Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Worst Birthday Gifts People Received


Getting a terrible gift for your birthday might be arguably worse than getting nothing at all. Yep, that's right. We're talking about folks that were filled with excited anticipation only to realize that they were being gifted something they literally owned. Or try a lint remover. Or, maybe a used pen that grandma found in her purse. When in doubt, cash is always a good and appreciated move. 

1.

Text - JTSmolAlien439 • 14h 3 Awards My Asian mom's gift was "no extra Kumon homework after school homework" so my birthday gift was that I didn't get extra homework from her. Reply 6.9k ...

2.

Text - PM_ME_UR_CLEAVE • 14h 1 Award My grandma got me a hairbrush with a plastic horse head handle. The horse head was all chipped up and there was hair in the brush. Reply 7.0k ...

3.

Text - WonderWeeble • 14h O 2 Awards A lint remover. I was 12. Reply 13.3k ...

4.

Text - mikeardigan • 13h 9 Awards My grandparents have been gifting me (and my brother) the same set of three vice grips for almost 10 years. Collectively we have 60 vice grips. I don't know if they bought a pallet of them, or where they are coming from. GET A GRIP GRANDMA! Reply 15.4k ...

5.

Text - katzenmiauen • 13h 6 Awards An ex-boyfriend hyped up my birthday gift for days, so I was pumped. On my birthday, he presented me with a small, flat box. Inside was a passport. His passport. That's it. Just his passport. No tickets for a trip, no promises of a trip once we saved up together. He literally just gifted me his passport. I'm still baffled.

6.

Text - devlOUs32 • 14h 2 Awards A used pen that my grandma found in her purse at my 16th birthday.. Reply 9.3k ...

7.

Text - Revenge_of_the_Khaki • 14h 9 Awards A pair of homemade custom pajamas. Only problem was that they weren't made yet. It was just the fabric and a promise to make them for me. I had to give the fabric back and I never got the pajamas. Reply 23.8k ...

8.

Text - one-for-all-plus-ultra If they say they're peachy it means they're tired of existence drneverland If they say "Living the dream," it means "please me, I hate my job so, so much." accordingtomyresearch also “that's a great question" means "I have no freaking idea"

9.

Text - stayrootedsucculents • 13h 1 Award My mom would get me a carrot cake every year for my birthday. I hate carrot cake. Always have. But it was my dad's favorite so... Reply 10.0k ...

10.

Text - powerbrows • 14h 9 Awards My ex celebrated my first birthday that we were together by completely ignoring it altogether the day after going all out for her friend's birthday the day before. She offered me a leftover piece of the birthday cake she got for her friend, but still never said "happy birthday". That should have been my signal to run because it never got any better. Reply 9.8k ...

11.

Text - Vyper28 • 14h 3 O 6 Awards My grandparents were super low-effort low-budget at every birthday. One year they got me a 2nd hand colouring book from a swap meet. It was almost completely coloured in by what appeared to be a 3 year old with a single green felt pen. Also i was 18 and they thought it was a good gift because it was disney related and i was going to college for animation and design... Reply 14.7k ...

12.

Text - BBoySlim • 15h 1 Award HR complaint from two subordinates fighting over how to throw me a surprise birthday party. Reply 3.4k ...

13.

Text - tacospizzaunicorn • 15h 5 Awards A very obviously used candle. Reply 21.6k ...

14.

Text - little_milkee • 15h 1 Award It was not bad at all but to my 12 year old self I was pretty pouty at the time... My mom alluded for months that she was getting me a phone for my 12th birthday but I got a banana. Reply 4.5k

15.

Text - MR-WADS • 15h 1 Award Years ago I got this chess game for the PS1 from my godmother, thing is, it didn't work on my PS1, but it did work on her son's PS1, so he got a new game and I got nothing :) Reply 10.1k ...

16.

Text - HandsomeLakitu • 15h 5 Awards I have been stung by a bee 3 times in my life, and all of them were on my birthday. I was 3, 14, and 25. Reply 26.9k ...

17.

Text - ShinyQuest1 • 14h 3 Awards I just wanted a plain vanilla cake I didn't ask for anything else, I didn't ask for gifts I didn't ask to go anywhere just a plain vanilla cake. My mother got me a chocolate and mint ice cream cake. I don't even like mint ice cream and I definitely never liked or asked for ice cream cake in my life for her to get that idea. It sat in the freezer forever. She acted like it was a big inconvenience for her. Reply 8.3k ...

18.

Text - GoKickRox • 13h 35 Awards Forgotten. It was either a blessing or a curse, considering my mom forgot until 9pm, left me a voicemail telling me Happy Birthday, and forgot to hang up. Hearing her tell my sister "There, I did it." Was... interesting.

19.

Text - suo-my-nona • 15h G 18 Awards Grounded because I said that I didn't need to celebrate my birthday and that was too ungrateful of me. Reply 27.0k ...

20.

Text - DisneyMusicSlaps • 14h 1 Award A glitch in the matrix. I remember one time my aunt came over and at one point in front of me and my mom she told me she had a gift in her bag that she would give me later... I was super excited about it and later she was getting ready to leave and I said "what about my gift?" and she said "what gift?" My mom even said "The one you have in your bag for her birthday." and she said "I don't know what you're talking about!" I remember it soo0o clearly because o

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment