Thursday, February 4, 2021

People's Worst Nightmare Neighbor Conflict Stories


You just never know who you might end up living next to. Moving into a new place is a stressful enough process as it is, but when you factor in the distinct possibility that you could end up living next to a monster who literally makes a mission out of destroying your garden's tomatoes, or being as loud as possible despite your complaints....the stress sweats can start. This AskReddit thread has people sharing the very worst of their nightmare neighbor conflict stories. 

1.

Font - 8 Awards This is more of a funny story than a neighbor from hell. But in our apartment, we kept hearing massive bass (think like a rhythm game) starting at like 6 pm to sometimes going till 11 pm, and it sounded like it was localized right above our bedroom. Finally, one night I go up and bang on the door, but they don't answer. About an hour later, I hear moving around in the apartment above me, so I walk out, hoping to catch them either on the stairs or so I can knock on the door again.

2.

Font - catbiskits • 14h Our neighbour kept complaining that the plants by the shared fence in our garden were dragging it down and ruining the plants climbing on her side. You only had to glance at the fence to see that it was massively weighed down on her side - it was sort of a wire fence and it was stretched and bowed on her side so that it practically touched the ground. We had a few plants against the fence on our side but nothing like she did, and yet she kept insisting it must be our faul

3.

Font - JusticeforKimPine • 13h 1 Award I don't remember this well, as this was handled by my parents. Ever since we arrived to the building we're currently living in, the water bill (I don't know if that's how it's called) had been insanely high. After years trying to cut showers and stuff like that, they finally called the water company. Turns out the laundromat downstairs, which was owned by another neighbour, had tweaked its pipes so that all the water they used was marked as used by us. Not

4.

Font - UtopiaForest · 12h Growing up, a friend of my brother's lived next door to an elderly widow who became obsessed with a feud with that family. She was constantly calling the police on them. She claimed that they had dynamite hidden in the basement. Another time she soaked herself, clothing and all, in a shower, then came out after calling the police, and claimed that the father had sprayed her with a garden hose. I'm sure l'm forgetting a whole pile of her antics. It was kind of sad though

5.

Font - Mattyboi_Jhb • 11h TL/DR: Years of awful neighbours left my friend and I unprepared for a genuinely kind one today. I've had a few nightmare neighbours myself but today experienced something quite wonderfully different. I'm staying at my friend's place for a few days to help out while she recovers from surgery. She lives in a beautiful block of flats and happens to be next door neighbours with our country's finance minister. Every now and then he'll smoke a cigar on his balcony and today

6.

Font - GaryBuseyWithRabies • 12h My house is one of the few that has a driveway. Everyone else used on street parking. A few of the neighbors like to park their cars in front of my house when it snows so the town plows will get in front of their house. For me, the plows leave an extra five feet of snow in front of my driveway. They also park directly across from my driveway so it's even harder to get out. GReply 19 3 ...

7.

Font - Ig_rosesnmusicsheets • 11h My sister and I started working from home last year but our upstairs neighbor didn't care - everyday he would play his electric bass with his amp hooked up and it would reverberate on our ceiling. We told the manager but but it kept going for weeks. Finally one day my sister got fed up and started knocking on the ceiling for him to stop. Then he started STOMPING on the floor in response. My sister went out to the balcony and was like "Hey! Is that you sir?" And

8.

Font - plyedness · 11h Living in an apartment building with neighbours that have: • thrown leftover food at our car stuffed our letterbox with excessive pamphlets written anonymous letters to me pretending to be an admirer • stolen our packages and letters slammed the door whenever we walked past their apartment G Reply 4 2 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment