Sunday, October 4, 2020

Contractor Dodges Delusional Choosing Beggar


The level of entitlement in this scenario is truly beyond comprehension. We just don't understand how people end up losing touch with reality like this. There's no possible way to reason with anyone approaching a negotiation like this. 

1.

Text - Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, but that price is way too high. My budget is around $5,000. Hi - when we went over the design, all the materials you chose were far over $5,000. The custom tiles 60 x 30 are worth more than $5,000 alone, not to mention all the other things included in the Scope of work.

2.

Text - What Tiles can't be that much, I can get them cheaper myself.

3.

Text - If you'd like I can send over new paperwork where you are responsible for the purchases and I am simply the installer. I'd need a list of the stuff you plan on buying so I can quote appropriately. If I'm buying the stuff you should have a flat fee install, no?

4.

Text - Well I have to base it off what we are installing. If you decide to go with quality items, they can take longer or be harder to install. If you go with simple stuff I can probably help you out. Simple stuff? Excuse me? I don't think we are on the same page when we spoke last time I made it clear quality is key. I don't know what you expect with a $5,000 budget.

5.

Text - I expect to get what we agreed on. You told me you can start Monday - I expect that to happen at the price we agreed upon. No price has been agreed on. I am not sure where the confusion is - but let me help explain. You accumulated over $30,000 in materials for this bathroom. Some of which have huge wait times, like the custom tiles which take 8-12 weeks and are imported from Italy. I told you I can start the demolition and run the lines, but that would mean you have no bathroom while we

6.

Text - Look we agreed upon the scope of work, you have to do what we discussed. Go to a McDonald's, take a look at their bathroom, that's what I can give you for $5,000. Rude. There's a million contractors, it's Manhattan. Imagine being so entitled - you are not that good. True I don't deserve you. Good luck with your project! Thanks, goodbye.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment