Friday, November 13, 2020

Dad Uses Big Boat To Take Revenge On Lake Scoundrels


You're bound to cross paths with some interesting walks of life at the lake. It's a place where many go to escape the daily stresses of life, and just try to catch their breath by the water. Well, when you throw a couple inconsiderate, loud degenerates into the mix, the environment is ripe for conflict. In this case, the conflict took on the face of a well executed petty revenge. Dad wasn't playing any games. 

1.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/WebberWoods • 3y "It's a free lake, isn't it?" This happened a couple years ago at my parents' cottage. This cottage community used to be pretty sparsely populated and felt pretty remote...back in the 60s when my Dad was a kid. These days it's completely built up and feels more like a subdivision with water between the houses instead of roads. A sunny summer Saturday can get really busy. My Dad, however, still likes to go up there for a quiet relaxing experience---

2.

Text - Then one day my parents, myself, and one of their friends are sitting on the dock, enjoying a quiet drink as afternoon turns to evening, when they see two fishermen in a pontoon boat pull around the point of the island, trolling along the waterline. This happens sometimes, and isn't a big deal so long as people are respectful. These two were not. As they get closer and closer to the dock, it becomes clear that they just don't give a crap. They end up trolling right by the dock. And I mean

3.

Text - By this point, they are already trolling past, getting further away from the dock. My Dad was pretty annoyed, but that could have been the end of it---that is, until Tweedledum decided that he would throw his empty beer bottle into the lake. Now my Dad likes his privacy, but he loves the natural beauty of the Canadian North. One time when we were young and stupid, my brother, myself, and a bunch of our friends were pretty drunk and decided it would be smart to throw our empties at a nearb

4.

Text - When Tweedledum threw the bottle in the lake, my Dad became committed to his petty revenge. Without a word, he walked over to our big steel boat (not exactly like this, but close...quite the beast by this lake's standards), untied it, and hopped in. I jumped in at the last minute just to make sure he didn't get his ass kicked or something. But, to my surprise, he didn't go over there to give them a piece of his mind. He just adjusted the speed and trim of his boat to make the biggest wave

5.

Text - My Dad just smiled at them. "Hey, it's a free lake, isn't it?" They just grumbled, flipped us off again, and took off. We followed them for a bit, but once they were a kilometre or so from our island we peeled off and went home to enjoy the rest of our evening in peace. Edit: Please, let me clarify a few things.

6.

Text - To the people saying that there is nothing wrong with fishing close to a dock---fair, but there's gotta be some respect and common courtesy there. Our dock is a small L-shape and they were inside the L. I could have hopped onto their boat with ease. Just go around, especially when the owners are there using it. Most people who troll by will clear both ends of the docks by at least ten feet, we maybe exchange a nod/wave and we get on with our lives. These guys were just so unconcerned with

7.

Text - To those concerned about the safety of the circling maneuver---I should've specified that he was decently far away. They got their feet wet, maybe ruined a pack of cigarettes or something, but there was never any danger to either boat or any of the people in them. Was it illegal? I dunno, probably. Is my Dad an asshole? Generally no, but he certainly can be. I never claimed that he was 100% in the right. After all, aren't we here for a bit of pettiness? 6.2k 292 1, Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment