Friday, April 17, 2020

Dumb Rumors People Discovered about Themselves


It doesn't take much to get a rumor started. One misheard supposition or secret mom campaign and the next day you could find out that everyone thinks your girlfriend is a goat. It's hard to forget about that one. Here are more times people were wrongfully misjudged as well as rumors about Americans that turned out to be true.

1.

Text - AnActualSlinky 716 points · 12 hours ago I was once sick for an entire week of 9th grade. Somehow it spread that I went to hawaii. Even a teacher made a comment. I have no idea how the fuck that started and nobody would tell me why they thought it because they thought i was just being cheeky by denying it

2.

Text - MinimalistFan 859 points · 11 hours ago That a platonic male friend and I were dating because we studied in the same part of the college library every night Sunday through Thursday. It was just the part with the most comfortable chairs.

3.

Text - Cherrynotastripper 799 points · 12 hours ago That I was a lesbian, growing up a guy was convinced I was a lesbian. I just didn't fancy him. I didn't bother correcting him either. He told everyone I was but you know what who cares? It didn't bother me and definitely didn't affect my love life. Got hit on by a few women but I was flattered.

4.

Text - Epsilon_One 1.1k points · 13 hours ago When I was 13 there was a rumor spreading around that I was born in Iraq, used to live in Moscow, and was a die hard gay communist that wanted to run for president and pass a law that everyone was required to have gay sex with me.

5.

Text - JackWhitesGhost 39 points · 12 hours ago In 6th grade a rumour went around my school that I saw Beyonce at the mall. I didn't even go to the mall that weekend. Still people kept asking me about it.

6.

Text - throwawaysmetoo 16 points · 12 hours ago That I'm an incest baby. It's because I call my uncle 'dad', he isn't biologically my father, he's just socially/emotionally the person in the world who is my dad. But then people have figured out that my mom and 'dad' are siblings and we're originally from Kentucky so they come to the obvious conclusion of 'incest'.

7.

Text - -Baddest-Bitch- 5.8k points · 14 hours ago When I was in grade one some girls thought it would be funny to tell everyone I had 'boy private parts' which upset me greatly. I don't remember this but my mother has told me that during an assembly I was talking with the people around me and it was brought up and I felt the need to stand up and pull down my pants and undies in front of everyone. I cringe every time I think about it.

8.

Text - spliffwizard 5.2k points · 12 hours ago I moved from Scotland to England at like 13, I had a thick accent and I got a lot of shit for it so almost subconsciously I slowly started to like fake an English accent, was really stupid as I'd flip back to Scottish as soon as I got home.. After I left school I dropped the accent but by that time the majority of people I knew in the small town I was in, had met me as English Spliffwizard so when I'd see people they'd be like wtf happened to you!?

9.

Text - Kevin_Uxbridge 4.9k points · 13 hours ago That I was dead. Was late getting back to uni so my 'buddies' decided it'd be funny to tell people I'd been killed in europe. The story started with 'killed in an accident' and blossomed to 'got a girl pregnant, wouldn't marry her, decided to marry her, killed in an accident'. One girl I knew actually believed it and cried when we bumped into each other. Had no idea she cared.

10.

Text - Stop_CharterSchools 3.2k points · 13 hours ago I made fun of Baptists at my friend's house, and his mom told the other moms that I worshiped the devil. This was in 10th-grade or so.

11.

Text - Munsunned 1.8k points · 13 hours ago That I told my entire pre-school class that Santa wasn't real. It was actually a different kid with the same first name as me, and I hadn't even been there when it happened. So I learned the truth about Claus from my enraged and screaming mother calling me a liar. I"m now 32 and I still hate Christmas.

12.

Text - WhompNStomp 1.8k points · 13 hours ago One was that I layed eggs. Another was that I had 14 abortions in six months. Unfortunately, both around the same time period. Yikes

13.

Text - BrilliantlyDepressed 1.8k points · 13 hours ago That my parents were drug dealers, and they involved me in selling drugs at my elementary school. What actually happened was that I gave my friends a dollar each from my lunch money so we could all buy cookies. Somehow the rumor spread all the way to the principal, so he dragged me to his office and lectured me about not giving my money away in front of other people.

14.

Text - Starnest712 1.5k points · 13 hours ago It wasn't mine, but my friend is allergic to peanuts and someone started a rumor that he was lying. So, someone waved a peanut butter sandwich in front of him. That started a allergic reaction. (we were in 5th grade.)

15.

Text - BASHFAUX 1.2k points · 12 hours ago As a child many kids thought I was gay because I had long hair.

16.

Text - throwitway22334 1.1k points · 12 hours ago In middle school some sub that no one knew that looked like a nark pulled me from class because of a family issue, walked me out of the school to my mom. Somehow this turned into the sub being a cop, and it being a cop car, and I was in trouble for something. One rumor a few weeks later was that I had gotten in trouble for bringing tons of huge guns to school or something. I was like guys, I'm still at school, I told you what happened..

17.

Text - prunepicker 1.1k points · 11 hours ago A co-worker told several people I was having an affair with our boss. To add to it, she said I was the one who told her about it. I'm a woman. My boss was a gay man. No, we were not having an affair.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment