Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Common Skills People Simply Don't Possess


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the common skills that people don't possess. Some of these might strike a chord, and make you feel better about the struggles that could be plaguing your existence. Struggles like not having the self control/awareness to know when to stop talking, or maybe something more intense like a condition called prosopagnosia, which is trouble recognizing faces like none other. These also might make you feel just a little bit more grateful for all the common skills that you otherwise took for granted. 

1.

White - waapplerachel • 16h Knowing when to shut up. Reply 1.9k ...

2.

Text - 1 Award Wrapping presents. I watch videos every time but I still can't do it. Reply 1 4.3k ...

3.

Text - numbskull56• 18h 2 Awards Snapping my fingers :( Reply 3.4k ...

4.

Text - TonyStark39 • 17h Weirdly, being unable to end a conversation on phone. Like, if unprompted, I just wouldn't know what to say to end the conversation. Reply 1 1.2k ...

5.

Text - short_fat_and_single • 15h 2 Awards I have prosopognosia, which means I have problems recognizing faces. I can only recognize people I see often or people who stick out visually. People with no distinguishing features are super hard, I call them smooth lookers. I usually fake it until I understand who they are mid conversation. My only real problem is movies where several actors have the same main features. Didn't that guy die? Reply 2.9k ...

6.

Text - Shoey_master6382 • 17h 2 Awards Having a conversation. I never know what to say and I'm always too nervous Reply 1.4k ...

7.

Text - SJ2390 • 17h I can't whistle, snap my fingers or do a cartwheel. Reply 5.6k ...

8.

Text - dekehairy • 16h After braces and jaw surgery, I still am unable to bite through things with my front teeth. I have a 4mm gap between my top and bottom teeth. Carrots, nope. Celery, nope. A simple sandwich with the trademark toothy bite mark out of the corner? Break out the fork and knife and look like a lunatic. I completely identified with the guy on Seinfeld who ate a Snickers with a fork and knife. Reply 1.1k ...

9.

Text - Skyhawk_Illusions • 14h Drawing. My hands simply can't translate my mind's eye. Reply 292 ...

10.

Text - TarantulaPets • 17h 1 Award Singing. I've had crows bring me worms when l've sang outdoors. Reply 1.2k ...

11.

Text - picklesupreme • 17h 1 Award Bike riding. I can't whistle or swim either, but I feel like I'm missing out on the most by not being able to ride a bike Reply 1 430 ...

12.

Text - the_loyal_spartan • 16h Staying quiet until the other person stops talking....I'm an interupter Reply 864 ...

13.

Text - Gapingyourdadatm • 15h The ability to do mental math. I simply cannot, it's a learning disability. I need a pen and paper or a calculator in order to do any math that is more complex than adding or subtracting one or two-digit numbers. Reply 1 3.2k ...

14.

Text - canohughess • 16h 1 Award despite being a little girl in the late 90s and early 00s, I can't braid for shit Reply 765 ...

15.

Text - jordisj44 • 17h The feeling of time. Like day feels like night night feels like day. When I'm tired I'm tiered etc Reply 348 ...

16.

Text - uriejejejdjbejxijehd • 17h Folding laundry properly. I can do an acceptable job, but l'll never achieve the easy perfection my wife casually displays. Reply 1.1k ...

17.

White - Valyris • 17h Interacting with new people. Reply 1 1.2k ...

18.

Text - eggy_delight • 16h Shuffling cards. I have to literally (LITERALLY) mash cards together and pray they shuffled enough to be played Reply 329 ...

19.

Text - arxero • 16h S 1 Award Snapping my fingers, and I really don't care enough to learn. And every time I tell someone I can't snap my fingers, without fail, they go "Really!? It's so easy!" *snap s**na*p ***nap snäp snappity fucking *sn*ap snAP SnaP sNæp snáppy °na° snap sñãp snap Imao haha lel lol *ap snAP SnaP sNæp snap snap snap... all up Imao *sn*- in my fucking face. Reply 359

20.

Text - Consistent_Racer • 16h Doing a fake accent, like british, people make it seem so easy. Mine is terrible. Reply 182 ...

21.

Text - PlamEv • 16h Converting food into energy and not just storing it as fat immediately after walking by a fridge. Reply 248 ...

22.

Text - Avicii_DrWho • 17h Math skills. Who decided to bring letters into math! Graphs are my archenemy. Reply 207 ...

23.

Text - blaz3_tired • 17h 1 Award How to tell what's left and right Thank you all for all the suggestions l'll make sure to try them all Reply 199 ...

24.

Text - 100LittleButterflies • 16h I cannot walk and drink at the same time. No matter how hard I try Reply 36 ...

25.

Text - PezAnt90 • 17h 4 Awards The ability to understand any instructions that aren't 100% crystal clear, it's like my brain shuts down trying to figure it out

26.

Text - cuoyi77372222 • 18h sense of direction. none. at. all. Reply 1.2k ...

27.

Text - dawrina • 16h Sleeping I envy people who can sleep soundly all night long. I'm such a light sleeper I wake up at even the slightest disturbance. I also sweat massively in my sleep so I always wake up drenched. I usually have a fan pointed directly at my bed and it's like 50 degrees in my room. I also sleep with 1 blanket. No comforter or sheets. I either sleep like 12 hours or 4 hours. There's no inbetween. Reply 371 ...

28.

Text - finnwicke • 16h I can't spit. Going to the dentist is always embarrassing when they say you can swish and spit. For me it's more swish and awkwardly spew from my lips. Reply 25

29.

White - loritree • 17h The ability to drive a stick. Reply 85 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment