Sunday, December 6, 2020

Entitled Karen Wants Lower Rate From Musician, Gets Rejected, Pitches Fit


You never know when the next entitled Karen might come speeding around the corner, to storm you with all kinds of nasty entitlement. This particular Karen threw a real tantrum after she was rejected when she tried to get a lower rate from a musician. By the way, the musician was already trying to throw her a nice deal. Some people are truly incapable of recognizing the kindhearted generosity of others. Greed can really blind someone. Check out more choosing beggar drama with this choosing beggar who expected a talented drummer to play for free, and got set straight.

1.

Text - Well, we want authentic ukulele music for the reception, so probably a few hours. Two at the very least. Is that too much? It's also gonna be a big reception. We're holding it at wedding place and looking at around 200 guests minimum.

2.

Blue - Alright, awesome! I can totally do that :) usually I charge around $75 per hour, I bring my own setup and gear and sound guys. If we do more than three hours, 'll only charge $75 for the initial hour and then $50 from thereon out. Uhm, wow. $75 an hour? That's a little steep. That's actually my kama'aina rate, because you mentioned you know mutual friend That's also the lowest I can go. My rates are calculated based on gas money, gear maintenance, etc.

3.

Text - Wow. So you can't even lower it? No, I'm sorry. But there's gonna be 200 people there! The exposure would be fantastic. That should count for something.

4.

Blue - Ma'am, I mean this in the politest way possible- if I got paid a dollar for every single time someone offered me "exposure" in place of payment, I wouldn't need to be a working musician. So l'm sorry to you folks and mutual friend but that is my final price. Fantastic. I am telling everyone how ridiculous your prices are and exposing you. Good luck ever getting work on Kauai ever again

5.

Blue - I'll just book another musician. Someone out there is much smarter than you and will take what they can get. Ah, best of luck to you, because l'm about to tell all my musician buddies to watch out for a certain wasp of a woman looking for music for her wedding 9 happy hunting! Delivered iMessage

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment