Sunday, October 4, 2020

Quick Funny Tumblr Thread On Food Allergies


This quick and entertaining Tumblr thread has us witness the online spectacle that is a Tumblr user potentially learning for the first time that they're allergic to citrus. While we're on that note though, what's with the whole eating ants thing? Like, come on, man. That being said, this thread should definitely serve as an educational reference point for anyone who has ever found themselves with an unexplainable itchy throat after eating bananas/avocados/fruits/etc. Oh, and honey isn't supposed to burn. That's no good. 

Check out some more gold from Tumblr with this thread about how people's brains turn off around pets.

1.

Text - @eggzbian-deactivated20191126 orange juice is the superior beverage bc it makes ur tongue feel like u ate a bunch of ants which reminds me of my childhood when I would put ants in my mouth and eat em except this time it tastes good too spacefroggity Hey op I think you're probably allergic to citrus?

2.

Text - luckylesbiano is. this not what oj is supposed to make ur tongue feel like grimehands kramergate every time I tell someone about my potato allergy they go "oh that sucks I can't imagine not eating fries or mashed potatoes!" and im like oh rest assured nether god nor the devil himself could stop me from trebucheting hot spoonfuls of starchy face-swelling throat- itching good shit into my dumb as hell gaping potato receptacle

3.

Text - noxtheox kramer i'm still not over the fact that you thought the potato sweats were A Thing kramergate I simply assumed we were all willing to suffer for our passions

4.

Text - darkersolstice Did you know that if your mouth itches when you eat kiwis, it is not from hairs left over on the fruit after you peel it? I didn't untilI was about 26 or so! solarpunkarchivist Confusingly, pineapple is supposed to feel like that, the damn thing is attempting to digest you right back.

5.

Text - justketerthings Numb lips are not part of the intended experience of peanut butter, apparently demonsgold YALL calamity-ashley Are we just gonna ignore the part where op says they ate ants?

6.

Text - ryukohime • 15h I forgot I'm allergic to nickel once and I wore a nickel- plated watch and I couldn't figure out why my wrist got sore and itchy and bumpy Three months later I was still wearing it daily and my mom was like "honey I think that's nickel. You know you're allergic to nickel, right?" Also l'm lactose intolerant and there is nothing and no one that can stop me from eating a whole block of cheese/family-size pizza/pint of ice cream in one go. Sometimes I remember to take my pill

7.

Text - Luvlygrl123 • 15h Had to explain to my bf that no, honey is not spicy nor does it tingle Reply 221 PaynefullyCute • 12h This exact tumblr thread was what made me realize I am allergic to honey (or something in it? idk). Cause I assumed it was supposed to make your mouth and throat a little bit burny feeling. Cause it's a load of sugar, and some sweets do that too, and maybe the sugar in honey is just like those sweets? Nope, allergy. No wonder it never actually helped my throat beyond the

8.

Text - strtdrt • 16h I have this with banana/avocado! Only found out it's not normal as an adult :D Reply 27 HauntedMeow • 14h For some reason banana/avocado allergy can develop into an allergy to all sorts of fruit and vegetable skin. Happened to a friend of mine. So watch out for that. 20 ucchan801 • 9h This is exactly what happened to me too. Started with bananas (I thought the the itchy tongue and throat that came with it was normal as a kid). Then it later developed to include avocado, wate

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment