Friday, February 12, 2021

Twitter Thread: The Wildly Creepy Junk Kids Say


There are many clear signs that kids are weird and stupid, but sometimes that weirdness manifests itself as intense creepiness. Being  impressionable and not really understanding the world too good, kids have extremely vivid imaginations and sometimes just say things. Things about faces in the walls and dead people watching them. The kind of things you really hope are untrue.

1.

Font - 11:22 Thread Neil Gaiman and 3 others liked elizabeth bruenig O @ebruenig [i am tucking my 4.5 y/o in] me: alright angel, sleep good, jane: did you know in our house there's a secret door? me: no jane: you can only see it at night, in the dark me: nope. not interested jane: and it has a big big big room inside me: i am begging you to stop, 7:01 PM · 2/10/21 · TweetDeck 4,165 Retweets 726 Quote Tweets 77.9K Likes Tweet your reply

2.

World - tones * Replying to @ebruenig h @mav1289 · 1d Me: ok son, sleep tight Him: Dad can you do the red eyes again? Me: ... the what? Him: the red eyes when you come when we have to be quiet Me: i... maybe you were dreaming that buddy, I dont know what that is Him: no I wasn't dreaming dad I saw you in the hallway Мe:

3.

Font - 11:23 3yo a few weeks ago, snuggling into bed, super casual: "sometimes at night people come into my room." "...?" "They don't have faces." O 46 271 ♡ 3,745 mary shelley's ozymegdias · 18h Replying to @ebruenig ... INTELLIGENE A kid I babysat for the summer a few years back had an invisible friend named Myt who apparently joined the family during her first trip to Central Park after they'd moved here from Chicago. They went on their first trip to the Met a few days later; the kid said Myt

4.

Font - 11:27 JamieBendall @jamiethehost · 19h Replying to @ebruenig ... My daughter had an imaginary friend named Rusty. She stopped mentioning him and after a while we asked what had become of him? She told us she had rolled him up in a rug and shoved him down the heaven hole. She was pretty nonchalant about it. Never mentioned him again. 2716 439 KP @kamonkids · 19h Well that's terrifying. ... 27 96 Show replies @Number93 @WinninghamMatt · 1d Replying to @ebruenig LAIL, I UAS BEINC A UTRE 3 ye

5.

World - Commie Pickles @commie_to... · 12h • Replying to @ebruenig kids a legit the creepiest. i was putting my youngest to bed and they were like, can't wait for all my friends to get here?" and i was like, "what friends baby?" and they go, "you know, the ones with white hair that float around." goodNIGHT child jfc 275 203

6.

World - (((Against All Enemies Foreig... · 12h …* Replying to @ebruenig My youngest daughter was born about two years after my mother died. When she was about 4 one day she just looked me square in the eye and said "Daddy, I'm not your mommy anymore". 27 ♡ 40

7.

Font - 11:39 Tweet Camilla @Camilla_illa Replying to @ebruenig Our son (3 years old) points at the ceiling and keeps talking about the man that lives upstairs that comes every night to visit him and wants to take him away. o . Nope. Don't want to knoW. 6:39 AM · 2/11/21 · Twitter Web App 23 Likes Tweet your reply

8.

World - *_* , Ph.D. @pithy_pythia Replying to @ebruenig My then 4 y.o. daughter told me about the "nightmare wall" in her room (the west-facing wall). She would wake in the middle of the night & see faces pushing through the wall, screaming at her. We put @neilhimself's book Blueberry Girl b/t the wall and her bed & it stopped.

9.

Font - 11:40 Tweet Jane Hamilton ... @JaneHamilton3 Replying to @ebruenig When my son was 4, I was awakened by the sound of him softly chatting one night. I went to his room and there he sat on crisscrossed legs, wide awake. I said who are you talking to baby? He said "the little boy, he was So cold, he asked to come inside. Dat okay momma?" 2:27 PM · 2/11/21 · Twitter for iPhone 11 Likes Tweet your reply

10.

Organism - Andrew McCorquodale @A_McCorquodale Replying to @ebruenig 8 yo dtr sleep walked into our b/r - her walk had a creepy gangle to it like the Hill House mom running but slo-mo. We watched her creep up to my wife, lean in, whisper some gibberish and BOLT out of the room. Sol guess I live in a Paranormal Activity movie?

11.

World - jessica hillis @3282jessicah Replying to @ebruenig My sons both had the same imaginary friend, Alex, at different times of their lives. Alex liked to hang out on our roof and ride on the top of our car. One day my youngest son said, "Mom, I had to kill Alex because he was trying to murder you." Haven't heard from Alex since.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment