Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Dumbest Customer Complaints Employees Had to Hear


There is no pleasing some customers. Seriously, sometimes an angry, miserable, frustrating, entitled customer is just in the building to look for a fight. There are even some extremely stupid ones like when the complaining customer isn't even in the right store. Don't even think that anyone is safe from Karens online, like this lying Karen who got decimated by the owner's response.

1.

Text - blissbali2020 4.3k points · 19 hours ago Many years back, worked for a store chain which sells all products related and connected to Nature. Among them, the Himalayan salt stone lamp. It's a stone made of salt that encases an electrical bulb. It is supposed to help for regulating ions in your home/office. A customer called us to complain that their stone disappeared at home, and asked for a refund. As open mind as I can be, I however tried to understand what she meant exactly by "disappea

2.

Text - TrypMole 1.2k points · 17 hours ago I may have worked for the same store. We also sold bonsai trees which can be kinda tricksy to keep so you got a care leaflet with them. The leaflet said to water the tree you should immerse the pot entirely until soaked and then allow to drain completely (disclaimer: I have no idea if this advice is actually correct). Anyway customer comes in with dead tree in pot with zero soil left, ranting how the advice was terrible and demanding a refund. Turns out

3.

Text - 10wuebc 174 points · 19 hours ago The carts were wet..when the customer watched the utility guy push them in..FROM THE FUCKING RAIN!!!!!!

4.

Text - woodenman22 4.0k points · 19 hours ago A guy asked if I was the manager. "Can I help you with something?" Angrily: "Yeah, three Saturdays in row now I come down here at 4:30, and every fuckin' Saturday you close at 4." "Uh...yeah. We close at 4." "Fuck you." At least he left then. The worst ones don't leave. They just keep going.

5.

Text - noodles_the_food 2.0k points · 19 hours ago I work for a popular roadside assistance company and had a guy call in wanting to get roadside assistance for his daughter who was stranded. His daughter was not on his membership and there was no room to add her because he already had his wife added. So I suggested he remove his wife for now and add his daughter so she can get roadside assistance and then switch them back afterwards. Apparently this was the most outrageous suggestion. He went a

6.

Text - BOOMkittykitty 1.7k points · 20 hours ago I used to work at a pizza place with a small| dining room. So many people would complain that their pizza was too hot to eat. Of course it is. It just came out of the oven. This is why you chose to drive your dumbass here to eat instead of having it delivered. Because it's fresh. Fresh pizza is hot, ffs.

7.

Text - AwkwardSara 1.6k points · 19 hours ago I was working at OfficeMax during back to school season. This woman comes up to my register with a few things and I start scanning it in. She notices the one item rang up less than she was expecting. She actually got an attitude with me because we hadn't had a chance to print new shelf tags for that aisle yet. I told her I would wait if she wanted to get more. She declined and continued complaining to me about it. I said "well I can override the pric

8.

Text - DietyBeta 1.4k points · 19 hours ago Had a woman call me racist because I asked her if she needed utensils for her take-out.

9.

Text - Inevitable_Problem85 1.0k points · 17 hours ago A customer called me racist. I do phone support. I don't see your skin color. They then proceeded to tell me to go back to my country. Yes I have an accent. Who's discriminating who?

10.

Text - maxdps_ 1.2k points · 19 hours ago S Not sure if this is really a complaint but more sheer stupidity... At my first IT job, someone was returning a computer monitor and insisted on speaking with someone from the IT department rather than just leaving it in the cage as they were asked. So I came down to talk with them to see what was going on and she was very adamant that I "double-check" the monitor to make sure all of her information was off of it... This lady literally thought all of he

11.

Text - 2buckbill 1.0k points · 18 hours ago Worked in an electronics store to put myself through college. I worked in the computer department, but was sitting at the loss prevention desk up front to cover while the LP supervisor took a quick lunch break. An old lady comes in, asks where the dairy section is, and help finding the milk. I told her, kindly, that we weren't in a grocery store. She looks confused and leaves. A couple of minutes later her (presumably) son walks in, and starts chewing

12.

Text - Unique_User_name_42 873 points · 20 hours ago The store manager was walking by my register as a customer was walking up to check out. My manager said I had to take my break in 15 minutes to which I said, "Okay" The customer complained that it was unprofessional for the manager to speak to me and that I was unprofessional to respond when a customer was approaching the register because I needed to be focused on her and greet her appropriately.

13.

Text - functionalsock 844 points · 19 hours ago Worked at a coffee shop that wasn't Starbucks. Frappuccino is a trademarked word for Starbucks blended coffee drinks. When customers would ask for frappuccinos we would just put in the order as what we called it and let them know the name for it at our store so they would recognize it when the barista called it out. Had a women get so upset she was screaming, all over the word frappuccino. According to her it was the traditional Italian word for a

14.

Text - shartnado3 847 points · 19 hours ago Working pizza delivery. One time a guy called in, threatened to kick all our asses and more because we put sticks in his pizza. I told him I would be happy to come pick it up and examine it (we got a LOT of fraud calls, people trying to get free shit every day). When I got there his tone changed (I am 6 foot, 270 pounds) and he showed me the "sticks" in his pizza. You know what they were? He ordered thin crust, and some of the crust broke off onto the

15.

Text - PersonMcNugget 777 points · 20 hours ago Somebody called head office to complain that they heard a Michael Jackson song in our store.

16.

Text - alphalegend91 750 points · 20 hours ago · edited 16 hours ago Ah I got a great one. So I have a small retail business with my mom that's strictly brick and mortar. Normally our return policy is within 21 days for store credit. During the holidays we extend it so that anything purchased between black Friday and December 24th can be returned up until the end of January. A few years ago this guy came in around the end of April trying to return Christmas gifts on DRY CLEANING HANGERS. When I

17.

Text - Scamperillium 593 points · 18 hours ago · edited 17 hours ago I work at a bakery and we sell pigs in a blanket for breakfast. A few years ago one of the kinds was a spicy blueberry sausage (it had blueberries inside the sausage link). One day some lady got one (knowing it was a blueberry sausage link), bit into it and noticed some dark looking things inside the sausage link (surprise, it was a blueberry) but for whatever reason she thought that a flake of black gunk from inside our oven s

18.

Text - Nick_J_at_Nite 587 points · 19 hours ago · edited 7 hours ago When I was at DirecTV I received a call from a man whose sole purpose was to complain that this is the United States and there should not be a Spanish option in the automated call tree.

19.

Text - slapthefatcat 533 points · 19 hours ago Restaurant with open kitchen, so customers and us cooks can converse freely. Customer wanted crispy fish. Made it really crispy. Not done enough. I cooked a new one, literally like 15 minutes on the fryers; I cooked three or four other orders around it. She then complained that it was too hot and she didn't want it.

20.

Text - EmberHands 437 points · 18 hours ago That our parent company said that a portion of every purchase goes towards the So The World May Hear foundation for poor kids hearing aids. He wanted that portion of his purchase refunded to him. I told him that the parent company had every right to do with their profits off every purchase that they wanted and most people were happy that instead of profiting as much they made a donation instead. He didn't care. He was mad that his money was helping bro

21.

Text - ashlie_ren 390 points · 18 hours ago A lady ordered a sandwich and then cancelled her order because she thought it took too long. Someone else from the party she was having called and made an order. We made it and delivered it without issue. Same lady calls back APPALLED that we would allow one of her guests to order from us after she made it very clear she wanted to cancel her own order. It's not my business if other people at her party want to order food and I had no idea it was her par

22.

Text - mywifiisbadtho 373 points · 19 hours ago I worked at Subway in high-school and a customer demanded to speak to a manger because her $5 footlong was not exactly $5. I tried explaining to her that sales tax is normal and $5.35 is the price of anything after tax that is $5 she continued to yell and cuss at me. She even specifically stated she does not have to pay a tax. It was at that moment I accepted that there was no being rational with some people...

23.

Text - queen_in_the_north17 335 points · 19 hours ago I was a lifeguard for 2-3 years in high school. Everyday I would get people complaining about the pool temperature as if I could do something about it. "Ma'am, the pool does not have a heating system, I'm sorry. Larger bodies of water hold their temperature longer, which is why it's so cold". And they would complain ALL. THE. TIME. “This is your job, you need to fix it!" I'm sorry lady. This isn't the 4 Seasons Hotel, this is a fucking commun

24.

Text - MrNatels 320 points · 18 hours ago I'm a bartender and just last night a came in and I knew something would happen... they are sitting at their TABLE and ask for some margaritas. I go make them and bring them out to the table. He proceeds to tell me "here's a TAFFER tip; if someone orders a cocktail you should make it in front of them" I replied, well if you were sitting at THE BAR I could do that... Do you want me to bring the blender out to your table and make your frozen drink for you

25.

Text - ChilliCornflakes 269 points · 19 hours ago Once had a customer complain about the lack of windows and natural sunlight in that part of the store. We were in the basement.

26.

Text - somestupidassbitch 244 points · 19 hours ago · edited 19 hours ago Ice cream, half eaten, lactose free ice cream. They called up the store I worked at and demanded we take it back bc after she ate almost all of it she realized it didn't taste that well. Despite my efforts to explain that we can't take back food she already had opened and eaten she still insisted we gave her back her money. After 10 mins I just told her to come to the store and talk to the manager. Not only did he refund t

27.

Text - OnAMoose 219 points · 20 hours ago Work in produce delivery. Had a lady complain that the pit in her avocado was too big. She followed up by asking if she could come in and pick her own items before we delivered them and I kindly reminded her that grocery stores exist.

28.

Text - Just-1-More-Try 208 points · 19 hours ago Customer was sent a bill in an envelope with a plastic window part for the address and called to complain that our company was single handedly (her words) destroying the planet by sending so much plastic through her door. Turns out she'd had several letters as she was significantly behind in payments and there was a previous complaint on her records where she had insisted all correspondence must be by post. Smh. Literally could not win with the wo

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment