Monday, November 2, 2020

Times People Realized They Were The Jerk


There are times when we make assumptions or statements without realizing the full scope of the situation, and we end up paying for it. Sometimes that realization happens right away and other times it takes a little while. There are also times when we straight up know we're doing some unsavory business while we're doing it.  There are just some regret-filled times when people realize they're the bad guy.

1.

Text - ZZVN 31.2k points · 1 day ago e 3 & 7 More "What's your name?" I asked. "Shara." [Trying to be playful.] "Oh cool, like 'Sarah- with-a-lisp." "I have a lisp. My name is Sarah." Oof.

2.

Text - Zannishi_Hoshor 27.1k points · 1 day ago I was drunk at a pub and shouted for the band to play Free Bird. They stopped in the middle of the song they were playing, started up Free Bird and called me up on stage to sing it. I froze, forgot all the lyrics and made an absolute ass of myself. Props to that band though.

3.

Text - lepidotesshow 18.3k points · 1 day ago 22 3 & 7 More I blamed my fart on a mentally challenged boy in fifth grade...

4.

Text - Gokanoza 8.6k points · 1 day ago In middle school, I saw a kid walking around with a fanny pack, so I snickered and said: "Nice fanny pack". He said: "It's for my insulin. Just got diagnosed with diabetes."

5.

Text - EMFB 16.7k points · 1 day ago S 2 I was in the Army, making fun of a guy, said he couldn't even get a medal for something in the special Olympics. He then pointed out his daughter was in the special Olympics. I profusely apologized, and he accepted, but it still keeps me awake at night.

6.

Text - Broncos_Fan 16.1k points · 1 day ago I was making fun of an old guy I'd seen outside our school at a basketball tournament to some friends in the locker room. He looked and talked like Farmer Fran from the Waterboy. Turned out to be the dad of one of the guys I was talking to. Still can't even think of that movie without it bringing up endless amounts of shame.

7.

Text - Ordinary_Shallot_674 11.5k points · 1 day ago e In early high school, late 90's, so if you got a girls number it was the house number- I called a girls house and her dad answered. She was out, but I noticed his speech was a bit slow and slurred. Next day at school I mentioned I had called, and asked if her dad had been drinking..well turns out he didn't drink much since his stroke. Still feel awful about that!

8.

Text - PuttPuttSavedTheZoo 11.0k points · 1 day ago 2 2 I was driving down a road and a lot of people were honking and yelling at me on the street. I got angry and flipped a bunch of people off and honked back. At the end of the street I saw a one way sign and realized I was going in the wrong direction

9.

Text - Current-Dot 490 points · 1 day ago I had one a few years ago. I was heavy... I still am, but less so today (thank god). But I was in the car with my Mom and I was waiting for this semi overweight lady to walk across the street. As she's walking the street, I absentmindedly say "Get a move on, land whale." My mom turns to me and says "look who's talking, she's thinner than you." You know you're fat when your mom doesn't let you make fat jokes anymore.

10.

Text - Danwoll 8.3k points · 1 day ago Years ago I went into a hot topic and as I was at the register, the girl working started telling me about all the new Metallica shirts they had gotten. For some reason, I told her I wasn't really into wearing band shirts anymore, which was mostly true, and even though I didn't mean to, it came out sounding really snobbish. At the time, I thought her reaction was kinda strange, even accounting for my accidental condescension. Shortly after I left the store I

11.

Text - The_Crusadyr 8.2k points · 1 day ago Someone I hadn't talked to in years came up to me and started telling me about how they haven't been doing that good lately and that they found out they have cancer. Well... I was at work and only half paying attention so after he stopped talking I said "That's good." Haven't seen him since.

12.

Text - saltedaqua 41.3k points · 1 day ago 2 O3 S7 & 5 More When I realized the reason I've lost so many friends is that I'm so shitty at getting back to people.

13.

Text - Litlisa12 3.8k points · 1 day ago Every time my kid asks to try what I'm eating i always say that's it's spicy and he won't like it so i don't have to share

14.

Text - Awkward_Mashedpotato 3.2k points · 1 day ago Told a girl I liked her accent and asked her where she was from. She told me she had a speech impediment.

15.

Text - AmIYourNeighbor 3.1k points · 1 day ago A lady told me she was hospitalized for months after she fell asleep at the wheel and drove her car off a cliff. She said she woke up right when the wheels went over, and I asked her "Was it worth it?" She stared at me, wondering what I meant, so I continued, "now you know what it's like to fly in a car!"

16.

Text - Tkopertlo 2.7k points · 1 day ago Teacher here... walked into my coworker's classroom, loudly and obnoxiously mocking a man from the district who is supposed to help us with instruction and provide support. She ushers me out of her room immediately and starts laughing, cause he was sitting in there to observe her next class.

17.

Text - Gummy_Python 2.4k points · 1 day ago I honked my horn at a car that stopped and blocked the road. Only for a really really really old frail woman to slowly get out and very very slowly get across to a food shop. This was during (the last) lockdown. And was probably the only way she could get food. I still lie awake wishing I could say sorry, but it wasn't possible.

18.

Text - ShibbyMonster24 1.6k points · 1 day ago I rang and paid for a mowing service and when the guy rocked up, i started telling him that i cant mow the lawn myself anymore as my injured ankle would play up and hurt for the rest of the day.. Then he got out of the car and i realised he was an amputee from the knee down...

19.

Text - jellybeann 1.2k points · 1 day ago S I grew up fairly poor and as a kid, the concept of money didn't mean much to me. I just knew we had less things than the other kids in my class. So when the Nintendo started getting super popular, I asked my mum for one. She obviously refused since we couldn't afford it but apparently, later on that evening I had drawn a picture of a Nintendo along with a comic strip of me and my mum playing a game on it together. Apparently she had stayed up that enti

20.

Text - HighlyUnaccomplished 953 points · 1 day ago I walked into Home Depot bathroom one evening just before close. As soon as I went in I heard a sad voice from the stall say “Hello? Can you get me some toilet paper?" I proceeded to slowly back out, hop in my car and go home. I don't why I did it but I choose my path that day

Submitted by:

Tagged: horrible , wtf , Awkward , jerk , stories , funny

No comments:

Post a Comment