Saturday, October 17, 2020

Delusional Manager Won't Accept Resignation


This person asked if they were right to walk out after their boss tried some weird manipulative BS by "not accepting" their two wees notice. It seems like they were well within their right, and are better off to have that garbage behind them. For another interesting quitting story, here's an employee who walked out and got a promotion out of it.

1.

Text - Posted by u/Iquitscrewyou 20 hours ago AITA for walking out after a boss tried to refuse to accept my resignation? Not the A-hole I had a boss who was a real turd. He labored under the delusion he was an excellent boss and couldn't put together that his behavior and the crappy pay was why he had such a hard time keeping employees. He also thought it was acceptable to call his female employees hun, sweetie, and sugar. He was a condescending asswipe who consistently passed over more qualifi

2.

Text - I turned in my two weeks and he said "oh sweetie, you know you can't leave." I said I absolutely am leaving. He got the smuggest look on his face and said "Well, I'm not accepting this, sugar. Guess you're here to stay." I got so furious and decided that was it. I said "well screw this then, I quit. Effective immediately." Called my new job, explained what happened in front of him as he sat there slack jawed and agreed start the next day. I packed my stuff and left.

3.

Text - A former coworker said it was an asshole thing for me to just up and quit on the spot, but if he refused to accept the resignation he could easily have tried to screw me over when my last day did come. My new boss says he deserved it and I'm not the asshole for quitting like I did. My boyfriend says he can see how other employees might feel like I was an asshole by making them cover my absence, but sees how I'm not the asshole for walking out of that toxic environment. So just because I'm

4.

Text - SparklyUnicornLady Commander in Cheeks [295] 25.3k points · 23 hours ago E NTA. 2 weeks notice is a courtesy that your former boss did not deserve.

5.

Text - sonnenshine Partassipant [2] 7.0k points · 23 hours ago NTA. The way your former boss responded to your giving notice made my skin crawl. You were right not to accept his condescension and harassment. Go enjoy your new, better job.

6.

Text - Americanshartmaster Partassipant [1] 3.5k points · 23 hours ago NTA. He can't refuse your resignation. Demented-Alpaca Asshole Enthusiast [8] 1.5k points · 19 hours ago Apparently he can refuse it, he just can't stop her from leaving anyway.

7.

Text - CarlBassett Partassipant [1] 1.4k points · 19 hours ago 3 NTA. Resigning is not "asking permission" to leave, it's letting them know that you're leaving and what day you will stop turning up. Barring the military and certain other rare exceptions you can walk out any time you want, whether he chooses to "accept" it or not. The only time I knew of a boss refusing a resignation was a place I worked where the teenage son of a woman who had worked there for years, and had got him a temporary

8.

Text - KnownPlum Partassipant [2] 536 points · 20 hours ago NTA. You did what you were supposed to do. You gave him notice and he refused to accept it. Were you supposed to continue working there because he said you couldn't quit? Everyone who is saying YTA is delusional. Congrats on your new position!

9.

Text - Stripperturneddoctor 407 points · 17 hours ago INFO: What was his plan? Like, he would say no and you would tell the other job "sorry, I'm stuck here." You're 100% NTA but damn I am curious.

10.

Text - chimpfunkz 335 points · 17 hours ago "Well, I'm not accepting this, sugar. Guess you're here to stay." Employees HATE this one trick! NTA

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment