Saturday, November 28, 2020

Uncle Can't Handle Vegan Meal At Wedding, Demands Meat Meal


As much drama as there is over dietary restrictions, like this vegan mom who was upset that her stolen candy wasn't vegan or this vegan stepdaughter who couldn't stand that a cat wasn't vegan, it's fun to see the reversal. Here's the meat-eating uncle making a fuss over a single vegan meal he'll have to eat at a wedding. It's a free meal, dude.

1.

Text - Posted by u/AITAvegwedding 7 hours ago A 19 9 13 e11 S 13 11 AITA for serving vegan food at my wedding? My fiance and I are getting married in June next year. We're both vegans, and although we don't judge those who are not vegan, we wanted to serve vegan food at our wedding. We found a vegan caterer. When we sent out invitations, we added a note saying that the food will be vegan. We also asked that everyone who has any specific dietary requirements let us know. The note made it clear th

2.

Text - Soon after the invitations went out, my aunt phoned us in a huff. My uncle does not want vegan food; he needs to eat meat, she said. I asked what his dietary requirements are, thinking that he has a specific medical condition and cannot eat a vegan meal. She said his reasons are "cultural" and he must eat meat. I said that's not really a good enough reason, we all come from the same culture and it's not like it's a sin to not eat meat with every single meal. I explained to her that I woul

3.

Text - Weeks went by. The only people who had dietary requirements were three cousins, who eat a low-carb diet. My vegan caterer came up with vegan, low-carb meals, and my cousins were happy with this plan. Upon hearing this, my aunt phoned me again, angrier this time, asking why my uncle can't be catered for because he "doesn't like" vegan food. I refused again. I told her that the food consists of things I KNOW he eats anyway: vegetables, coconut, nuts, etc. I went through a list of ingredient

4.

Text - Now my aunt isn't talking to me, and is instead talking shit about me to all my family members. I told her that they are welcome to simply not attend the wedding if they're going to bitch about the food. I understand that veganism is not possible or sustainable for many people in the long-term but come on - it's ONE meal, that is FREE. AITA? I don't want to seem like a "pushy vegan" but I also don't want to pay for meat unless I have to. Again, it's one meal out of their whole life.

5.

Text - a79j Partassipant [2] 15.3k points · 7 hours ago · edited 4 hours ago 3 S NTA. Like you said, it is one meal and it's FREE. And most importantly, it is YOUR wedding.

6.

Text - Xstitchpixels Colo-rectal Surgeon [35] 3.3k points · 7 hours ago NTA. Your wedding for one thing. If people don't want to eat vegan, they simply don't have to eat the free meal. And this is coming from a meat eating guy

7.

Text - Hippocr1t 1.5k points · 7 hours ago NTA my cousin served vegan food at her wedding. It was delicious. Your aunt is being a pain.

8.

Text - green-sun 1.2k points · 7 hours ago · edited 7 hours ago NTA It's your wedding, it's a free meal, and you already have the caterer. The only thing you've done wrong was the McD's/Kiddy table comment, but given the bs going on it's forgivable.

9.

Text - Vixen7-9 Asshole Enthusiast [7] 924 points · 7 hours ago Oh dear - how will I, a meat eater, ever survive without meat for less than a day? Your aunt is being a big baby. Can't say for sure your uncle is, since he said nothing, for all we know your aunt used him as an excuse. Or maybe he's being a baby too. NTA. Tell her they can go to a steakhouse while the adults attend the wedding.

10.

Text - madmidnito Partassipant [1] 713 points - 7 hours ago NTA. Even Ron Swanson would keep his mouth shut on this and just eat a Paunch Burger before (and after). They have no class.

11.

Text - sunshinebus_ 275 points · 7 hours ago NTA. Not even a tiny bit. It's your wedding and your choice. You've catered for those who have specific requirements so you're already doing your best. Maybe he can bring a little Tupperware box of ham or something to keep him from wasting away after being forced to eat one plant based (free) meal...

12.

Text - Revo63 Certified Proctologist [23] 139 points · 7 hours ago NTA. You are handling that bossy aunt exactly the right way. It's your wedding, you're paying for the meals, you get to decide. They have the option of not attending.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment