Saturday, January 16, 2021

Dumbest Things People Have Said With Full Confidence


It's remarkable to witness the ungodly displays of confidence that can end up encircling completely ignorant statements. This particular AskReddit thread pays homage to those very moments. You've likely been out in the wild at one point or another and heard something reminiscent of one of these at one point in your life. From there, it's really up to you as the listener to either intervene or just let the ignorance carry on as it seems to so stubbornly do. 

1.

Text - Equal-Self • 5d 1 Award When you drill a hole, you need to place your hand behind the spot where you're drilling. He said It'll make it easier to drill. I really didn't want to add a hole to my hand. E Q Reply 1 2.2k ...

2.

Text - BigBossHonchoPizza • 5d 8 2 Awards people in high school didn't believe me when I told them that English came from England and was indigenous to England similarly, for some reason, someone in college insisted that English was indigenous to America Reply 7.1k ..

3.

Text - casegreen201 • 5d 8 1 Award If they don't teach cursive in schools anymore, who will be the next great writer? Reply 1 1.5k 3 ...

4.

Text - Createdbjm · 5d 1 Award My front desk gym rep... "I gave them a 1 week free gym membership"... "March 27th to March 35th". Reply 19.1k 3 ...

5.

Text - Skyc2re · 5d 1 Award That government spies on people through dead pixels in their screens. smh | Reply 488 ...

6.

Text - shartnado3 • 5d 2 Awards Space was created by Disney to further the hoax of space/earth being round. He was dead serious, and he quoted "his own brain after much research" as his source. I wish I was kidding. Reply 1 19.6k 3 ...

7.

Text - BobioliCommentoli • 5d 3 1 Award A few of my coworkers and I went out to eat after work to a local bar and grill, one of my coworkers is pescatarian. Another one of my coworkers, Chris, is prone to speaking with absolute confidence about things he has incredibly little knowledge about. Janise (pescetarian) orders Buffalo shrimp (which is listed under a header of "wings and bites") Chris with supreme confidence corrects her and says "no dear those are wings" he got possibly the dirtiest lo

8.

Text - SC2sam • 5d 1 Award My SSgt whileI was on active duty fairly new to the base said straight up "why are you always trying to learn all the time, just stop it it's stupid". He didn't like it that I asked questions about wtf I was doing and why I was doing it. How else was I supposed to know how to do my job? Reply 1 6.1k 3 •..

9.

Text - kahrissay · 5d 3 1 Award My 6th grade science teacher told the class that the moon was bigger than the sun because the moon covered the sun during an eclipse.

10.

Text - TexJester • 5d 24 Awards That she could never use a sperm donor to have a kid....because she wasn't 100% sure that the baby/child would speak English.... Reply 1 32.3k + ...

11.

Text - MostlySpiders · 5d 9 Awards I used to work in a lab where origami was a pretty big thing, so there were origami figurines all over the place. Some guy comes to visit and comments on the figures and says "Those are nice, what are they called? Macramé?" I said "They're origami." He responded, "I'm pretty sure it's macramé. I'm usually right about this sort of thing." I'm usually right about this sort of thing! Edit: Didn't expect that to blow up. You are all the best! (And l'm definitely ri

12.

Text - kira82 · 5d S 10 Awards "I wish there was a window in between us so I didn't have to look at you." Q Reply 1 21.3k ...

13.

Text - Notmiefault • 5d 3 2 Awards You shouldn't wear a seatbelt because, in the event of a crash, you're better off being thrown out of the car than being trapped in it. Reply 25.0k ...

14.

Text - tequilitas • 5d 3 1 Award The sun is made of gold. We debated for hours, he still refused to believe it was not. + Reply 2.9k ...

15.

Text - rrl · 5d 3 4 Awards 1/4 is greater than 1/2 Reply 14.2k ...

16.

Text - ljr55555 · 5d I worked in IT support and provided escalation support for the help desk and desktop support teams. One day a desktop support tech came into my office for help: the laptop couldn't access the Internet. I asked her to open a command prompt and ping the router IP, and she got request time outs. A point at which any halfway reasonable tech would stop and say "Oh, the computer's not on the network!". She, on the other hand, got the most know-it-all snotty tone and said to me "I

17.

Text - discostud1515•5d My buddy just told me he gave $2500 to an influencer on YouTube to help sell his book. It resulted in zero new sales. Reply 990 ...

18.

Text - alias319 · 5d 1 Award "I don't know the number for 9-1-1" + Reply 4.4k ...

19.

Text - OneCatch • 5d 1 Award I had a teacher in school who confidently claimed that sharks were mammals. Reply 3.9k ...

20.

Text - Vaganhope_UAE • 5d That dinosaur bones are man made by scientist to convince us there is no god Reply 1 3.8k 3 + ...

21.

Text - littlepinkcupcake · 5d 3 1 Award Someone once told me that smoking cigs will help treat my asthma bc my lungs would be building a tolerance to the smoking and that means that I won't have such a hard time during asthma attacks bc my lungs would already be used to the strain that smoking causes. He even tried to back it up with "my friends have asthma and they smoke" Reply 4.1k ...

22.

Text - hoboshuffle • 5d Why would I stir my coffee? Sugar floats. Reply 1.7k ...

23.

Text - Ochoytnik · 5d S 17 Awards If you ever fall out of a plane without a parachute you should grab onto the ground when you hit it so that you don't bounce because that is the bounce that kills you not the first impact. He swore that it was true and that a skydiving instructor had told him. Reply 16.3k ...

24.

Text - DakPara · 5d 1 Award "When I went into the Nuclear Navy, I got the equivalent to a PhD in Nuclear Engineering in six-months." All the real Nuclear Engineers just fell down laughing. Talk about brainwashing. Reply 1 7.0k 3 ...

25.

Text - TrashyMcTrashacct · 5d 'Amsterdam is a city in London'. I couldn't even begin to explain how wrong she was. Reply 2.5k ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment