Sunday, December 6, 2020

Biggest Bullets People Dodged


Sometimes, you just get lucky. It's like the universe intervenes on your behalf, and saves you from all kinds of untold suffering. It could be an online dating situation that takes on an air of startling creepiness, or maybe a literal bullet dodged. You never know. At least good fortune smiled down upon these blessed human beings. 

1.

Text - well_uh_yeah • 3h 4 Awards When my great aunt passed away I was helping to clean out her house. I'm just dragging everything out of the basement and suddenly my dad is like, "Whoa! Put that down gently and let's move away from here." Sol put the weird metal tube-type thing I'm carrying down and get out of there. Turns out it's a mortar shell from when my aunt worked in a munitions factor during WI. Bomb squad came and took it away. Reply 1 7.8k 3 ...

2.

Text - LegallyBodacious • 4h Not changing jobs in early 2020. Would have been a short lived promotion after early restructuring and layoffs. Reply 8.1k ...

3.

Text - ThadisJones • 3h Not me, but I had a field service engineer working on one of my big robotic liquid handlers. He decided to bypass the safety pin that prevents the heads from moving while the cover is open while he had a diagnostic program queued up on the computer. What he didn't know was that the instant he reinserted the safety pin the machine would execute the queued instructions and start moving, and he had a hand inside it right in the danger zone. I grabbed his shoulder and yanked

4.

Text - DelsieTowery • 5h 1 Award Didn't lend money to a "friend" because I was broke, few months later he disappeared with several thousands he had stolen from my other friends Reply 15.7k ...

5.

Text - Nattie2312 • 5h 1 Award A rocket fell about 50 meters from me.. The ceiling started to crumble a bit, but I was ok, except a mild PTSD Reply 595 •..

6.

Text - dgerson • 3h So about 20 something years ago, I was on my way to an interview through a suburb of Washington DC. That particular road has you driving at a not-so-slow speed, with no shoulders and sidewalks with many pedestrians. A woman standing on the sidewalk stepped backwards into the roadway just as I was approaching. Slammed on the breaks, honked, and she turned slightly. I stop and get out and she's rolling around clutching her foot, wailing about her foot getting rolled over. My he

7.

Text - Axeman1721 • 2h 1 Award When I was in middle school I wanted to buy a fedora, but none could fit my head. + Reply 1.2k ...

8.

Text - doesitmatter83 • 2h Have a recent one. I was working with clients on their premises (marketing consultant) . Had two clients that were huge covidiots, antimaskers. Always made fun of my diligent mask wearing and keeping the distance. When the second wave started to hit, I was luckily able to stay at home and stopped working for them. Guess who got covid just a couple of weeks later. One of those clients, they all got it., every single employee and their families. Yeah, I dodged one there.

9.

Text - seeing_red415• 3h I was walking down the street in downtown Chicago and I heard a loud bang followed by a woman screaming. Somebody dropped a full 2 liter bottle of soda from the 13 floor and it just missed me. It was essentially a giant bullet at that height and speed. The woman screaming was about 5 feet behind me (she was the 2nd closest to being hit). I'm pretty sure that bottle would have killed me if it hit me. Reply 1 7.7k 3 ...

10.

Text - khendron • 2h Many years ago, my flight had just landed at Chicago O'hare and the plane was taxiing when the pilot suddenly slammed on the brakes. People were literally thrown forward against the seat in front of them. A few seconds later, another plane (taking off I think) went screaming by right in front of us. No explanation was given, though our imaginations provided a lot of gory details. Reply 4 16 3 ...

11.

Text - AnonymousHornyGuy_ • 5h 3 1 Award A literal police car. The police were chasing someone and I was crossing the road and my dumbass was walkin slowly and the police car nearly grazed me. Look both ways and take off your headphones when you cross the road kids!! Reply 3.5k •..

12.

Text - mlahut • 2h Freshman year of college I had a calc class. It was material I had learned before, but for various reasons they didn't give me transfer credit. So I skipped class quite frequently. Though I usually slept in, one morning I find myself awake at 8:30 and not really feeling like sleep. Might as well check in on the class and see what's going on. It was the midterm exam. Reply 1 623 ...

13.

Text - StanMarsh02 • 5h Missed a train by seconds, got on the one after, the one I missed hit someone. Reply 1.9k ...

14.

Text - richardastley666• 5h i was flying overseas and taking a lufthansa flight, i found out later that the same flight a week later had crashed Reply 279 •..

15.

Text - fatbongo • 2h not having children with my ex and no it's not because she's psycho or anything as time my interest in children has lessened to the point where being somewhere where they are or hearing anyone mentioning their children actually bores me to the point it hurts I would have been a shitty father and l'll never deny it Q Reply 36 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment