Tuesday, September 22, 2020

New Employee is Not Having Free Donut Day


Getting used to a new work dynamic can be stressful, and this new employee decided that they wouldn't be bullied into participating in free donut day. Instead of just blowing the thing off, they thought to make their point more clear in the form of middle finger donuts. For some more office shenanigans, here's an employee who annoyed their coworker with plants.

1.

Text - O r/MaliciousCompliance - Posted by u/grillbuster5 11 hours ago It is MY day to buy donuts for the entire office as the new person?? Well...OK.... oc M As the "new person" at my job, I was told multiple times that I was expected to provide donuts for the entire office. Normally, that's not a big deal... but two people in particular were rude and relentless about the donuts all week. Others joined in also. Apparently, these people recently extorted two boxes of Krispy Kremes from someone e

2.

Text - Here's the problem, I was hired in as a Sr., 30 years old, and I was not necessarily loving the idea of being told to buy donuts. Hazing really did not seem appropriate at this point of my career. I didn't want to be a "bad sport" my first week, so I played along. In terms of the workforce, I was mature, but I was not very mature as a person overall. I needed a creative way to address this problem. On my way to work, I decided to pickup a cheap bag of small powdered hostess "donettes" don

3.

Text - The reaction from the staff was a lot of the "deer in headlights" looks. People had no idea if I was a "really nice, but clueless" person, or if I was totally saying “F U" to the entire donut idea. Most people took the "safe" choice of being pleasant in return. Some people tried to refuse, but I mentioned the "big deal" about buying donuts, and still left a donut on every desk. I had originally considered providing a donut to everyone except the last two idiotic pushy people. I started ve

4.

Text - My idea to passive aggressively snub them was no longer good enough. This had to be more direct. I decided I was 100% done with these guys, regardless of the consequences. I told them I had another idea. I grabbed a plastic knife from the breakroom, and cut the remaining donut in half the long way, so I still had two circles. The yellow cake was now visible. Then - the most brilliant idea of my life. A new way to hold donuts. One donut on each middle finger, with my middle finger in the c

5.

Text - I stopped at both desks. The first guy had his choice of two half donuts on my middle fingers. That's right, I was able to give him a double donut middle finger. He now understood that I was completely done with his BS, but he never grabbed a donut. I explained the donuts are actually quite tasty, and urged him to take one, but Im sure I looked like a complete psycho. I was no longer able to stay in character. The good news - his refusal to take a donuts from my middle fingers ALSO allowe

6.

Text - The reaction of the last person is best described as completely frightened. That's right, I reached a complete breaking point over donuts, and scared the hell out of someone. Anyway, after this incident, I was never asked to buy donuts again.

Submitted by:

Tagged: bully , donuts , employee , Office , lol , story , funny

No comments:

Post a Comment