passed us he turned around with a big smile and waved/winked. I just thought that was pretty cool.

9.

Text - sendgoodmemes • 19h My mom and sister met the Rock when he was still a wrestler. They had a couple car seats and tons of bags having a hell of a time getting off the plane and people were waiting and then this massive guy offered to carry some things for them and they happily took the help, he grabbed some bags and held the baby carrier with my niece in it and helped them off the plane and left. After people kept going up to them asking how they knew the rock and they were very confused u

10.

Text - starstarstar42• 20h A 2 Awards I met John Candy on a plane when I was a little kid while traveling with my family. He was a big man. He had the whole row to himself in front of us with the armrest up between seats so he could be more comfortable. The stewardesses were blocking anyone from coming up and bothering him, even though they themselves were not exactly leaving him alone what with talking to him constantly and laughing at his enjoyable banter the whole trip. At some point he got u

11.

Text - tikikatt • 16h I met A few celebs working as an event photographer for fundraisers from time to time. Chevy Chase, well, the stories are true. He was a huge jerk. Jamie Lee Curtis was one of the sweetest people l've ever met, bar none and easily the nicest celeb I met working the camera. Very considerate and thoughtful person. She kept checking with us to see if she could do anything for us or if we needed any more shots she could help with. Great sense of humor too.

12.

Text - Gundamsafety• 17h went with my parents to a function for some charity group and we shared a table with Ice-T. Super nice guy, down to earth and not high on himself. He has a mouth on him but when he found out my Dad is a retired preacher never heard a bad word again the rest of the night. I ended up talking music and how he goes from Rap to Metal. Man is cool and knows his sh*t about the metal and Punk scene.

13.

Text - tommyboy6733 • 19h I was working on a set once where John C. Reilly acted as one of the main characters. It was a pretty small set and low budget (not even sure if the show ever aired) so we all found ourselves working closely together for the most part. I sat across from him during lunch one day and we chatted for a bit about random stuff. The guy talks the same way he acts, which is why I think he plays such a great character in any comedy because he quite literally plays his own attitu

14.

Text - I had a chance to work with Witney Houston for eight days on a film set. I was working as an extra. She was nice, kind and personable. Her beauty was more striking in person. She was very professional she did not miss a mark or a cue. Everybody on the set cried when she sang. Whitney Houston was very nice to me and complimentary she spoke sweetly and in a motherly tone when she greeted people. I can still rememer her friendly greetings when she arrived on set every day. That was one of be

15.

Text - Beej1030 • 15h 3 1 Award When my dad was about 9 (1964ish) he was on a plane from LA to Heathrow in coach with his mom. The stewardess came back and excitedly asked him if he wanted to 'meet a beatle??' My dad said sure but didn't really know the Beatles at that age, and only said yes because that's kinda what you do at that age. He sat on the couch next to George (different time, airlines treated you like people), George folds up his newspaper and says, "soo, do ya like my music?" My dad

16.

Text - Turicus • 16h Bumped into Gordon Ramsay in the lift in a hotel in Hong Kong. He was very friendly. We didn't talk to him or ask for a picture. I just blurted out "You're Gordon Ramsay!" and he aknowledged and smiled. He insisted on us going first because we had our suitcases with us, wished us a nice day, said bye several times when we saw him in the lobby again. Very friendly!

17.

Text - simonviper3 • 18h I met Kiefer Sutherland after one of his gigs and he was the most humble celeb l've ever met so genuine and nice he took pictures with everyone and signed everything there was about 15 people he even had a chat with is all and thanked us for waiting for him while he was doing a radio interview!

18.

Text - WatchTheBoom • 20h 2 Awards I ran into Adam Sandler outside of a Planet Fitness in Brooklyn in early 2016. As I was leaving the Planet Fitness, it looked like he was walking in. We made eye contact, so I stopped and held the door for him. He got to the door and stopped right before he walked through, in one of those fake poses that little kids make when you tell them to freeze. I stood there holding the door, plenty confused. For about five seconds, we just stood there- him, motionless an

19.

Text - drslapnuts • 19h I met Buzz Aldrin and have a good story. I met him in 2009 and 2013. At the 2013 meeting, I said "I met you before in 2009" and he said "what took you so long to come back?"

20.

Text - _Glibnik_ • 15h I met Paul Rudd on a flight from NY, sat next too him on the plane. My buddy leaned over and told me that he wanted to compliment him on this band shirt he wore when making Clueless, but he "didn't want it to be weird". So his solution was to write him a note and slip it to him, lol. So he does this, and Paul just gets this nervous look on his face, opens the note and reads it. Starts cracking up laughing, leaned over to us and said "best note ever". He then told us the wh

21.

Text - TheJadedSF • 20h 1 Award My mom spotted Robin Williams once and she went up to him and asked if she could get a quick photo. She didn't realize he was there in the middle or about to do something with the Make A Wish Foundation so she waited until they were done around 20-30 min later and then a bunch of the kids and people wanted photos with him - he made it a point to stick around and told his staff "I think that woman wanted a photo" and made sure she got it. Mom was thrilled. He was s

22.

Text - barkleyhound • 14h When I was younger, my grandmother and I ran into Robin Williams eating alone in a Whole Foods. We approached him and introduced ourselves and he immediately cleared a space for us to sit and chat with him. I was pretty young at the time, so he spent most of the time trying to make me laugh by doing voices. I may have been too young to truly appreciate it at the time, but looking back I can easily say it's one of the greatest moments of my life and Robin has always had

23.

Text - nokarma4ulolz • 15h Samuel L. Jackson at the Calgary stampede in Canada. He was super nice. My family went up for it because my uncle is part of the committee that organizes the stampede every year and he got us VIP seating. I was a kid at the time and I was like does your wallet really say OBAMF? He laughed and said he left that one at home. Of course when I told the story at school I told everyone his wallet did in fact say that.

24.

Text - Malakoji • 13h 3 7 Awards So I have a fun Paul Rudd story. I worked at CVS at the time, and my manager had just eliminated smoke breaks- so l'm on edge and going nuts. Paul Rudd walks in, and sees me. For reference-I am generally disheveled in appearance. Thad a wizard beard braided down almost to my nuts, and I had worked overnight unloading the truck before popping on register. He looks at me and just goes- "rough night?" | laughed, nodded. I slurped at my coffee, which was more or less

25.

Text - I ring him out, and he laughs. He says- "how long you been here?" Truthfully, I told him- 10 hours. I sputter something about loving him in "Fundamentals of Caring." He looks at my boss and says the best thing ever. "I need [my name] to help me to my car with my purchase. My back hurts. Mind taking over for him?" So i go outside, he bums a cigarette off me, and bought me coffee- then wouldn't let me inside until i finished a whole cigarette and half my coffee. Boss came out to bitch, he l

26.

Text - yeahhhnoooo • 18h Tom Hiddleston told me my dog was awsome. So that was the highlight of my life lol.

27.

Text - TyFighter559 · 15h Ran into Steve Carell in an Orange County bathroom a couple years ago. I made a bad Office joke. He laughed. Nice guy. Edit: Since people are asking: "Steve Carrell. How the turntables have.... wait."

28.

Text - sixwax • 18h Snoop Dogg - Totally, unflappably chill, 100% of the time. It's like a super power. Jon Bon Jovi - Smoked a cigarette with him, couldn't have been more down to earth. I believe he's making BBQ sandwiches for homeless people as we speak. otoh: Jeremy Piven - I like to give people the benefit of the doubt: Must've been method acting for the Ari Gold role.

29.

Text - LeastCleverNameEver • 19h For a couple years I went to a private school in Connecticut. My last year there, Bill Murray's sons transferred in. Neither was in my grade, but one of them was in the play with me. I was super nervous, but I was an SNL fan my whole life and had the 20th anniversary book that talked about all the cast members and behind the scenes stuff. After the show I (really shyly) said hi and told him I was a fan and asked him to sign it. He said "whoa! I haven't even seen

30.

Text - seemore_glass • 15h After college, I was living the intern life in New York, so I had to hunt around for a job that would be fine with me working just evenings. The first call I got was Kmart, so for about a month, I worked at Kmart Penn Station. One night, this guy with his hat pulled down low and this really cheerful girl came into the electronics department where I worked. It was a wild, wild store with tons of sketchy characters, so right away I was wary of him. Anyhow, they looked at

31.

Text - just_gimme_anwsers • 19h 1 Award Ringo Starr likes this restaurant by my house. I have run into him a few times while l'm up there, if he's with someone else then he's bearable. There is thus one time though, I was with a friend and he exited he restaurant with his wife. My friend saw who he was and looked shocked. He just looked in our direction and said, "yes it is l" and drove off. We were then informed by the valet guy a few feet away that we got the lucky end because some older folks

32.

Text - MoogieCowser • 20h 7 Awards I met the St. Bernard dog from Beethoven at Planet Hollywood when I was a kid. Seemed like a pretty nice dog in person.

33.

Text - AllthatJazz_89• 19h Met Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime and Eeyore) at Botcon in 2012. They had a raffle system set up for autographs/meet and greets. He saw a bunch of us standing off to the side, including a man next to me who was sobbing because Peter meant so much to him. Peter full on RAN from the line he was supposed to be autographing and bear hugged this guy for at least a solid minute, patting his back and saying "It's all right. Everything is okay. I'm here now," while the

34.

Text - PM_urfavoritethings • 20h 1 Award Was a server for Tom Cruise. Pretty cool dude, tbh. Was a bit out of touch, but that's to be expected. The funny part was he didn't know what he could order off of our menu, so he had to call his nutritionist to find out what to get. Ended up getting fried chicken

35.

Text - KhaosElement • 18h Used to do delivery runs for a catering company, and we would get a lot of celebrities at the airport that ordered from us. Johnny Depp was the only one I ever saw face to face. Dude pulled a wadded up bill from his pocket and tossed it at me. I thought it was cool I got a tip directly from him at all, but once I had it all unwadded it was $100 bill.

36.

Text - nerdgerm • 15h Tom Hanks, absolutely nice. I met him when I worked at in n out burger a few years back. I took an order to his table & was startled when I saw his & I asked "Are you Tom Hanks." & he looks up from his meal, gives the biggest friendliest smile & says "you betcha." When I'm clocking out & leaving he's heading out exactly as I am so I hold the door open for him, & he greets me with a Thank you. & as he & his son are walking away I say "Mr. Hanks if it's not any trouble could

37.

Text - Neat_Petite • 19h A S 3 Awards Stephen Fry was absolutely delightful. Charming, chatty, got my name wrong once at the beginning of the evening and kept apologising for it over the course of the night. Katie Price was an absolute bollocking cunt. Seemed to believe she ranked just under The Queen in social standing. In actuality she ranks just under the drummer in the third best Queen cover band in Slough.

38.

Text - pelon104 • 16h I noticed Ron Perlman while I was stocking veggies at Whole Foods. I met his eye and he asked me where the bell peppers were. I showed him and afterwards I asked, "are you an actor sir?" He paused and looked at me with a friendly smirk and said "Sometimes ". I smiled and nodded. I decided to roll with it and dropped the subject. He seemed to appreciate it and approached me again with another produce question a couple of weeks later. Seemed like a good dude with a pleasant v

39.

Text - RidgetopDarlin • 19h I worked on a project with Michael Franti, who is the kindest, most patient, most humble and most friendly celebrity ever. He truly treats the janitor job folks with as much respect and attention as the execs. Lovely human being.

40.

Text - Met -- hung out with for an hour or so -- Kiefer Sutherland. It was an amazing coincidence running into him as we had plans to go see him at his concert the coming Saturday night. (Tickets were free, but you had to stand in line to get 'em.) My son was bartending -- I came in to see my son -- and he said, "hey Dad, I got someone I want you to meet..." So when I met him, the first thing out of my mouth was "oh my goodness, we loved you in Lost Boys, in 24, in so much -- and believe it or n

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment