Thursday, January 7, 2021

Boss Demands Employee To Take Breaks When Told To, Malicious Compliance Ensues


Man, nothing can bring the blood to a boil like a busy body boss who aggressively insists that their employees do things in the name of the rules that actually only end up hurting the company's efficiency. Clearly this boss had their head in the clouds. Fortunately, the employee on deck was ready to dish out a little awakening malicious compliance to remedy the situation. For some more satisfying malicious compliance, check out this professor who got schooled by their students

1.

Blue - r/MaliciousCompliance + Join u/Vizslaman • 19h 1 1 8 e 5 3 4 1 8 7 Only Take Breaks When I Tell You to. Sure, No Problem M I used to work at a call center where we would get flooded with calls constantly. This is a story of how a busy body boss thought they understood everything since they were in charge. At the work we were given two 15 minute breaks and one 45 minute lunch break. The breaks were scheduled into our day so you could see when they would be, but this would change day by day

2.

Text - My role was a bit different than the normal agents as I was specifically dealing with the higher issue calls. These calls could take up to 1 hour to complete and the caller would need to stay on the line, unless they were fine with a call back later but this was rarely the case. Since I never knew when I would be getting these calls, my break times were a shot in the dark if I would or wouldn't be on a call. I would just take them as soon as the call was done if they ever intersected, whi

3.

Text - Enter my boss. During a performance review I hit all the marks except for "Attendance". I asked about this as I know I missed a few days but always with a reasonable update for time frame and never had a no show day (where there is no warning that l'm not coming in). My boss stated that attendance also applies to break and lunch times and since I rarely took them at the requested time, I was getting written up. I explained my role, that they hired me for, and the challenges involved. They

4.

Text - tells you to, no time else. There is no excuse." I saved it, printed it out, sent a copy to my own email and followed it to the letter. Next call that happened that same day of course, had the long call crossing over with a break issue. I asked the customer if it would be ok for a call back, they said no, I stated that unfortunately I cannot stay on the line as I am required to take my break. They became enraged and demanded to speak with my boss. I told my boss, they said that I need to

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment