Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Manager Tries To Embarrass Employee, Proceeds To Self Destruct


The fact that this manager ended up quitting after unsuccessfully trying to humiliate an employee, is the real icing on the cake. It's a true mystery how some of these incompetent managers end up being in the positions of power that they are. At least this particular manager was ultimately defeated. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + JOIN u/Darigone • 5h Total Humiliation Was told I should post this here [TL:DR] Manager used my report in a meeting to' set an example." Only for the manager to be humiliated by the same report. I work in security and have been for years. A common practice is to complete a report of what happened during your time. I specifically work in patrols. Basically you go from location to location checking on each site.

2.

Text - After each site you write what you did at the location. I have 40 sites to watch over every night. For this reason things tend to get very copy paste. Most locations require the same thing. Check exterior, checking stairs doors damage, you get the point. I got a new manager who is disconnected with how patrols work. He want us to make unique entries into every single log.

3.

Text - When I mean unique I mean none can be close to similar. So if I state I patrolled the exterior of the building. I can't use that phrase for any of the other logs. You can see how that could cause me a lot of problems, and is a massive time waster. After about a week of being borderline harassed, and threatened to make each log 100% unique or else. Let's see about that.

4.

Text - We have so much to look after we have thick binders giving detailed information for each site, and what's required of you. “Site orders." Every time I would complete a site I just copy pasted all the information into the log. Each log has a small window that you could put 50 words into before it becomes overwhelming to read. Each log I posted had no less than 500 words directly from the “Site Orders." After my first day doing this. I expected to walk in, and get yelled at. However nothing

5.

Text - 2 months latter, and still no one says anything not a word. We have quarterly meetings to talk about accidents how the patrol group is doing. What's going wrong and what's good. Que the manager the first thing he brings up is the logs, and how almost everyone is failing. How we all should know better. “Your not kids I shouldn't be holding your hands, the only adult in here besides me is OP."

6.

Text - I look up at him, and his smile was almost disturbing. He then shows a log I wrote up. He begins to talk about how everyone should be like me. How no one deserved to work here but me. The looks I was getting from everyone was brutal. He talked for about 20 min constantly using my name. He would of kept going, but I interrupted him. I asked why he called me out, and how inappropriate it was for him to do so. He looked at me and said “Only children interrupt someone when they are talking."

7.

Text - I then turned to the group. Telling them that T have been copy pasting my report for the last 2 months. I told them that I just copy pasted the "Site orders." Over and over again, The managers face started getting real red. He after all wanted us to make unique logs. He started to scramble a bit as he pulled up other logs of mine. Only to show that everything I said was true. After that the whole group jumped on him. Many had been screamed at for the exact thing I had been doing. It was b

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment