Monday, November 2, 2020

Woman Reveals New Fiancé At Ex's Wedding


Man the dynamics of this whole wedding sound like a bit of a mess. You've got the woman attending the wedding of an ex that cheated on her with his coworker. On top of that you then have the guy calling her after the wedding to whine about her taking the attention away from him on his big day, because she was pregnant. By the way, a pregnancy that she never announced on a loud speaker or anything. It really sounds like she was just trying to go with the flow, and do what people asked of her. The folks in the comments section seem to be in agreement that she wasn't in the wrong in this scenario. 

1.

Text - AITA for taking the attention away from the bride at the wedding and making it "about me" Please excuse any errors! | (28F) as currently 6 months pregnant and am engaged to a wonderful man. Due to the craziness, only a limited people know about our news because we aren't the "announcing" type. Also, it was a quick engagement because of the pregnancy (but we love each other) and we didn't want to showcase all that. I also have a 11 year old with my ex who I was married to for 9 years, but

2.

Text - The thing is, no one from that side knew l'm pregnant. I didn't tell my ex because of personal reasons. Also, my fiancé is also quite an influential man where I'm from and is well known. My ex knows l'm dating someone since I was allowed a plus one for the wedding but he doesn't know who. This plays into the wedding. I didn't really think of it much as they kept it a small event. I really didn't want to go but did for the sake of my son since I can't let him go alone.

3.

Text - We all showed up and naturally, people gravitated toward my fiancé, asking him what he was doing here and then learning about the pregnancy and engagement. They were fascinated. It was all quite annoying and I played the pregnant lady card quite a few times so l could get some peace at an event that I didn't even want to be at. They got married and it was over. We went home, no fuss. The next day, my ex calls me (never does this lol) and starts ranting to me about how I ruined the wedding

4.

Text - angered that we played happy family in front of him when he was the one getting married. Second, my fiancé is not only my date but also the guy i'm marrying and l'm engaged to and everyone got to know about it on their day, taking away all the excitement from the wedding. That point, I said that I was sorry for and agreed that it probably did distract from the wedding. However, I didn't know what I should've done. It's not like I could make everything disappear for the night. I'm not comf

5.

Text - Oersted95 • 7h 1 Award Did you shout "I'm pregnant" from a megaphone? Did he tell you to not bring your fiancé? Did you call the people around you? No, no and no? Then NTA Reply 4.8k

6.

Text - PogTheDruid • 7h • Asshole Enthusiast [5] NTA He most likely wanted you to be the miserable ex at his wedding to his new wife and you didn't play the part because your not. You did an amazing job of being their for your son so he could see his dad get married, you didn't fight that and you did great. Also record what negative things your ex try's to say to your kid for legal reasons in case you ever need it , stay safe Reply 1.0k ...

7.

Text - BeatingsGalore • 7h • Asshole Enthusiast [8] NTA Since he wasn't going to be paying attention to his son, that job was left to you. Since you were pregnant and dealing with a kid with needs, it makes sense to have your fiancee there. YOU didn't make them gossip or whatever. The fact that you are pregnant and engaged is not something that you asked out of the blue to be there for, you had to be there for your son. The problem is that ex is jealous. And that's on him. It didn't take away "a

8.

Text - always_its_spring • 5h NTA hahahaha I love this story so much. He cheated on you because he thought he could do better and now he's angry and bitter because it turns out YOU were the one who could do better. Don't engage with this nonsense. Stay classy. If necessary drop a casual "I'm sure we don't need to get into the reasons our marriage ended, but I'm so happy now and I wish the best for you :)" Enjoy your awesome fiancee, your new pregnancy, and don't let your loser cheating ex kill y

9.

Text - TerrifiedSquid • 7h • Partassipant [3] NTA - Be glad he's the ex. l'd apologize, but only with something like... "I'm sorry, Ex.. You're right. I DID get pregnant by this man, and plan to marry him ALL SO I COULD ONE UP YOU AT YOUR WEDDING. Yes, that sounds completely reasonable. You are so important in my life that I needed to completely alter my life to one up you on a single day of yours. Are you serious? Get Real Dude." <- something like that is snarky enough that you're not actually

10.

Text - WeakBeyond1 • 6h NTA. So, the day after his wedding, literally what could be his honeymoon time, he calls his ex-wife to whine about her happiness? Haha, yeah, their marriage ain't gonna last. Good on you OP and enjoy the shit show. Reply 1 121

11.

Text - mrsbuttermango • 7h NTA, if you did not purposely try to upstage them (if you were honest in what you wrote). I'm guessing your ex and his new wife allowed you to attend the wedding because they wanted to rub their happiness in your face, but the tables turned when you showed up with an even better guy and a bun in the oven. Your ex was just upset he lost...and since he was the one who cheated, l'd say he got his come-uppance. But you might be the AH if you purposely did that to show him

12.

Text - Trixlx • 5h Nta. The world works in mysterious ways. They both intentionally ruined your marriage. You unintentionally ruined their wedding by having a more exciting life while watching ex marry his side piece. Congrats on winning the divorce and coming out of it with a growing blended family that makes you happy AND pisses ex off! Reply 20 ...

13.

Text - Cocoasneeze • 6h • Professor Emeritass [76] NTA. Tell your ex, that he should be happy, that both of you have moved on and are happy. Creating stupid drama which is what he's doing, is immature, and dragging your son into it is bad parenting. Tell him to move on, he should be a happy newly married man instead of calling you bitter and upset. Reply 8 ...

14.

Text - OneTwoWee000 • 3h • Asshole Aficionado [11] NTA My ex brought my son into this and asked him to tell me to apologize to his wife for making their whole wedding about me. My son disagrees and says that I did nothing wrong, but he's 11. At 11 years old your son is smarter than your asshole ex! It was highly inappropriate for him to bring your child into a disagreement the parents were having. OP, you "won" the break up and your Ex is salty about it. You've upgraded with a better man, you're

15.

Text - mongoooses • 5h • Asshole Aficionado [11] NTA It's not your fault that the other guests don't have the manners to pay attention to the bride and groom. I don't care who shows up to a wedding. You look over, maybe tell your date "Oh wow, this is unexpected" and then you act like a wedding guest. People lose their damned minds around famous people. They're just people. That's not your fault. Reply 8

16.

Text - nomad_117 • 5h NTA, congrats on the baby and engagement. Don't mind your ex and his mom (I'm puzzled why she wanted you there). You were invited, mingled and left. You couldn't hid the fact that you were pregnant and people were naturally curious. Ex is jealous that someone better than him wants to be a part of your life and I guess it's not making him look good. Reply ...

17.

Text - perapixi • 3h NTA .. like just NTA. You did nothing wrong. In fact you did nothing, people around you were the ones at fault, he should have called them not you. You were minding your own business. ..... Reply

18.

Text - fruitbat1994 • 5h NTA - Its not like you could have planned your pregnancy to coincide with their wedding! Also you son, even at 11, is right. Reply ...

19.

Text - OrangeStrawberryJ • 4h NTA. You just came as you are, with the person who you are with. Your ex is a dimwit. Reply ...

20.

Text - scottishgirlsyndrome • 6h • Asshole Enthusiast [8] NTA. I mean considering you're six months, it's quite obvious you are pregnant. Did they just expect you to be able to hide it easily? Reply 23 ...

21.

Text - quiet1687 • 7h NTA, but please don't bring your son into this it's not his fight and will just put a ton of pressure on him Reply 27 ...

22.

Text - stayweirditsnormal • 6h • Asshole Enthusiast [6] NTA. You can tell you ex that it was either you didn't go meaning your son couldn't go, or you do go which you did. Either way it was a lose/lose situation for your ex so at least his son was able to be there too. You did nothing wrong. Reply ...

23.

Text - asian-disappointment • 4h NTA, and your son sounds sweet for siding with you. He knows that you did nothing wrong. Your ex's family decided to focus on your family, it's already out of your control. Reply ...

24.

Text - PMDDBitch • 4h NTA. The nerve of him to invite the woman he cheated on to his wedding to his side piece. I'm baffled why you agreed to attend instead of telling him to pound sand. Reply ...

25.

Text - Morrigan-71 • 3h NTA. But could it be you were not only invited due to the complicated custody agreement, but also out of pettiness he and the woman he cheated on you with were getting married and they assumed you were still single and struggling? And that they're pissed because it didn't work out as planned and even kind of backfired on themselves? I think his mother wanting you there because you're her grandson's mother is odd, allthough it could be understandable if you divorced as fri

26.

Text - judge1492 · 5h • Partassipant [4] NTA. Darn, his master plan of rubbing his awesome new life in your face failed when it turned out your life is better. How sad for him. Ahhhh.....karma. Congrats on the baby and fiancé. Reply 5

27.

Text - Professional_Duck564 • 2h NTA. you "had" to be there so yeah - people wonder. Not as if you went on the podium and shout "hi all - i`m pregnant and will be getting married to Mr. Universe in 2 weeks - kthxbye".... Reply Vote ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment