Saturday, November 28, 2020

People's "I Don't Get Paid Enough for This" Moments


At some unfortunate jobs, your boss doesn't pay attention to your job description, and will make you do whatever you're willing to do. At other jobs, you're basically a punching bag for mindless customers. There's so much a person is willing to take for ten bucks an hour, and there are times when we're compelled to say "screw this, I'm out."

1.

Text - From-the-Trailerpark 43.9k points · 23 hours ago 5 4 & 17 More plumber Owner of a mobile home called and said they had a stinky yard. I could smell it when I pulled up. the mobile home was new and had only been set up for about 8 months. while setting it up, someone didn't tighten a no-hub band of the toilet in the kids bathroom. 8 months of flushed toilet was all over the ground, under the home and had just started being noticed outside. I told the homeowner to call the guys that set it

2.

Text - Skrivus 26.2k points · 23 hours ago · edited 22 hours ago 4 2 S I worked at circuit city when I was 17. Heard a noise of packaging being opened in the movie section, found a guy crouched down cutting open dvd boxes & stealing the discs. He looked at me, held his knife out and said "Got a problem?" I just replied "I don't get paid enough for this shit" & backed off. I went to the back room of the warehouse area to call a manager to tell them what happened. Never could get a hold of anyone

3.

Text - TFAJubilee 26.0k points · 23 hours ago 3 38 E 15 When I was doing 90% of my boss' job in hopes of a full time promotion that I had been promised for three years and he took all the credit and told me my promotion wasn't in the budget.

4.

Text - StanDarkloard 24.9k points · 23 hours ago - edited 20 hours ago I was volunteering at a state park. One of the (paid) park rangers would drive people around to 2 various locations to work. Then come check on you throughout the day. Bitch tried to drop me off at the bathrooms and told me to clean them. I was like, "Nope, that's not happening. I'm here to work OUTSIDE." She told me, "You're gonna do whatever I tell you to do or I won't sign off on your hours." Then I had to explain that not

5.

Text - Think-Anywhere-7751 22.6k points · 23 hours ago 3 I worked at a heating and air conditioning company doing bookkeeping. I was being trained by the companies accountant. If I made a mistake the owner would literally scream at me full voice. I overheard him talking to his brother and his brother had told him not to scream at me. The owner said, "you have to tear them down to build them up." I decided I wasn't going to take another day of his screaming after that.

6.

Text - Historical-Foot99 22.5k points · 21 hours ago 5 O3 2 & 10 More Grocery store cashier. The customer was angry because her cereal had rung up wrong. I called a price check and this lady berated me the whole time. I recall that she accused me of trying to steal from her. Said she was going to get me fired. I looked at her and said, "I make $7.25 per hour no matter how much you pay for this cereal, so I do not give a shit how this situation turns out." She stared at me in shock. The price che

7.

Text - delaneyk19 19.7k points · 23 hours ago 2 3 3 I ran the entire company's financials and general management for $14/hr. I had a meeting with the owner telling him I need a raise and to hire an assistant, he told me I wasn't “business minded" and should be a stay at home mom. I quit the next day.

8.

Text - ghostposer 3.5k points · 22 hours ago · edited 9 hours ago 3 Working for a popular grocery store, the amount of people that think the workers are stupid are astounding.. the produce all have codes and sometimes I forget. To the customer, this looks like I simply don't know what a broccoli is. They're like "it's broccoli" in a condescending tone, and I just have to brush it off. It happens so many times, and though it's not terrible it really gets me down sometimes. Most people assume reta

9.

Text - Frgmn7669 17.4k points · 22 hours ago 9 7 4 3 8 E 12 Bagging groceries at a major supermarket. The manager came over to tell me that I needed to clean up the bathroom. An elderly gentleman fell off the toilet while pooping and it was a literal shitshow. Apparently I was the most qualified because I was 16. I was handed a broom and a dustpan. I shit you not (sorry had to.) My reward for going above and beyond the call of duty? Five dollars in store coupons. Sometimes dreams really do come

10.

Text - juneauboe 4.2k points · 23 hours ago Barista Grabby customer grabs drink on the counter, tastes it, says, "This isn't mine. I ordered a vanilla latté. This is also iced." I proceed to tell her it's clearly not her drink she picked up then. Am currently making Grabby's drink, then have to double back to make the previous drink for the customer it was originally intended for. Again. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Customer service should definitely be paid more.

11.

Text - stateofyou 14.5k points · 23 hours ago · edited 12 hours ago Doing volunteer work and some busybody started bossing me around like they were in charge (a neighborhood association type person). I told them to back the fuck off. It took a couple of seconds for people to realize that the person barking orders wasn't a boss, but an asshole that was used to being in control.

12.

Text - Architect17 13.4k points · 23 hours ago · edited 19 hours ago 22 3 2 I was working in a grocery store one time, and as I was checking people out, one lady came up to me and the very first thing out of her mouth was: "You're a failure and an embarrassment to humanity. If you were my kid I'd beat your ass right here right now." I had done literally nothing but ask how she was. Like what. Then her card declined Imao.

13.

Text - CDC_ 12.1k points · 23 hours ago I worked at walmart for less than a month in 2009. I scanned a big box fan for a guy and it didn't ring up, so I said "I gotta do a price check on this, I apologize." The guy said "It's $24.99 you fucking idiot." I stared at him for a moment, then reached up and turned my little register light off, turned around, walked out to my car, and went home. Fuck that shit.

14.

Text - Eeyores_Prozac 12.1k points · 1 day ago I used to work in a mall music store, back when that was a thing. There was a corporate policy to play new music regularly, y'know, because that's the fucking thing you're trying to sellI. My boss, every single day she worked, would play the entire Madonna album, Ray of Light. Hours of the same eight fucking songs. For most of a year, until it was either go mad, commit murder, or bail. I bailed. That music franchise went under a little over a year l

15.

Text - TKOism 10.1k points · 23 hours ago · edited 51 minutes ago 2 3 2 Worked at a retail store. Fiends would come in occasionally looking to steal shit and the worst we could do legally was ask them to leave but my boss insisted we get physical with them, to which I obviously told her fuck no. I watched her chase one out of the store one day and she screams at me since I'm standing by the door like "TACKLE HIM" and I'm like uh no Imao

16.

Text - Foxnet93 8.7k points · 23 hours ago I have an mildly irrational fear of spiders. I was asked to help clean out an old storage area/shed type building. It was covered in dust and a ton of these big black spiders but a big enough space that I felt fine. Until my supervisor handed me a leaf blower and asked me to go through a back hallway with it. Opened the door to the hallway and it was cramped, just tall enough to be a little over my height and just wide enough for me to walk through. Exc

17.

Text - PhillyCheesesteakSub 8.3k points · 22 hours ago · edited 17 hours ago 2 Working in a grocery store meat department during Thanksgiving, when every third customer asks if you have any larger turkeys in the back. And insists you go back to the walk-in freezer and sift through multiple pallets of frozen turkeys for the 80th time today.

18.

Text - herpty_derpty 6.7k points · 23 hours ago · edited 23 hours ago Manager at a grocery store I worked in my teens refused to pay the waste management bill for several months. When they finally came and emptied the dumpster, there were still mounds of trash laying about around the area. He had me go out and clean all of it up alone. I didn't have any protective gear or supplies whatsoever, and was out in 100+ degree weather. I was only given a bunch of trash bags to put it into, and when I we

19.

Text - stickaforkimdone 6.3k points · 22 hours ago 4 3 5 Fish monger in a grocery store. We got a large number of lobsters in, soft-shelled and already dieing. So my manager decided we could at least sell their tails. Apparently lobsters don't really have a central nervous system, so when you sever the tails and put their tails on ice they freaking run away. So I had to chase these tails down because they've escaped into the rest of the display case, onto the floor, and hidden under our prep tab

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment