Wednesday, February 24, 2021

The Largest Bullets People Dodged


As not-total-idiots, we spend a lot of time worrying about making the right decision. Sometimes we can thank ourselves for avoiding a bad situation, and sometimes it's totally up to random chance whether we dodge a huge bullet or not. Everyone has a moment in their lives that the think about "man if that had gone just slightly differently I'd be in some serious pain right now." Hindsight is 20/20 and life is just a constant act of dodging massive bullets.

1.

Font - bryaninmsp 21 hours ago 48 I had two job offers in different states at the same time. The one I didn't take was offering more money, but I just didn't gel with the guy who would be my boss and really liked the guy who would be my boss at the lower offer. The better offer was in a state I had always wanted to live in, for a company I admired, but something felt off so I went with the lower offer. I ended up meeting my wife in the city of the lower offer. Meanwhile, the company that had giv

2.

Font - GForceHangover 22 hours ago · edited 17 hours ago 25 3 5 2 A literal one. A friend was showing off some handguns he bought with his first paycheck. Checked the chamber to make sure nothing was there, sighted at me and pulled the trigger. Of course, the gun was loaded. Bullet passed over my right shoulder and buried itself in a chair. We aren't friends anymore for some odd reason.

3.

Font - SaltySteveD87 1 day ago 2 S 2 Once at a bar a woman was surprisingly into me as we danced. If I had had more confidence back then I definitely could've taken her home. In the end, one of my karaoke buddies ended up with her instead and got caught by her husband that night.

4.

Font - kylexy929 19 hours ago 2 e2 3 4 2005, my friend and I evacuated New Orleans 2 days before Hurricane Katrina and drove to Mississippi with the little money we had. We were trying to decided on where to stay for the night and it was between a mid range hotel or the really cheap motel. Decided to spend a little more for the hotel. During the night the eye of the storm came through Mississippi and flattened the roof of the motel we decided against.

5.

Font - WholeGrainMustard 20 hours ago 4 3 6 4 In 1996, my parents were deciding between two houses to move into. They picked the new construction that resulted in being placed on shoddy soil and years of lawsuits when we ultimately moved in 2001. Anyway, the other house they could've picked (presumably on better soil) would've placed my older sister at Columbine High School as a freshman for the 1998-1999 school year.

6.

Rectangle - daveysprocket001 22 hours ago O 3 3 A 2 I got on an intercity bus and almost sat in the middle but moved and sat at the back. The bus later collided with a truck and got opened up like a tin can. If I had sat where I originally intended I would have been killed.

7.

Font - sadandshy 19 hours ago · edited 3 hours ago 2 I was subletting an apartment in college and got zapped by the electric stove. Gave notice immediately and moved out with very clear reasons why I was moving out. The building burnt a few weeks later.

8.

Font - SaveTheNature 1 day ago Y 2 S High school gf wanted to talk about baby names. I was headed to college. No thoughts of being a parent! My mom even found a note in my pocket listing her favorites if we had a boy. Anyway, we broke up after 2 years. The next guy she dated was a dad within 9.5mos.

9.

Font - CaptainPlummet 1 day ago S I almost fell for a pyramid scheme in high school. My friend brought me to one of their meetings (ACN) and I was SO on board, but my parents talked me down. I was upset at them until I learned more about MLM's and quickly changed my mind. Sometimes I imagine where I'd be now if I went through with it. It wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure.

10.

Font - writetoAndrew 21 hours ago 3 3 3 Finishing up my paper route when I was a kid. Walking home on the sidewalk next to a busy road with sister on the inside, me dragging our little buggy on the outside. Middle of winter, car jumps the curb and takes out our buggy. Neither of us know what the hell had just happened other than the ungodly scraping sound and that our buggy was gone. Find out later that the driver saw us run home scared and brought back our buggy which was utterly destroyed in a

11.

Rectangle - Plow_King 18 hours ago e S 2 2 sold my bar and grill business in August 2019

12.

Font - FestoonedDubloon 19 hours ago 2 33 E2 I was out kayaking on a lake and several bullets whizzed by me. There was a distinct buzz CRACK buzz sound as it went by. I think some people were just out plinking in their back yard, adjacent to the lake, and didn't think a backstop was necessary. This also happened to me a few weeks later when I was paddling on a small stream. Bullets whizzed by above the bank, just over my head. I don't think anyone knew I was there either time. Regardless, when y

13.

Font - I_Am_A_Master-Baiter 1 day ago When I was about 10 years old I leaned backwards onto a tall bookcase shelf, which happened to have a sword collection on the highest shelf. Many of these swords had their blades exposed for show. And what would happen at that very moment? That shelf gave way and all of the swords came and landed on me (including my head). Surprisingly, I got not a single cut, no concussion, and only a small bruise on the head. And being young, I dismissed this incident with

14.

Font - prho1 21 hours ago S A year ago (almost to the day) I was offered a new job. It was exactly what I was looking for and was really excited. They told me they would email the contract but after a week I hadn't had anything. After a lot of chasing they told me they'd changed the structure of the organisation so the position wasn't available. I have a months notice for my current job and if I had taken the job my notice period would have been after the cut off date for furlough in the UK. The

15.

Font - Insectshelf3 20 hours ago · edited 20 hours ago not me, but my friend. we were in a bar and she was talking to a dude she met on tinder. when she turned around I saw him put something into her beer. i walked up, pretended to stumble, and knocked it out of her hand. apologized, told her i'd buy her next beer, and when we walked over to the bar i told her what he did. we left right after, decided to grab a case of beer and play mario kart that night instead. i only tagged along because she

16.

Product - people-of-the-sun 23 hours ago i bought hitman 2 collecters edition instead of fallout 76 power armor edition.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment