Friday, November 13, 2020

Times That Failure's Not An Option


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the times that failure is just not an option. Sometimes you're caught up in the middle of a perilous, adrenaline-charged event like skydiving and you literally have zero room for not performing everything perfectly. 

1.

Text - Baileythenerd • 1d O 3 6 Awards Skydiving. | Reply 1 11.1k ...

2.

White - alittlemore • 1d Landing a plane Reply 404 •.. +B

3.

Text - MR_System_ • 23h Giving birth. You either successfully deliver it, have a successful C-section, or you die trying and they remove the kid via C-section to see if it's alive. No matter what comes out, living or dead, you still gave birth, even if you died during it. You can't suck the kid back in. You cannot fail at giving birth. Reply 1 220 5 + ...

4.

Text - StarAxis • 1d 1 Award Those multiple choice questions that some teachers put in Kahoots where all of the answers are correct A Q Reply 4 6.3k ...

5.

Text - kingcobra5352• 20h 5 Awards A personal story. I had just started a new IT job back in 2017, working for my boss from a previous job. The CEO/owner of that company owned several other small businesses that I didn't work for. On my way home one day my boss calls me "Kingcobra... The CEO's biggest company just got hit by ransomware and he needs your help." I'm on a plane to Phoenix, AZ the next morning. I find out that every server, even backups, had been encrypted. If I didn't succeed hundr

6.

Text - jfpeoxa • 1d Professions related to health, within my family there are 2 doctors and 4 nurses and I can say that the pressure on them all the time is brutal, my mother tells me that the simple fact that a baby's umbilical cord becomes entangled in her neck can cause permanent damage. In addition, the relatives of the patients can sue you for negligence despite the fact that most of the time they are fortuitous errors. People often forget the fragility of life. Reply 84 3

7.

Text - littleredhoodlum • 1d 2 Awards I was backpacking in Alaska. I was being careless and had gotten turned around and lost the trail. Not a huge deal I'm pretty good at orienteering and I had a pretty good handle on where I was. Had plenty of food and water was everywhere. I decided to freak the fuck out though before I sat down and rationally though that out. The world is a big place when you're all alone in the wilderness. Once I calmed down I came to the decision that I had no choice but t

8.

White - skeeball_ray • 1d Free solo climbing Reply ...

9.

Text - 8-BIT-Chicken • 23h 7 Awards I was diagnosed with cancer back in 2018. Decided that l'd fight it tooth and nail with everything I had. That didn't last very long. Man, it was tiring. I gave it my all every single day, and eventually I just got so exhausted of it that I decided I was just gonna stop. It was so emotionally, physically, and mentally tiring, so I snapped, and decided that I was just gonna stop trying. It wasn't a suicidal kind of thing - I didn't want to die, but I wanted to

10.

Text - long-da-schlong • 20h Not as extreme as some examples -- but my partner is very much into horses, over the years we have gone "trail riding" a number of times. l am not experience with horses, but I have a bit of an edge to the point I am no longer a complete novice. That being said, a number of years ago -- we went riding at a very discount place. It was a lady with a couple of horses and she let us just hop on and go. No guide, none of the usual. My horse was the "bad boy" of the group

11.

Text - It was actually surprisingly comforting... knowing that even when I hit my very lowest points, life would keep on pushing me forward, and l'd still be making some sort of progress. I learned that day not to push through my chemotherapy with everything I had, but to instead spend my time relaxing and enjoying what I had around me. I made friends with the nurses, went on frequent walks, and valued the fact that I still had my life, cause I might not have been able to keep it for long. I acc

12.

Text - wehosh • 1d Failure to establish communication with relevant callsigns and equipment in a coal mine will result in termination. Failure to wear a seatbelt in a coal mine will be treated as a federal offense and result in a $250K fine, termination of employment, and incarceration. # Q Reply 4 551

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment