Monday, November 2, 2020

Hotel Guest Refuses To Be Reasonable, Gets Kicked Out


Gotta love it when the customer gets rightfully fired. This particular hotel guest refused to be reasonable at all when it came to their checkout time. Even after the pregnant, exhausted concierge met them in the middle, they still proceeded to repeatedly complain and harass them. So, the concierge decided it was time for them to leave. Seems like the very fair and right move to make. 

1.

Text - a r/TalesFromTheFrontDesk u/PoisonRainbows • 2y + Join 1 Can I get a 4pm checkout? -says the booking.com dude paying $69 on a sold out, hectic weekend. Long Booking.com guest (BG) calls down at 8am and says "I requested a late checkout and wanted to make sure that went through" Weird, because 1) there's nothing noted on the reservation, 2) we were sold out and not offering late checkouts, and 3) they were paying $69 for their room. Me: I'm sorry but that was not noted here and we are not

2.

Text - Me: I'm sorry but that's a request, not a guarantee. Booking.com also didn't notify us of that request so you should contact them if there was a miscommunication BG: I stay here every weekend and always get a late checkout!!! Me: I'm sorry but you've only stayed here once before. We were nice enough to offer you a late checkout because we were only 40% occupied. Today I am 100% sold out. So your check out time is at noon today. BG. I want to speak to a manager! Me: I am the manager and I

3.

Text - Me: I am the only manager available today. Your check out time is at noon, sir. If we weren't so busy, then I would just loooove to give you a later checkout time. But today we cannot offer late checkouts to anyone. BG: I don't understand how I can ALWAYS get a late checkout at 4pm but YOU are telling me that I can't! Me: like I said, it's based on availability. I cannot offer late checkouts today because I am 100% sold out. And housekeeping staff needs time to ensure all rooms are clean

4.

Text - Well rather than take the 1pm and thank me, this prick continues to argue. BG: I'll take the 1pm, but if you call your other manager and ask her you'll find it weird because she will say she has always given me a 4pm checkout! I just don't understand why you can't give me that. I stayed here every weekend and you were NOT slow. You were booked up top to bottom! Me: sir le worked every weekend for the last year. And every weekend since July has NOT been sold out. I can tell you that right

5.

Text - He then starts yelling at me and calling me a liar and accusing me of being racist. So I hang up. Every 5 minutes afterwards he calls back down to harass me and bitch about why I deserved a 4pm checkout instead of 1pm. I'd repeat myself and say "1pm is the latest time I can offer you". He would hand his phone to his girlfriend or say "can you believe this? She says xyz" to her in the background. The girlfriend would say "that's not what you said the last phone call!!!" If I would repeat m

6.

Text - Me: okay you know what, sir? You are just calling down to harass and disrespect me at this point by calling me a racist liar and arguing with me... and I am not okay with this. I've gone above and beyond to at least offer you a 1pm checkout since it is that important to you. But since you don't want to take that offer and continue to call down every 5 minutes to be rude to me, I am taking my offer back and asking you to leave the property. You have 30 minutes to gather your things and lea

7.

Text - Didn't hear back from them but saw an angry dude grumbling something to himself about our shitty little hotel while getting a luggage cart. Called the room 45 minutes later and no answer. Good riddance. 4.5k 200 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment