Friday, April 24, 2020

Kindest Things People Overheard About Themselves


Taking a break from all the fails, to enjoy some good old wholesomeness. Compliment gossip is where it's at. Yes, let's all just spread nothing but words of praise about each other, and see what the picture ends up looking like. You never know how much someone might need the extra boost of confidence. Just a little bit of kindness can go a long way. 

1.

Text - DeadSplicer • 1y Once at college I was hanging out with a couple of friends in an art class, and right after I left I heard one turn to the other and say "he is such a nice guy", and the other girl replied with an enthusiastic "I know! He really is" People complimenting you behind your back is, in my opinion, the best form of compliment.

2.

Text - alexschubs • 1y A few months ago, I was hanging out with a girl one day who was showing interest in me, and I was kinda on board myself. I accidentally saw that she had posted about me in her group chat, and it was something along the lines of "This is the kinda guy I want". Even better, her friend, who also happened to be my coworker, responded to that by saying, "He's honestly so nice." This made me feel even better because I honestly thought that girl couldn't stand me. It gave me a gi

3.

Text - PonchoBeano • ly i'm a longtime drummer. been playing in bands for over 20 years. recently just joined a new band and after our first gig together, i overheard the singer talking with someone about the set and sound of the new lineup. the singer was saying that i'm a 'born drummer. this guy was totally meant to play drums. i'm so stoked he's in my band.' probably the coolest thing i accidentally overheard about myself.

4.

Text - PonchoBeano • 1y i'm a longtime drummer. been playing in bands for over 20 years. recently just joined a new band and after our first gig together, i overheard the singer talking with someone about the set and sound of the new lineup. the singer was saying that i'm a 'born drummer. this guy was totally meant to play drums. i'm so stoked he's in my band.' probably the coolest thing i accidentally overheard about myself.

5.

Text - biohazard93 • 1y Several weeks ago I overheard the technician of the neighboring lab telling some fellow grad students "she knows so much, I am astonished". I'm still hyped up about it

6.

Text - Steph83 • 1y 3 3 Awards I teach middle school, and I try to intentionally say something positive about a student when he/she thinks I don't know they're nearby. The change in a kid's whole attitude is remarkable. Even kids who seem pretty self confident get a boost, but the kids who are struggling... it really makes a huge difference.

7.

Text - hulidoshi • 1y 3 1 Award My wife's family said I was the rock in their family.

8.

Text - n1tnguy • 1y 1 Award I was browsing my senior-year yearbook YEARS after I graduated. You know, reminiscing for a moment. I turn to the freshmen section of the year book and I see writing on the side. It read, "n1tnguy, You don't know me, but thank you for being a role model for me. I see you at lunch sometimes. Name of student" I believe I am a good person, but have never thought that others could consider me a role model, as l'm still young ;) and with no kids of my own; let alone when I

9.

Text - emopest • 1y 1 Award At a party I overheard my SO bragging to the others about my pasta and my cooking in general, like they should be jealous he gets to eat my food regularly. It made me happy. I know he likes my cooking, but him telling others about it when I'm not in the room was a big confidence boost.

10.

Text - Terror-Error • 1y Used to work in a call centre up in Manchester. I have a very posh london voice which sticks out quite a lot up north. After a sale I take off my headset and hear one girl to another 'I really love his voice. ' Made me smile.

11.

Text - 808guamie • 1y I was visiting my old workplace after leaving a couple years prior. As I was walking away from on old employee, I overheard a new person ask who I was. She replied "That's guamie, he is the reason I was able to become a manager." I am an HR Manager by trade...that almost made me cry on the spot.

12.

Text - White_Cocoapuff • ly 1 Award I'm a journalist. When I was working a news internship at a local TV station, I was asked to go do some quick "man on the street" interviews on the other side of town. After we got back to the newsroom, I heard the camera guy (a veteran of like 30 years who's worked with some of the best reporters in my city) say to our executive producer, "you know, that kid's a real journalist." Gave me the biggest confidence boost ever as an intern. I'm now employed full ti

13.

Text - kimmy-ac • 1y S 1 Award When I taught second grade I caught girls passing a note in my class. I took the note from them and read it- is pretty. Her hair is prety Her hole botie is "Ms. pretty" I was like... please don't pass anymore notes in class but thank you and l'm keeping this forever

14.

Text - JetdocBram • 1y 1 Award TL:DR - I'm one of two managers at a company. Our workers prefer to be on my crew rather than the other guy. Overheard them fighting to get a spot on my crew. Feels good bro. 11/10. Long story - My coworker and I got our jobs at this company at the same time, went through training together, got qualified for certain tasks together and eventually both got management positions at the same time. He and I are good friends l'd say, and we cooperate and work together sea

15.

Text - Both our methods get the job done, surely. But I try my best to make sure my crew doesn't dread coming to work. These guys and girls are the backbone of our operation and deserve respect. They're holding me up and making me look good with their accomplishments- so I take care of them as best I can and always give words of encouragement. So much so that I have this little joke where I call out someone's name across the hangar and just point at them like "good job bro" and they get the mess

16.

Text - Anyway our work schedules operate on a 3 month bidding rotation; Each mechanic will bid for which crew they want to be on which alternates weeks, and those with the higher seniority in the company get the more desirable shifts. It boils down to choosing to be on my crew or my coworker's. Basically picking who your manager will be. Long story short I heard people were fighting to get on my crew. And overheard numerous times that my crew was much more preferred to be on. Just made me feel g

17.

Text - addalittlesparkle • 1y 1 Award I worked really hard on creating an art project for my 1st grade class. I heard on student say to the other, "This is the best project we've had all year!"

18.

Text - someone_FIN • 1y I was with two friends at a bar, one of whom I've known for half my life and one I met more recently. While I was at the bar ordering a drink, the newer friend said to the other: "You know, [my name] is such a great judge of character. I know that anyone who he calls a friend is someone I can always get along with." And then they spent like five minutes (long line at the bar) discussing all the things they like about me.

19.

Text - turnonthesunflower • 1y My shitty, grumpy old fart of an ex-boss had to let me go because they ran out of orders. Then my last day I overheard a collegaue talking to him, saying "You shouldn't let (me) go. He's a good worker". To which my boss replied "I really don't want to let him go. I'm really fond of him. But I have no choice." He used to look so angry all the time and yelled at me one time, so I figured he didn't like me. Although he was a grumpy old sod, this warmed my heart.

20.

Text - Saturdead • 1y 1 Award My dad doesn't really compliment people. He's the quiet type that hides behind jokes and sarcasm. However, I once heard him talk to an old friend of his at a christmas party, saying; "That's my kid right there. Pure rock n' roll, just like his old man. Never gives up, just keeps steaming on like a freight train. I tell ya, some kids just have that fire, you know?"

21.

Text - hi_im_horse • 1y Heard a girl compliment my looks to her friends in my second language. She never figured out I could understand what she was saying. I wouldn't even consider myself attractive so it was nice I guess.

22.

Text - musefan1803• 1y Was at a party with classmates. Decided to stay the night and overheard some girls talking about me behing handsome while they thought i was asleep. I wasnt.

23.

Text - pmapic4acompliment • 1y 3 1 Award I was joking around with some acquaintances at a party and somebody got me with a really funny joke. I started giggling like a madman and I heard a girl on the other end of the room turn to my sister and say "I just love his laugh, It's so happy!" and she responded "I know!". That still makes me smile when I remember.

24.

Text - qu38mm • 1y S 1 Award Some semi-famous rappers I'm friends with called me drunk to wish me happy birthday. They didn't hang up properly and I heard the one say to the other, "Quentin's a really fucking good guy man. Really fucking good guy." Shit meant a lot to me because most people just see me, 242lbs with home job tattoos, and assume I eat people

25.

Text - ArbieMa • 1y 1 Award The school counselor telling a bitchy teacher that I'm sweet and have a big heart, she then said 'btw she's really funny too, stop hating and you'll see why everyone loves her.! I had tears in my eyes because she was one of the few who always believed in me, my persona and intentions.

26.

Text - uselessfoster • 1y 3 1 Award This isn't my story, but it's my favorite. My college professor researched Egyptian mummified cats. He was back at the British museum looking at some cats and they had a staff shift while he was still in there. He started talking to the new guy on his way out and the guy says, "if you're interested in mummified cats, you should talk to [professor's name]. He's the world's expert in mummified cats." My professor was speechless for a moment and then said " l'm [

27.

Text - FriendlyChance • 1y I was dozing off in a train cabin on the way back from a class trip and before this trip, these guys weren't really my friends. I heard one of them say "man, she's not bitchy at all, she goes out of her way to care for people" and the other one said something along the lines of "I'm so glad we became good friends during this trip." I fell asleep feeling very warm and loved haha.

28.

Text - john_C_random • 1y My old band was due to play in a bar. I was stood ordering a drink and I overheard two people discussing the band. Apparently they'd heard the guitarist - me -was amazing.

29.

Text - merlot-o • 1y 1 Award I don't have a lot of coworkers (about 13 altogether and I only work directly with 4-5). But when I was in the break room I heard a few of them talking about a coworker they don't like, saying she's rude to everyone. And one of them said "She's pretty nice to [whatever my name is]." And the others said "Well, everyone likes [whatever my name is], pretty hard not to." It was hard to walk back in there and not be like LOVE YOU TOO THANKS GUYS

30.

Text - deathbotly • 1y 3 2 Awards A couple of students were chatting about how much they enjoyed my class

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment