Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Diner Regular Gets What She Ordered, Pitches Hysterical Fit


Just cause you're a regular doesn't mean that you get a free pass for treating the hard working staff anything less than great. There's just some kind of mentality that seeps into the mind of a regular (sometimes), where they think that they can trouble the waiter/bartender because they've been there so many times, and leave a decent tip. Enough is enough. Sounds like these ladies did not make their return after staging a very unnecessary public freakout. 

1.

Text - r/TalesFromYourServer + Join u/fetalpiggywent2lab • 302d She cried over her eggs... Long LONG ONE SORRY. But I thought it was just about the most absurd encounters and had to share, this was last year. So. I own a breakfast restaurant. I have served and bartended for over a decade and we bought a restaurant about 2 years ago now and it is going really well, and for the most part people are lovely. We have a lot of dedicated regulars and I like to know them by name and memorize their order

2.

Text - We had these two ladies who would come in at least 3 times a week, I knew their names/orders and they would come in on the weekends as well as weekdays and sit for a good couple of hours, regardless of how busy, but they were nice ladies and came in a lot. Their orders were a little more complicated than most: over medium+ eggs, no spice on their home fries, sometimes they wanted a gluten free English muffin but sometimes they wanted tomatoes instead of their toast, and they liked their b

3.

Text - This one weekend we were crazy busy. An article had come out praising our restaurant in the local paper and it was a zoo. We have only 3 guys in the back, 2 small friers and sometimes it is tough to keep up. If the kitchen is a bit backed up we always let our customers know, so they know what they are getting in to (like if the food is gonna be 30 mins [heaven forbid]). These ladies came in on this day of course, eventually got seated and we kept the coffee and pleasant chit-chat going. N

4.

Text - eggs are over medium + and are just over medium. She demands I take those eggs back to the kitchen to go back on the grill for a few more seconds. I tell her that we can't actually do that because you can't take food from a table back to the kitchen - but I would tell the cooks and they would get some new eggs for her as soon as possible. I tell her that they won't come right away but the kitchen knows and are a bit behind so it would probably be 15 mins or less. She waves me off and goes

5.

Text - mad and starts to cry. TEARS. About how I have ruined her day and they are never coming back. She threw a $20 in my face, and obviously this ticked me off (and they clearly were never coming back), and I can't help myself sometimes (knowing I can't be fired ahah..) so I straight up told her "Marg, these were eggs, you don't cry over eggs, get it together,' and then they stormed out. They have never been back, and to be honest we don't miss them one bit. 4.3k O 327 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment