Friday, November 13, 2020

Boyfriend Judges Woman For Ordering "Immature" Food


Man oh man, it sounds like this woman's boyfriend is trying way too hard. The dude went out of his way to give his girlfriend trouble for simply ordering what she was feeling like at a restaurant. I also might add here, that mac and cheese is generally universally adored. Sounds like this dude seriously needs to get his priorities in check. 

1.

Text - AITA for ordering "immature" food at a fancy restaurant? Not the A-hole I went to a pretty nice restaurant with my boyfriend and his friends yesterday. They live out of town and I haven't met all of them before. It was us and four other people, all couples. My bf has known them since he was a teenager. They're all 7-8 years older than me and all have nice full time jobs and went to private school. If you got an entree at the place you could choose 2 sides. I got grilled chicken and Mac an

2.

Text - My boyfriend said I embarrassed him by getting a "little kid" food. I know my tastes aren't super upper crust but I don't see the issue since it's not like I ordered from the kiddie menu. I didn't like any of the other sides so idk why I should suffer through eating asparagus and quinoa just to seem like an adult. He already teases me for not liking salads or sushi and stuff that much. He says l'm not taking this seriously enough And l'm immature. he wanted me to make a good impression on

3.

Text - BlackWidow7d • 23h • Partassipant [3] NTA. As a matter of fact, l'd say run away from this guy. I was briefly married to a man like this who constantly belittled me and told me I had no class. And that is exactly what your bf did here. Seriously. Do you want to be a "grown up" if this is what it entails? l'd much rather be like a kid for as long as possible. Yes, I am response financially and have a nice home/car, but no one will tell me I can't eat a certain food because it is "kid" food

4.

Text - cyfermax • 23h • Prime Ministurd [412] 1 Award He says I'm not taking this seriously enough NTA. Run. I assume 'this' is...his ego? His appearance, or at least how you might reflect on it? Your partner is supposed to support you, not trash you for ordering food you like. Why does he think that food is on the menu? He's gross for making you feel bad about your food choices. Q Reply 981 ...

5.

Text - I know I'm more of a "burger and fries" girl than "Wagyu and whatever rich people eat." I didn't mean to embarrass him I just don't know what the protocol is, I didn't start eating at nice restaurants until after we started dating. ЕТА Wow I come back to over 500 notifications lol. And since a lot of you are concerned about it I do eat vegetables I just don't like lettuce or asparagus and some other stuff lol. I'm not living off of McD's, I don't even eat fast food. I'm also tired of gett

6.

Text - sabreyna • 23h • Asshole Enthusiast [6] NTA He probably thought about your age difference (and the potential 'embarrassment' which follows thanks to that) before and therefore over thought everything you did and said. Or his friends made fun of your age difference before and now he's pissed because you potentially 'gave' them more context to make fun of your relationship. Either way your bf is an insecure AH. If he isn't comfortable with dating someone over 7 years younger, he shouldn't d

7.

Text - Tiny_Goats • 22h 2 Awards NTA There's a quote from cs lewis : "when I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." Your boyfriend needs to man up. In the same vein, from my experience, people very concerned with looking classy are generally self conscious about their own lack of class. Nobody really upper class gives much of a shit what they look like to other people, at least not on that level. Order damn chicken nuggies

8.

Text - eviefrye89 · 23h NTA I'm sorry your bf is a dickhead. Reply 51 ...

9.

Text - yourlittlebirdie • 23h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [43] NTA. I have eaten a lot of "rich people food" and gone to a lot of fancy restaurants in my time and your post has made me want some truffle oil Mac and cheese right now. Yum. Your boyfriend is a jerk and also is trying too hard. E Q Reply 4 10.5k ...

10.

Text - Glitch1881 • 23h • Asshole Aficionado [12] NTA - even if you had ordered chicken fingers and fries. If it's on the "adult" menu, it's fair game. Sounds like your boyfriend is acting like a "little kid" with his judge mental crap. Reply 4 142 3 ...

11.

Text - serieann24 • 23h • Asshole Enthusiast [5] NTA There is nothing wrong with ordering what you want to eat where ever you are. Doesn't matter if it's at a 5 star resturant or Applebee's. Your boyfriend is TA. You eat how you eat. He should accept and be happy with that. If you were throwing a fit or being unreasonable or commenting on other people's foods, okay I could get him being embarrassed. But.. Doesnt sound like you were and.. Who the fuck cares. The world's on fire and his biggest co

12.

Text - zara_davidson • 23h NTA, eat what you want if it bothers him so much then he's more bothered about his appearance just for his friends then l'd say you can find someone better. I agree with you. Mac and cheese for the win always # Q Reply •..

13.

Text - movingon1200 • 23h • Partassipant [3] NTA. There's nothing wrong with what you ordered. Are his friends going to think less of you because you ordered grilled chicken? Reply 1 6 ...

14.

Text - dogfartsreallystink • 23h • Asshole Enthusiast [8] NTA. You ordered what you liked that's perfectly fine and don't need to apologize or defend yourself for your decisions no matter what they are. Might I suggest that maybe your boyfriend has issue with feeling like you lack an adventurous palate? Do you cook together or eat out more? Maybe try cooking a recipe together and try some new foods like asparagus and quinoa (they are actually very good and healthy for you!) Just talk with him ab

15.

Text - jaime_riri • 16h NTA. If they offer Mac n cheese it's probably not fancy. Besides, fuck that anyway. Sometimes I like to order chocolate milk. Reply 4 3 ...

16.

Text - axmantim • 23h • Partassipant [2] NTA. Not even a little bit. Mac and Cheese can be very "adult" when made right (how many kids like a mac and cheese with Brie and Gouda?) So like you said, it wasn't easy mac, it was a nicely prepared mac and cheese at a nice place. Reply 2.3k ...

17.

Text - sassybsassy • 22h NTA. Girl huge red flag here. I know it's only food,but it's a control issue. You know what you like and don't like. You shouldn't order food you don't like period. It's a waste of money and you'd still be hungry. Seems very snobbish. Mac and Cheese isn't childish food if made with truffle oil ffs. I hope you leave his ass before the control is so bad you can't get out safely. Q Reply 37 ...

18.

Text - cfb362 • 22h NTA. The fact that your boyfriend is so concerned with appearances disturbs me Reply ...

19.

Text - mekta_satak_oz • 23h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [42] 2 Awards NTA That's why guys like this date younger, because women his age tell him to stick his snobbery up his ass. He enjoys patronising you. Reply 1 864 ...

20.

Text - meatcube • 23h • Partassipant [4] NTA - OP, don't let other people yuck your yum! But also don't be afraid to try new things, our tastes change as we age. Experiment!!! Reply 1 19 ...

21.

Text - princessofperky • 23h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [34] NTA I love fancy restaurants and what you ordered was perfectly fine. Its on the menu. Means you can order it at that restaurant. Also mac and cheese is delicious You guys might just be incompatible. He might want someone who is more adventurous food wise Reply ...

22.

Text - FITeacher • 21h NTA. My partner loves fancy food, and for years I would order a 30 dollar plate of salmon or whatever that I didn't really want. It took me a while to confess I was not enjoying our fancy dinners out because I didn't enjoy the food. Who am I trying to impress, the waiter? Now she gets fancy, and I get french fries and a bowl of soup. Reply ...

23.

Text - RazMoon • 21h NTA - It was on the menu. He's so out of line it's not funny. You ordered what was on the menu. Also it trends in and out, classing up comfort food. He has no clue. He has no business policing your dinner choice and shaming you. OP you can do better by getting rid of this guy. Reply 3 3 ...

24.

Text - marbal05 • 22h • Asshole Aficionado [11] NTA- don't let your bf talk to you like that. You can order whatever you please, even off the kiddie menu. I hate the textures of most foods and am pretty picky. I've ordered off the kids menu with my bf and friends before and he's never been embarrassed. He may make a joke but it's friendly. If your bf is embarrassed of you, that is his problem and honestly I question if he loves you as much as you think he does if this is what's concerning him Q

25.

Text - JOsey_W4les_23 • 22h • Asshole Aficionado [16] NTA - Seeing as every nice restaurant I've eaten at in the last couple years has prided itself on serving bougie versions of standard fare, think $40 chicken and waffles, l'd wager your BF is a wannabe food snob. He is being an asshole and you can and should disregard his opinion on this. Just don't ask for ketchup when you get a nice steak, only assholes do that. Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment