Friday, November 13, 2020

Most Awkward Things People Let Slip In Conversations


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the worst and most profoundly awkward things that people have let slip during otherwise mundane conversations. Unfortunately, we've all been there at some level. Hopefully, these honest insights from folks that endured gnarly brain farts make you feel better about your most harrowing conversations. 

1.

Text - rrsn • 3y Accidentally told someone in a job interview l'd spent a week in a psychiatric ward. Still got the job! 7.0k ...

2.

Text - ShatteredPulse • 3y Accidentally told my mom that my dad planned on divorcing her. I thought it was just understood. That was a rough day after that. 8.0k ...

3.

Text - Shattered_Deluge • 3y I was attending my aunt's funeral and when I was leaving, her son told me to take good care of my parents. Out of habit I said "you too". I felt horrible afterwards and still cringe at the memory to this day. 2.3k ...

4.

Text - sharrows • 3y I was having dinner with my parents and younger sister when I let it slip that Santa wasn't real. I honestly have no idea what I said or implied, but I will always remember the stares that could melt a thousand candles coming from my parents' eyes when I looked up from my green beans. And then my sister ran from the room, crying. 3.7k ...

5.

Text - DarthOphelia • 3y My grandparents separated before I was born(I'm 23 now) and when I was 6 or 7 my Grandfather was getting married and I was to be the flower girl. Well, no one told my Grandma wasn't supposed to know. So one day my family was at her house along with my Aunt and Uncle. And I mentioned how I couldn't wait to wear a pretty dress for the wedding. My Grandma asked who waa getting married. "GRAMPY IS!!" I exclaimed. And that's how she found out. Oops. 1.6k ...

6.

Text - BEEFTANK_Jr • 3y I got tricked into admitting to one of my best friend's very recent ex that he had cheated on her. I wouldn't have been talking to her at all, but she had a very extreme reaction to the break up. She locked herself in their apartment and had been threatening to kill herself. At one point, she said 'You know he cheated on me, right?' 'Uh, I guess.' | 'So he did!' Oops. 2.8k ...

7.

Text - halvie • 3y I ruined a surprise birthday party. Was hanging out, ran into the birthday girl, wished her happy day of birth and said l'd see her later at so and so's house....turns out she didn't know, and wasn't suppose to know. I'm a jackass. 475 ...

8.

Text - BirdCop • 3y I accidentally came out as a lesbian to my coworkers because I couldn't resist making a joke. 1.1k ... Luigi1364Rewritten • 3y TELL ME THE JOKE 492 ... BirdCop • 3y OH. It's not anything particularly funny but it went something like "that thing we need is locked away in the closet" and without thinking I blurted out "haha me too!!" 1.5k ...

9.

Text - [deleted] • 3y Once when I was having "the talk" with a soon to be ex, I dropped a fucking bomb that immediately made me cringe: "I liked you before I got to know you." A friend heard this story and says "aww, that's cute. You liked her even before you knew her that well." Nope, it was that I stopped liking her after getting to know her. The soon to be ex fully understood the statement upon delivery. 8.6k ...

10.

Text - Galen640 • 3y I told my EX friends dad that she dated a guy, apparently that was forbidden. Oops 395 ...

11.

Text - Rekayo • 3y I accidentally texted her the specs to her engagement ring while I was trying to send the specs to a family member who was asking after them. 3.2k ...

12.

Text - Jay985 • 3y So, one of the worst things you can do in basic training is call a female instructor "sir," for obvious reasons. There were plenty who did this and were subsequently reamed. Well, I took it a step further, and called my male instructor "ma'am." "...Did you seriously just call me ma'am?" Fortunately for me, I think he got more confused than anything and we had shit to do so there wasn't time to make my day hell. IL|| ... 4.1k

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment