Friday, April 10, 2020

Employee Takes Revenge On Unethical Manager


In this case of pro revenge, we have an employee fighting back against an unethical manager who by the sounds of it, had to go. Apparently, the manager was encouraging sales reps to "cheat their clients." Well, that kind of shady practice came back to bite them in the butt. And one pro revenge later, the employee being told what to do, ended up taking over that very job. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + JOIN u/appsarecoolio • ly How I ended up with my bosses job I was working for an advertising agency, a pretty big one I had unethical manager. Well when I started out I had a manager who was one of the most unethical managers l've ever dealt with. He'd order his sales reps to do things that would increase his bonuses (which are based on margins). Example say a client decided to buy product XYZ and their spend was $2,000 a month he would want the agent to put up products ABC

2.

Text - I was the guy that refused his demands, he would tell me to cheat the client and I would refuse. He would get mad. I wouldn't care. This went on for quite awhile. Now there is something I don't tell people very often... live in a one party consent state which means so long as I'm aware a conversation is being recorded I can record it without informing the other party. I had just upsold my largest client making him even larger...but I didn't sell the products my boss wanted me to sell. He

3.

Text - After confirming he was dead serious I said "If you do that, l'll have your job by the end of the month" I went home, I didn't think he'd go through with it. Sure as shit next morning I'm locked out of all our systems. I call tech support and get told l've been fired. So who do I call? I call our Regional Vice President and tell him I have several recordings I think he should listen to. Remember my boss ordering me to do unethical things wasn't uncommon. So I meet up with my RVP and play

4.

Text - To which my RVP leaned back in his chair, and let out a sigh knowing he had to fire my manager...having a sales manager that is forcing his reps to break the law is just bad business. At which point I asked for my job back. He agreed that I would get my job back and asked me to take the week off and call him on Monday. He told me he'd talk to payroll and make sure I got paid for this week as well. FYI he fulfilled all of his promises with me...although I missed a payday but got back pay l

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment