Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Freakiest Stuff Night Time Workers Witnessed


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the freakiest things that night time workers ever witnessed while on the job. There's something about night time that's always managed to bring out the craziest parts about this reality that we all share. Definitely gotta keep a watchful eye out if it's a full moon as well. 

1.

Text - zoinks_a_ghost • 2d I'm a nurse, so a l see a lot of freaky stuff working days at the hospital as well but I used to work nights. There's a common phenomenon amongst dementia patients called sundowning. A dementia patient can be sweet and innocent all day but once night falls they do a complete 180 and become agitated and often hostile. Also more patients die on night shift for some reason. They always seem to want to crash around 3am. Q Reply 1 2.2k 3 ...

2.

Text - KritKommander • 2d 3 1 Award Train inspector here, walking a train in the middle of the night, pitch black, come up to a freight car that had 4 hobos sitting in it, just staring at me. Dudes never said a word, just watched me, I eased by them, and kept going, but couldn't get past the feeling of them behind me for a good while. | Reply 1 5.9k 3 ...

3.

Text - BlankNothingNoDoer • 2d 1 Award I used to work nights in a hospital setting. At one point, I was taking the city bus to work. There was a lady who got off the bus and left her baby. Her baby. The bus driver pulled the bus over and tried to find her but it was nighttime and he couldn't find her. He called the police. Before the police got there, the woman came running back, realizing that she had forgotten something. My boss did not believe me when I told her why I was late. Reply 1 7.9k .

4.

Text - 8 Awards Was standing topside watch in the Navy at sea on a dark night when the sky suddenly turned bright. For about three seconds something was incoming so bright it lit all the weather decks up like daylight. This caused quite a commotion in the bridge and operations. We were forward deployed during wartime, although not in a region where active fighting was expected. Obviously everyone's worry was that we might be under attack. Then the sky went dark again just as suddenly as it had b

5.

Text - Xanghanistan • 2d Worked as a office cleaner before covid, 11-7am as a 1- man team. One stormy ass night, I was on the phone while working when my connection started to fade in and out.. All of a sudden there is just a deafeningly loud shriek coming out my phone and the power goes out. Even the emergency lights. I remember looking out the window of the 10th and seeing the whole industrial park black. Nights make everything creepy Q Reply 1 1.6k 3

6.

Text - flcksbdoldn • 2d 1 Award I worked nights at a dog kennel. During the night we'd just walk the dogs around the parking lot so they could go to the bathroom. The parking lot was surrounded by a wooded area on most sides. There was a stray cat colony living in the woods behind the parking lot. Every time l'd walk a dog through the parking lot the cats would sprint away and hide in the woods. They did not like the dogs at all, they were terrified of them. One night l'm walking a dog and I see

7.

Text - PussanaBanana • 2d 3 Awards Not freaky but I was Sitting on a loading dock at 3am (very dark) smoking a cig. Saw a cat and I tried to get it to come over. It did. It wasnt a cat it was a raccoon. Still fed it a cracker. Reply 1 3.1k 3 ...

8.

Text - itsMondaybackwards • 1d 1 Award Used to work overnight at Wal-Mart. I was tasked to stock automotive that night, furthest corner of the store away from my other coworkers. One of the few times I wasn't listening to music with earbuds in so I would've heard if someone was near me messing with shit. The doll isle is only a few feet away from where l'm stocking. I walked passed the isle coming from the warehouse and a doll on the opposite end of the isle started crying. Scared the black off

9.

Text - DarrenEdwards • 2d 3 1 Award I grew up on a farm. One night I was supposed to check the irrigation pumps at 2AM. It's a 2 mile drive and I am mostly asleep. I park the truck with the lights aimed at the river. When I get out the headlights are projecting my shadow on rapid layers of fog coming from the river. Above that the fog was dissipating into the wildest northern lights display l've ever seen. It was like a sheet being violently shook from one horizon to the other. The farm has no s

10.

Text - YOElleWhatUp • 2d One night during a floor set at VS, we were throwing away trash and going in and out of the stock room, cleaning the floor, removing merchandise, counting registers, opening boxes, etc. We had music blaring and we're singing, goofing off while working and all of a sudden some lady walks out to the register and wants to purchase her items probably about 45 minutes after we closed and did the nightly routines of clearing out the fitting rooms, recovering the store, vacuumi

11.

Text - BusyPassenger1048 • 2d I worked at the arclight (bougie movie theatre) and l'm a night person, so I usually got the last shifts, which meant I had to clear out every theatre and then make sure all the trash bags hidden in the back hallway were clear and clean for the morning crew. The only freaky experience I had was seeing/hearing someone running throughout the hall, laughing and just being fucking weird. I thought it was a patron who was drunk, but it lasted for a good half hour, even t

12.

Text - Kaladrax182 • 2d I stocked shelves at Toys R Us over night for 5 years. One night, the entirety of three walls of board games, 5 shelves tall, three feet deep, fell to the floor. Everything. Except for a single Ouija board. We left early that night. Reply 1 1.6k 3 ...

13.

Text - wrenwynn • 2d A coworker who ate a bunch of bananas every single night. Not one, a whole bunch from the supermarket. Not really freaky, but definitely baffling. Would also regularly offer me banana despite me saying every time I'm allergic to them so no thanks. Just bizarre. He also had a drawer in his desk just stuffed full of staplers. Which I know doesn't sound that weird in an office but it was at least 20 staplers, none of which had staples in them, and I never saw him use one even o

14.

Text - Concentrate83 • 2d I found the guy who was going through people's desk drawers. Reply 416 ...

15.

Text - TheRealOcsiban • 2d I worked as security at Medieval Times. Walking around by yourself at night in a semi spooky castle, especially in the torture devices room, can be pretty scary Reply 1 328 ...

16.

Text - OGWaterBoy • 1d I copied this from a previous post of mine. I used to work the overnight shift at a Water Treatment Plant that first began treatment in the early 1920's. We were believed to be the oldest continuously operating plant in the state. I was the only one in the plant from 2300 - 0700. Many security features would inform me of someone's arrival outside of normal business hours. That said, here were my experiences. Sounds:

17.

Text - Many times, while sitting at my desk, I would hear music playing softly from the next room. There was no radio/speaker/audio source in the room that would otherwise explain where the music was coming from. It was older music, big band/jazz in genre. Too faint to actually make out a particular song or artist. There was no set time, although it seemed to happen the most between the hours of 0001 - 0100. Most of the time I would stand up from the desk to investigate. I would make it almost t

18.

Text - When I first started the overnight shift, I heard conversations between a man and a woman while standing at the sink. The source seemed to be coming from the entryway, which was behind the sink. It was too faint to make out what the conversation was about, but there were two distinct voices. When I walked into the entryway the conversation would stop. Again, this was when I had first started working overnight. I chalked it up to my mind messing with me. On numerous occasions, and quite fr

19.

Text - There were a few instances of unexplained smells in the older portions of the plant. One night, for instance, walking into the main entryway from the filter galleries there was a distinct smell of a woman's perfume as I stepped through the door. I walked about five feet into the entryway and then turned back through the door into filter gallery. The smell was gone. Going through the security records and cameras proved that I was the only one there. On two occasions I had an odor of rot/de

20.

Text - Sightings: I, personally, had only had one unexplained sighting. Again, in the oldest portion of the plant. I was standing outside in the parking lot when I saw a shadow moving across the oldest of the filter galleries. It was large and darker than a shadow should be, and moved quickly. Being that security was one of my job functions I had to investigate. After searching from the top floor to the bottom, I concluded that I was the only one there. There were large windows in the filter gal

21.

Text - Co-workers, had claimed to see figures standing in the windows on the second floor (Offices) or third floor (Storage) areas of the plant. I never saw anything personally, although I won't discredit what they experienced as they aren't people that would pull pranks. Lastly, there were numerous times that lights had been turned on/off without explanation. This mainly occured on the third floor (Storage) area in the oldest portion of the plant. While making rounds, I would look into the wind

22.

Text - I worked as a bartender for about five years. I would usually get out around 3am, 4am on weekends. One bar I worked at was next to a small portion of the pine barrens in New Jersey. It was a Saturday night. Some of my friends would usually hang out with me at the bar until I got out. So we were all talking and I was moving some just-cleaned glasses around. I randomly looked outside and saw two red dots in the woods about maybe 4 inches apart from each other but evenly leveled. So l'm star

23.

Text - Glitch_in_the_pink • 2d A strange looking fox, it's face literally looked like it had a pixelated skull superimposed over the top of it. I work in an animal shelter and was out doing the morning dump checks (checking the perimeter for any dumped pets overnight) and had one of our resident dogs with me, who was absolutely oblivious to the strange looking fox perched on the wall opposite. I watched it for a while, half expecting the skull-thing to disappear in the way that exhaustion induce

24.

Text - SirMandrake • 2d I worked a 12hr shift (6pm-6am) for a trucking company in the IT dept. I was the only person in the entire upstairs and after midnight, the only person in the building. Running around in between cubicles passing out reports for the next day in near total darkness. Every once in a while a random phone extension would begin ringing. It would ring and ring and ring and ring and not stop. I would have to hunt it down and answer it, but there would never be anyone on the line.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment